Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 985 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 485 885 935 975 983 984 985 986 987 995 1035 1085 ... LastLast
Results 24,601 to 24,625 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome remarque, Priest! Wow! I have a lot of catching up to do!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations all!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY nice everyone! Love Jae Lee's work

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's been a busy day here with things I can show, and other things that I can't. With Secret Santa purchases, a couple that I just couldn't resist getting myself, and seemingly a lot of Pre-Order items either coming, or coming soon, it will be a busy season. Here is what today brought.

My husband can't really keep track of what I have/don't have, or what exactly he'd be looking for even if he did know what I wanted, but he DID know that I didn't have "the one that just came out" so he came home from errands with Bazaar Of Bad Dreams to surprise me. He's a keeper.

Then the mail brought The Stephen King Companion, which looks to be a great read, and is my first official purchase from Betts Books. It came with a cool photo printout of one of the Chadbourne artworks that is reproduced in the book, which I couldn't get a decent snapshot of, but you probably all know what it looks like anyway. The snapshot I DO have for you is the detail of the David Williamson autograph so we can all work on forging it for big bucks on ebay! (Thank you, David!)

Now, as great as SK is at the short story form, I think one of his contemporaries, Raymond Carver, really was a master. I've been reading a dogeared paperback on roadtrips when we get tired of music for several decades. ABE's newsletter a few months back showed off a bunch of the Franklin Library Covers, and I saw their edition of Where I'm Calling From for the first time. I've been looking for a cheap copy of it since, but usually see it in the $75-$100+ range, more than I want to pay; however I found a BIN ebay auction on this Like New copy last week for less than $50 and jumped on it. Carver must have signed these just shortly before he died in 1988. I wish I knew how many of these there are, but that doesn't seem to be common knowledge on these editions. This could very likely be the best looking book in my bookcases though.

WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a sharp lookin book! Congrats
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This arrived yesterday from Bett's. They look 31 days old not their 31 years and were part of David's personal collection he has been selling. Great price, packed like a pro and shipped quickly, David is the man.
    I am a HUGE fan of the older LE books. And old Grant books rock!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree--those Grant editions are fantastic!

John

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love this limited: congratulations!

sk

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

So nice and shiny! I wish mine was that bright!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    It's been a busy day here with things I can show, and other things that I can't. With Secret Santa purchases, a couple that I just couldn't resist getting myself, and seemingly a lot of Pre-Order items either coming, or coming soon, it will be a busy season. Here is what today brought.

My husband can't really keep track of what I have/don't have, or what exactly he'd be looking for even if he did know what I wanted, but he DID know that I didn't have "the one that just came out" so he came home from errands with Bazaar Of Bad Dreams to surprise me. He's a keeper.

Then the mail brought The Stephen King Companion, which looks to be a great read, and is my first official purchase from Betts Books. It came with a cool photo printout of one of the Chadbourne artworks that is reproduced in the book, which I couldn't get a decent snapshot of, but you probably all know what it looks like anyway. The snapshot I DO have for you is the detail of the David Williamson autograph so we can all work on forging it for big bucks on ebay! (Thank you, David!)

Now, as great as SK is at the short story form, I think one of his contemporaries, Raymond Carver, really was a master. I've been reading a dogeared paperback on roadtrips when we get tired of music for several decades. ABE's newsletter a few months back showed off a bunch of the Franklin Library Covers, and I saw their edition of Where I'm Calling From for the first time. I've been looking for a cheap copy of it since, but usually see it in the $75-$100+ range, more than I want to pay; however I found a BIN ebay auction on this Like New copy last week for less than $50 and jumped on it. Carver must have signed these just shortly before he died in 1988. I wish I knew how many of these there are, but that doesn't seem to be common knowledge on these editions. This could very likely be the best looking book in my bookcases though.

Congrats on the Carver book, TCC. I think I read in the biography of Carver that came out a few years ago that he signed over 10,000 of those tip in sheets. He knew he was dying from lung cancer at the time and struggled to get them all done. He died before the regular hard cover edition came out.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Nice grabs everyone and everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Over the past couple of months I've had the pleasure of working with a great seller to obtain some of the proofs I need for my collection. The first two of a total of five proofs arrived today. At first I had planned to continue Paul's Rare Proof Wednesday in five monthly installments and 'unveil' the proofs, starting with the most common one and ending with the scarcest one. But I don't want to wait another two or three months so here we go, in no particular order.

Neither of these, nor the other proofs I have coming are as exceptionally scarce as the things we're used to seeing from Bob and Gerald but they're far from common.

The first one is the UK IT proof. I had another copy a few years ago with a spine that was so faded it was almost white. Needless to say, this one is MUCH better!

The second one is a proof that I never expected to find - but I did. I'll never own a Doubleday or NEL proof so this was basically my Holy Grail of the older proofs. I am super happy to have found a copy! The UK Dead Zone proof! It looks a bit washed out in this pic but it's not. Overall it's not in great condition but I don't care one bit. This one took me a LONG time to find...

If I can find some this weekend I'll post better pics in my collection thread, of the books together with their US counterparts and the trade editions.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Michaël! Loving it so far. How wonderful to have that UK The Dead Zone proof! One of my favorite King books. Looking forward to seeing the others you will be getting.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I knew you'd like them! I think your copy of the IT proof is even better than this one, but yeah, that Dead Zone proof is just great to have, even if it's in rough shape. It's also one of my favorite books and there's just something so cool about owning a little piece of publishing history that was never meant to survive 36 years - but it did.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well said!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations my man... it is SO nice to see members get items they have searched for.. for so so so long. I am truly happy for you Micheal!!! kris
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Kris! I know these shabby proofs don't appeal to everyone but I like them, can't explain why, and I am VERY happy with this one. Three more to come, though!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Michaël! I haven't seen a UK Dead Zone proof posted on this site in a long, long time. Very scarce!

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Michaël! Very special pieces.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Thanks, Kris! I know these shabby proofs don't appeal to everyone but I like them, can't explain why, and I am VERY happy with this one. Three more to come, though!
    Not all my art appeals to everyone.. but boy oh boy.. it makes me happy. SO good for you mate!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Michael !

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Michaël! Some very nice copies!

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

2 new S/L's just arrived

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Simon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 985 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 485 885 935 975 983 984 985 986 987 995 1035 1085 ... LastLast