Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 976 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 476 876 926 966 974 975 976 977 978 986 1026 1076 ... LastLast
Results 24,376 to 24,400 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Happy birthday to your little one! My boy is almost 19 months old and I'm already thinking about his upcoming birthday too. I'm sure my Julian is going to be happy with his presents but that signed Firestarter is fantastic! First printings are really hard to find (I've been looking for years) and to have one in this condition and signed on Halloween is great on so many levels. Congratulations!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Nice book, Gerald, and even better pictures of you and your son.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great photos! Nice date on the Firestarter for sure.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful Gerald. That is a very tough paperback to find. I do collect paperbacks and managed to find a 1st printing of the white cover some time back, but I've never found the black cover. And your copy is signed too. How exciting. Happy Birthday to your son and congratulations! Great pictures too of you guys.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My last 2 Prelims and 1 Original Maitz pieces from the 2016 CD Shining Release arrived yesterday.

Proud to have 6 of the 8 Prelims and 3 of the 8 Original pieces in my collection.

"Danny Shines" and "Danny in 217" Prelims

"Danny in 217" Original

Prelims on Display

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That looks really cool, congrats!

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Wonderful Gerald. That is a very tough paperback to find. I do collect paperbacks and managed to find a 1st printing of the white cover some time back, but I've never found the black cover. And your copy is signed too. How exciting. Happy Birthday to your son and congratulations! Great pictures too of you guys.
    Thank you all for the kind words. It was a good day, and tomorrow shall be even better with our visit to the Thai equivalent of Disneyland (albeit a wee bit smaller). There is a white version too Paul? Oh no. I will have to get the DeLorean out on Monday and get it up to 88 mph. With Bangkok traffic, you will know that it is not possible. I wonder if Waterstone's did a purple cover as well in the UK. Okay Paul, I will accept your offer of helping me find a white cover now. Thank you in advance.

Gerald

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mazal tov to your son Gerald and great book to start his collection for sure
    Tim - awesome art bud - congrats

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Thank you all for the kind words. It was a good day, and tomorrow shall be even better with our visit to the Thai equivalent of Disneyland (albeit a wee bit smaller). There is a white version too Paul? Oh no. I will have to get the DeLorean out on Monday and get it up to 88 mph. With Bangkok traffic, you will know that it is not possible. I wonder if Waterstone's did a purple cover as well in the UK. Okay Paul, I will accept your offer of helping me find a white cover now. Thank you in advance.

Gerald
    Ha ha, good one Gerald.. I think we can safely rule out a Waterstones variant on this one...Here's my white copy, and if I ever come across another one, it's yours. BTW, Bruce has the boxed set which I think is cool. Both the black and white were issued as a set in a cardboard slipcase.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Forgot to mention, Mark that was a great gift you have Gerald. It's such a tough one to find.

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha ha, good one Gerald.. I think we can safely rule out a Waterstones variant on this one...Here's my white copy, and if I ever come across another one, it's yours. BTW, Bruce has the boxed set which I think is cool. Both the black and white were issued as a set in a cardboard slipcase.
    Thank you Paul. That looks to be a great copy too. I appreciate the information on the different covers. Did the #1 on the cover indicate which box set it came from? I have seen other numbers on different box sets, but never paid much attention to them?

Gerald

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Paul. That looks to be a great copy too. I appreciate the information on the different covers. Did the #1 on the cover indicate which box set it came from? I have seen other numbers on different box sets, but never paid much attention to them?

Gerald
    It's my understanding that these were originally released as a boxed set, but I'm not aware of other numbers at the top and what they might represent. I've never seen one with a number other than "#1", so that's interesting. I always thought it meant "#1 bestseller" or something like that.

I think I remember hearing of a copy out there with "From the author of The Dead Zone and Cujo" at the top, which also has the full numberline. I thought that was interesting because 1st printings of both the black and white covers have only "From the author of The Dead Zone".

Maybe someone else can chime in if they have more insight.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald, I also have a first/first of the Firestarter paperback (according to the number line) that has "From the Author of The Dead Zone and Cujo" on the front cover, instead of just the "From the Author of The Dead Zone" as I've seen all the other first/firsts. It's a white cover. (I also have both colors of the "regular" first/firsts.) None of mine, however, are in as good condition as yours, nor are any signed.

Here's a picture (not the best, but...):

There seems to be a very slight difference in the color of the eyes, also.

John

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Newest items :
    Pet Semetary 1/1 (1st State Jacket)
    Endymion 1/1 signed by Simmons
    Rise of Endymion 1/1

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! That Pet Sematary looks in GREAT condition.

John

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats josh

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Gerald, I also have a first/first of the Firestarter paperback (according to the number line) that has "From the Author of The Dead Zone and Cujo" on the front cover, instead of just the "From the Author of The Dead Zone" as I've seen all the other first/firsts. It's a white cover. (I also have both colors of the "regular" first/firsts.) None of mine, however, are in as good condition as yours, nor are any signed.

John
    Thank you John. It is good to know that I am now missing 2 versions of the white cover. If people have been looking years for them, I don't think I will find them all too soon.

Gerald

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice pictures Gerald, and jsmcmullen92 !

As for me, here is my latest acquisition : a second french edition of FRANKENSTEIN. Aaint in the best condition, but i've never seen one for sale before. And, as vthe only known copy of the true first french edition is at the national library, well, I wont be able to get an earlier copy !

Now, another classic that I want to get, one day, is a first french edition of DRACULA. Never seen one for sale either !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

That looks like a nice book, Jeremy. What is the publication date?

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Nice pictures Gerald, and jsmcmullen92 !

As for me, here is my latest acquisition : a second french edition of FRANKENSTEIN. Aaint in the best condition, but i've never seen one for sale before. And, as vthe only known copy of the true first french edition is at the national library, well, I wont be able to get an earlier copy !

Now, another classic that I want to get, one day, is a first french edition of DRACULA. Never seen one for sale either !
    Wow, that is cool! Congrats!

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Thank you John. It is good to know that I am now missing 2 versions of the white cover. If people have been looking years for them, I don't think I will find them all too soon.

Gerald
    Here you go, Gerald:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIRESTARTER-...-/111809646383

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    thats not a first printing it's a second.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Not a 1st printing (otherwise I would jump on it). I periodically check eBay, ABE et cetera but never found anything but 2nd and later printings.

Country
    Country Flag

Ah yes, I forgot it was all about a first printing.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    That looks like a nice book, Jeremy. What is the publication date?

I have also bought some new bookshelves yesterday, and this book is now right in the middle of a shelf.
    On other shelves there are some gothy decorations (eg : skulls, boxes, glasses), and an idea crossed my mind. Probably won't be able to do i, but... who knows?
    I would LOVE to have a shelf where I have first french editions of major books / stories in horror / fantastic :
    - 1st french edition of DRACULA
    - 2nd ed of FRANKENSTEIN (which I now have)
    - 1st french edition of a book by Poe & Lovecraft.

Need to do some research and those, but I like that idea. Maybe a new goal for me?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 976 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 476 876 926 966 974 975 976 977 978 986 1026 1076 ... LastLast