Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 509 1009 ... LastLast

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, this Artists Proof (1 of 3) as done by Phil Hale

Note: Grant Books did not do an ARC or Proof of this book. This edition appears to be the same as a regular trade edition in every respect except that Phil labelled it Artists Proof, numbered it and signed it.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

All very cool. I drool over the Whelan remarques.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are a couple more favorites of mine:

An Author's copy of S/L The Drawing of the Three

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

A "Lettered" Talisman

A lettered state of an interminate number of copies designated the "artist's presentation state" signed by the authors and the book's 10 illustrators. These were for presentation and not for sale. The limitation page reads: "This presentation copy #___ of 70 copies of this special illustrated first edition of the Talisman is signed by the participants in the edition and is not for sale."

Gunslinger Apprentice kithereal is on a distinguished road kithereal's Avatar

WOW...how did you folks obtain signed copies....??????????
    the only book I have that is signed by the author is sadly Martha Stewarts "Entertaining"
    KIT

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Signed Limited books come from the publisher with signatures. They can be obtained many ways. Some books are bought from the publisher direct, some are bought on the open market.

Wiz,
    Other than the extra 10 artists signing the Talisman, is the book itself different than the 1/1000 S/L?
    If the book is the same, can I use that image in my posting about the S/L Talisman?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Before I met you guys, I had no idea they did stuff with books like this.

I know that sounds naive and stupid, but this is seriously cool. Those little boyds bear treasure boxes we collect are cute but...c'mon.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, love the remarques, Wiz.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm just getting started and today I bought my first first edition hardcover of any note - not signed or anything, but I'm very happy with it

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool. I'm still waiting for most of mine, I've only received the traycased version so far.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow - are you going to get ALL of them?!! Having said that, I wasn't sure which cover to go for - when I get paid I am tempted to get the other two. My local bookstore only had one copy of each and aren't getting anymore.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The Signed Limited books come from the publisher with signatures. They can be obtained many ways. Some books are bought from the publisher direct, some are bought on the open market.

Wiz,
    Other than the extra 10 artists signing the Talisman, is the book itself different than the 1/1000 S/L?
    If the book is the same, can I use that image in my posting about the S/L Talisman?

RF-

The books are identical in every other way as far as I can see as I have both a Lettered and a regular numbered edition. And for part two of your comment...it's already posted in the other thread. I just happened to stop there before here. Great minds (???) think alike.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I will end up with almost all variations. I did not order all three trayacsed versions ($750) each-ouch, but I will end up with:
    3 Trades
    3 Artists
    3 Slicased S/L
    1 Traycased S/L

Us collectors are a silly lot.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So is the one I've got trade? Mine cost £25 I don't know if thats good, bad or reasonable!

I try to justify my spending on books and comics by comparing it to how much Rob and I might spend down the pub...in theory I'd splash out on a book and stay in that weekend.

In theory...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Some of the Colorado Kid editions are still available from the publisher:

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/cat/tck.asp

John

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for that link john!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    So is the one I've got trade? Mine cost £25 I don't know if thats good, bad or reasonable!

I try to justify my spending on books and comics by comparing it to how much Rob and I might spend down the pub...in theory I'd splash out on a book and stay in that weekend.

In theory...
    25 pounds, $50 US is the published rate so that is a fine price. I doubt you'll see the book at a UK Costco for 40% off retail.
    I always try to spend just a bit more on books than beer, but I'm not always successful.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I will end up with almost all variations. I did not order all three trayacsed versions ($750) each-ouch, but I will end up with:
    3 Trades
    3 Artists
    3 Slicased S/L
    1 Traycased S/L

Us collectors are a silly lot.
    Hey don't lump all the collectors in with your habits, I only bought three editions, lol

And great buy Darkthoughts. We all started somewhere.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the Lettered Talisman Wiz, a great pick up!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post

In theory...
    25 pounds, $50 US is the published rate so that is a fine price. I doubt you'll see the book at a UK Costco for 40% off retail.
    I always try to spend just a bit more on books than beer, but I'm not always successful.
    RF-

I can understand if you are drinking local craft brewed beers, but if you're drinking that panther piss Budweiser or Miller, then I gonna start worrying about you my friend

My guess is that you haven't touched a mainstream beer in about 20 years!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

About the only time is on a plane, or in Costa Rica. It actually serves to remind me how good/bad beer can be.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I know for sure he hasn't had a Rolling Rock
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Had a pint of Racer X today. 9.2% ABV. Sweet.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a friend who loves Blatz and Past Blue Ribbon. I think he does it as an attention thing, because there is no way someone could like that crap.

Anyway a new acquisition is two Artist copies of The Colorado Kid, Chadbourne and Potter. I have to say I was pleased with the Traycased Edition, but $100 each for an Artist Edition was too much. I think I got shafted here. A King signed book or a Trade Edition were both better deals, imo. Now I'm thinking should I just deal with it and walk away or buy a Miller Artist Edition and Slipcase? *shakes head* lol

Anyway, I usually don't like Chadbourne, but I have to say he did a great job with his book. I like it!

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

a few new items in the past few days.

first three proofs. Two I haven't owned, and got half-price off on a bookstore closing. And good thing I passed on both of these in the past couple of years. I got the best price with the sale. Also I bought one of Cemetery Dance's Grab Bags and got the proof of The Non-Fiction (which I really like after looking through it)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 509 1009 ... LastLast