Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 977 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 477 877 927 967 975 976 977 978 979 987 1027 1077 ... LastLast
Results 24,401 to 24,425 of 32420

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    That looks like a nice book, Jeremy. What is the publication date?

I have also bought some new bookshelves yesterday, and this book is now right in the middle of a shelf.
    On other shelves there are some gothy decorations (eg : skulls, boxes, glasses), and an idea crossed my mind. Probably won't be able to do i, but... who knows?
    I would LOVE to have a shelf where I have first french editions of major books / stories in horror / fantastic :
    - 1st french edition of DRACULA
    - 2nd ed of FRANKENSTEIN (which I now have)
    - 1st french edition of a book by Poe & Lovecraft.

Need to do some research and those, but I like that idea. Maybe a new goal for me?
    Let's see a photo in its surroundings.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

It is nice to see collectors pride themselves with their newfound collectibles. Even nicer to share and to show other people that appreciate what people have found, purchased, and have finally gotten for their collection. I simply wanted to say thanks for the sharing and the pictures. It it nice to see others that appreciate and pride themselves with their hidden treasures. Thanks everyone!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Thanks all

I have also bought some new bookshelves yesterday, and this book is now right in the middle of a shelf.
    On other shelves there are some gothy decorations (eg : skulls, boxes, glasses), and an idea crossed my mind. Probably won't be able to do i, but... who knows?
    I would LOVE to have a shelf where I have first french editions of major books / stories in horror / fantastic :

Need to do some research and those, but I like that idea. Maybe a new goal for me?
    Ditto! Love to see it!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A few months ago I finally stumbled across the black cover edition, so have both. I know they're not worth much, but it's fun (and cheap) to always peek at the PBs in used and thrift book stores. I will keep looking for better condition books - these look better in real life. Minimal (if any) spine creases.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those both show a full number line, so they are true first printings. both also have "From the Author of The Dead Zone and Cujo" on the cover, so they are the scarcer variant. I've never seen the black one before. I've heard that the true first printings were part of a boxed set with The Dead Zone. I wonder if these also were part of the boxed set.

John

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice pictures Gerald, and jsmcmullen92 !

As for me, here is my latest acquisition : a second french edition of FRANKENSTEIN. Aaint in the best condition, but i've never seen one for sale before. And, as vthe only known copy of the true first french edition is at the national library, well, I wont be able to get an earlier copy !

Now, another classic that I want to get, one day, is a first french edition of DRACULA. Never seen one for sale either !
    One of my best friends and first college roommate is a direct descendent of Mary Shelley, not quite close enough to be in line for whatever royalties remain though but still pretty cool!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Those both show a full number line, so they are true first printings. both also have "From the Author of The Dead Zone and Cujo" on the cover, so they are the scarcer variant. I've never seen the black one before. I've heard that the true first printings were part of a boxed set with The Dead Zone. I wonder if these also were part of the boxed set.

John

I'm guessing these were once part of that box set, but separated at some point. It's kind of an odd "rarity" to have, but after seeing SO many number lines starting at 2, I'm convinced these are pretty scarce.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Thanks all

Ditto! Love to see it!
    And therefore I added some updated pictures of the main bit of my collection. It doesnt include the mass paperbacks in the garage though

@TCCBodhi : cool trivia info
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My spoils of a 50% off day at Half Price Books!
    Hugh Howey - Wool 1/1 signed ($5)
    Frank Herrbert - God Emperor of Dune 1/1 ($7)
    King - Bazaar of Bad Dreams 1/1 New ($12)
    -I think TBOBD is one of my favorite covers they have come out with in awhile! Minimal but very provoking.
    Bachman - Bachman Books 1/1 PB ($5)
    And two other items that I will let others show, 1 going out to another member here and the other going out to my Secret Santa (I hope the collection thread is up to date)

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Josh - very very very cool books you got today ! CONGRATS bud !!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! Great prices.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice work on the art Tim! Lots of P&J here... Looks like people got lots of goodies this weekend!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just in from a fellow comic book collector - super high grade CREEPSHOW 1st... unbroken spine and a cover like wet paint!

Dan
    Good health to all!!!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good health to all!!!

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beauty!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Way to go.

John F. Kennedy Slow Mutants will become famous soon enough Slow Mutants will become famous soon enough Slow Mutants's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    This is my Little Man’s 2nd Birthday Celebration Weekend. Today was devoted to visiting temples and making merits. Tomorrow is for visiting an amusement park and opening gifts.

I received a lovely gift from my friend Mark (Slow Mutants) in America. I collect paperbacks, but he tells me that “Firestarter” is very difficult to find in a First Printing. I was not aware of that. I have a copy that I picked up years ago, but I honestly don’t follow the paperback market as close as I probably should.

While I do have several signed paperback books, I did not have a “Firestarter” that was signed. I was very happy to discover that Stephen signed this on Halloween in 1981. I know that the King’s used to have visitors to their house on Halloween, but am not sure whether adults came with books. Perhaps he was met by a fan in Bangor during the day, or at the movies. Either way, it is a 1st for me.

None of that matters though, as Mark made me promise that the book was not mine, but my boy’s. When he can learn to read horror stories, I will give it to him. At the moment, it would be remarqued with crayons, then used for making confetti. It is safer if I look after it for awhile.

Gerald

Hey G,

Glad you got the book safely and I hope you guys had a great weekend. Remember, if you substitute "Thomas the Tank Engine" for a little "Cujo" or "Christine" every once in a while, you may just be helping to create a future novelist. Just a suggestion...

Mark

PS: Do you want me to send you on over a patch, or is the one knee thing meant to be a fashion statement over there? I think I saw Lil Wayne dress like that once.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    This is my Little Man’s 2nd Birthday Celebration Weekend. Today was devoted to visiting temples and making merits. Tomorrow is for visiting an amusement park and opening gifts.

I received a lovely gift from my friend Mark (Slow Mutants) in America. I collect paperbacks, but he tells me that “Firestarter” is very difficult to find in a First Printing. I was not aware of that. I have a copy that I picked up years ago, but I honestly don’t follow the paperback market as close as I probably should.

While I do have several signed paperback books, I did not have a “Firestarter” that was signed. I was very happy to discover that Stephen signed this on Halloween in 1981. I know that the King’s used to have visitors to their house on Halloween, but am not sure whether adults came with books. Perhaps he was met by a fan in Bangor during the day, or at the movies. Either way, it is a 1st for me.

None of that matters though, as Mark made me promise that the book was not mine, but my boy’s. When he can learn to read horror stories, I will give it to him. At the moment, it would be remarqued with crayons, then used for making confetti. It is safer if I look after it for awhile.

Gerald

Gerald, that is your best addition EVER!

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post

Gerald, that is your best addition EVER!
    Thank you Seth. He is a 1/1. With his mother included, my Trinity is complete.

Gerald

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My latest:

This is #23 of 150 done. (I managed to slip the band up far enough to see the limitation number.)

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 977 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 477 877 927 967 975 976 977 978 979 987 1027 1077 ... LastLast