Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 589 1089 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 32420

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've had these for a week but I haven't posted pictures until now:

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

herbertwest and Ricky, very nice, Congrats!!!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I know none of you guys like anthologies but I thought this was pretty cool. THE DARK DESCENT was a massive anthology published in 1987. Virtually every horror writer of note whether living or dead had an entry. King, himself, had three stories in this book.

Here is a copy signed by several notable writers. I think I can make out all of the signatures but if I have one wrong I hope someone will correct me.

Ramsey Campbell, Clive Barker, Dennis Etchison, Charles L. Grant, Richard Matheson, Stephen King, Ray Bradbury and Harlan Ellison.

I've not seen another copy of this book with as many notable signatures.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Ramsey Campbell, Dennis Etchison, Charles L. Grant, Richard Matheson, Stephen King, Ray Bradbury.
    I can confirm these with sigs I have, and all look legit and are who you think they are. Obviously all are very clearly stated, but Campbell would be the only question, and it's Ramsey.

very nice Bob, I love the number of sigs!
    Geoff

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, really nice book and beautiful signatures, Congrats!

I like anthologies too (the signed anthologies more )

Note: I can confirm only Ray Bradbury and of course King.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I know none of you guys like anthologies but I thought this was pretty cool. THE DARK DESCENT was a massive anthology published in 1987. Virtually every horror writer of note whether living or dead had an entry. King, himself, had three stories in this book.

Here is a copy signed by several notable writers. I think I can make out all of the signatures but if I have one wrong I hope someone will correct me.

Ramsey Campbell, Clive Barker, Dennis Etchison, Charles L. Grant, Richard Matheson, Stephen King, Ray Bradbury and Harlan Ellison.

I've not seen another copy of this book with as many notable signatures.

I LOVE ANTHOLOGIES. Very nice book my friend. Having Charles L. Grant signature is just as powerful as Kings sig in that book. oop's almost created an electrical short in my laptop by drooling on it.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I like anthologies too. A nice acquisition, Bob.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

I LOVE ANTHOLOGIES. Very nice book my friend. Having Charles L. Grant signature is just as powerful as Kings sig in that book. oop's almost created an electrical short in my laptop by drooling on it.

Mulleins
    Thanks Geoff, Artan, John and Mulleins!

Mulleins, why do you feel so strongly about Charles L. Grant? Is he a favorite of yours? I realize he is fairly recently deceased but was his signature a hard one to obtain before his death?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My copy is only signed by the editor David Hartwell.

I was going to buy the one one sale at Betts, but never got round to it. There are several signatures, but it does not list them all.

Dark Descent Tor 1987 US - 1st HB Contains several stories. Signed by King, Barker, Bradbury, Grant, Etchison and others. Signed Fine

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love anthologies and that is a great one Bob. I actually collect anthologies (with or without King) simply because I love short stories. Of course signed the book is even nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    My copy is only signed by the editor David Hartwell.

I was going to buy the one one sale at Betts, but never got round to it. There are several signatures, but it does not list them all.

Dark Descent Tor 1987 US - 1st HB Contains several stories. Signed by King, Barker, Bradbury, Grant, Etchison and others. Signed Fine
    That's the one I bought. It is from Chris Cavalier's collection.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's the one I bought. It is from Chris Cavalier's collection.
    Nice. Whoever collected the signatures made a good job of it. They got the best ones.

Typical Stu, he still has it up for sale. He takes ages to update things from Chris's collection.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    Thanks Geoff, Artan, John and Mulleins!

Mulleins, why do you feel so strongly about Charles L. Grant? Is he a favorite of yours? I realize he is fairly recently deceased but was his signature a hard one to obtain before his death?
    A personal favorite

I've enjoyed his work for sometime.

I can remember going to bed and turning off the light so Mom would think I'm asleep. Pull out a flashlight and a copy of Shadows...pull the covers over my head for an evening of pure enjoyment.

My Dad came in one night and caught me. His only advice, "be careful son, you could go blind doing that" not sure if he really new what I was doing

Memories of growing up. I love it. Thanks Charles L. Grant

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Country
    Country Flag

I can remember going to bed and turning off the light so Mom would think I'm asleep. Pull out a flashlight and a copy of Shadows...pull the covers over my head for an evening of pure enjoyment. I was 34 at the time

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

lol
    Geoff

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I can remember going to bed and turning off the light so Mom would think I'm asleep. Pull out a flashlight and a copy of Shadows...pull the covers over my head for an evening of pure enjoyment. I was 34 at the time

NO.....I was 11 at the time. Nice try Rabbit Trick.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Country
    Country Flag

Got these today. Set of 10 B&W Frankenstein Postcards by Bernie Wrightson.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Mr. Rabbit! I haven't seen many of those.

John

Got these today. Set of 10 B&W Frankenstein Postcards by Bernie Wrightson.
    Those look nice. I have not seen them before. Wrightson's work on the Frankenstein illustrations is the best of his career, IMO.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

from what i know there are also some sets of 45 trading cards available somewhere...

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of Wrightson's work on Frankenstein, has there been any progress on the new edition?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i've seen that they published again the book, but i bet that there is nothing new about the 25 years old ed... (which will turn in 30yo)

Country
    Country Flag

Got these 2.

I remember why I didn't collect Proofs. I hate paperbacks.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice grabs Alan.

I actually didn't even know about the Lawrence Block one until a few months ago. I believe that's a Dark Harvest Book? If so I need to pick that one up.
    Geoff

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it was a publication of Dark Harvest. According to Beahm's Collectibles, there were 400 signed numbered copies issued in slipcase. A trade edition was also published. King's introduction is entitled "No cats: an appreciation of Lawrence Block and Matthew Scudder".

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 589 1089 ... LastLast