Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 944 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 444 844 894 934 942 943 944 945 946 954 994 1044 ... LastLast
Results 23,576 to 23,600 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow... Leaves me speak less

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's absolutely one for the "One of a kind" thread!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Simply amazing.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

That publisher's copy (or prototype copy) is really special. Thanks for the photos, Gerald!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely Stunning Gerald. It is thanks to collectors like yourself and Bob that allow us mere mortals to see glimpses of these amazingly rare books. That copy with flames is fantastic!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing stuff as ever, Gerald. Thanks again for sharing with us.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Jon already mentioned this earlier, but I'd like to thank him again for letting me into his home and showing me his great collection of books, many of which I was seeing for the first time 'in the flesh' so to speak... Although the SK books took most of my time and attention, Jon has a vast collection of books from other collectible authors as well. My side of the trade was these two matching SOD S/L to add to my seemingly rapidly increasing number of S/L's this year!

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff, Simon.

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Congrats all, lovely book Kris, I was discussing with Jon today, that if I only ever had one lettered, that would be it!

Foster, good looking Rage. I Have a very nice Roadwork available, AND it's a first print! - well a first Canadian print, but you're Canadian right? Number line starts with 2.
    Foster is Canadian who likes his books from the good ol' US of A.....but thanks for thinking of me. I got Running Man (1st/1st) at a bookstore in Bridgton Maine last month for $50...SWEET.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    After enjoying the discussion I had with Peter Schneider concerning his involvement with the limited editions of The Regulators and The Stand, I got to thinking about one of my favorites, Firestarter.

I personally believe that with the attention to detail found in the Lettered Regulators, it is one of the most beautiful signed limited editions out there. However, there is something about opening Firestarter and hearing the spine crack each time, combined with the smell of the paper and boards that is quite intoxicating.

By today’s standards, it is minimalist in design, and I think that is why it is one of the few King limited’s that is sought after by non-King collectors around the world. Two of my copies were located in Japan and not in locales you would expect. One copy was purchased from a monk in Kyoto, before he started his training. He was not a King collector, but he purchased rare Western books that had designs not commonly found in Japanese society. He was an artist and from what I can gather, that was his only Stephen King book. He bought it at auction in New York when he lived there in the 1980s and kept it ever since at his home.

The other copy was purchased in Osaka from the estate of a man that had ties to Japanese organized crime. The book was in his office, displayed between two samurai swords, in a glass cabinet. Photos from circa 1990s show it there, and was sold by his family upon his premature demise. Rumors, and that is all they ever will be, say that when he brought people to his office, he would tell them that if they ‘messed up’, they could choose punishment by fire or the sword. I will never know which ones were dealt out, and I will never try to find out.

My other copy belonged to the late Charlie Fried, and while I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, our email correspondences, and stories from others, show him to be a true gentleman. I am proud to have a few small pieces from his vast collection in my library, and they are well looked after.

My final copy is something rather unusual. It was purchased in London, probably 15 years ago from a publisher, who also happened to be a big Stephen King fan. I am not sure if you would call it a prototype, or a publishers copy, but the leather label on the cover is not the standard red rectangle, but an orange die cut in the shape of flames. I rather like this design because it’s brighter and gives you an indication of what is inside. For unknown reasons, this design was not chosen in place of the red label. Correspondences between Alex and Stephen discuss the Lettered edition in great detail. Alex had designed a rather unique tray-case for this edition, but it would have pushed the issue price to $325, so it was decided that the 26 copies would be issued sans tray-case.

I hope you enjoy.
    Gerald

Simply awesome, Gerald. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing!

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great prides and joys all around!

The lettered Firestarters are stunning. I really appreciate the insights and back stories. Thanks, Gerald. I'm not a collector of limited editions yet, but this has been one of my favorites from the first time I saw a photo of it. I prefer the looks of limited editions that were issued without DJs anyway.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald once again you dazzle us. I'm really amazed at these previously unknown one-of-a-kind items you keep posting. This one is just terrific to see. Thanks for posting!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Simon on the trade you did. Looks sharp!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald
    another first to come to light. Amazing Firestarter Publisher's Copy.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Remarkable!

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all for your kind words. I hope I am not posting too much now. I can stop if it's better. Don't want to overstay my welcome. I only post because people ask me to continue. I was very inactive for several years, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

I'll slow down.
    Gerald

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Everyone is making me envious. Congrats to all!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Thank you all for your kind words. I hope I am not posting too much now. I can stop if it's better. Don't want to overstay my welcome. I only post because people ask me to continue. I was very inactive for several years, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

I'll slow down.
    Gerald
    You couldn't overstay your welcome here Gerald! Keep it up. Don't slow down!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Keep going Gerald!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

No, in fact: you better start a collection thread right now! An added walkthrough video is optional but would certainly give you some bonus reputation points.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    No, in fact: you better start a collection thread right now! An added walkthrough video is optional but would certainly give you some bonus reputation points.
    Agreed. You should have a collection thread.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Agreed. You should have a collection thread.
    +1 from me Gerald I know a lot of your collection is not too hand, but whatever images you have would be great. Don't Hibernate!

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gerald for President

Your post blew me away. WOW Thank you for sharing.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald, I truly don't think ANYONE thinks you're posting too much. We love to see the exotic (if that's the right word) works you've been showing us. Please continue.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a thrill it is to see these! Thank you so much for sharing! Wow!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 944 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 444 844 894 934 942 943 944 945 946 954 994 1044 ... LastLast