Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 563 1063 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool chapbook, Tippy.

Bob, I love that graphic/comic art.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Cool chapbook, Tippy.

Bob, I love that graphic/comic art.
    Ditto, on both statements!
    Geoff

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob-
    Once again, really amazing stuff. It's like a favorite movie...I can look at your stuff over and over and over again and never get tired of it.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Bob-
    Once again, really amazing stuff. It's like a favorite movie...I can look at your stuff over and over and over again and never get tired of it.

Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone! I love looking at pictures of everyones new stuff too.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I went into my "secondary" comic book store (in the city where I work) for the first time since the first story arc was being issued. I stumbled upon this Marvel Previews Magazine for 99 cents - different from that free promo mag that we discussed a week or so ago.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Cool Patrick! I wish my comic book dealer would get stuff like that. Sometimes I think I am putting my life my own hands when I go up there to get the DT comics...it's a very shady place and the guy is not nice at all. I guess I'm lucky to even get some of the DT comics from him.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are pretty cool Patrick. I hadn't seen those before.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Patrick-
    Want to sell me a copy?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started dog walking for this guy and when I got to his house today theres a note on the table saying, "You're a King fan if I recall, I'm having a clear out so help yourself if you want any/all of these - I'll be checking the attic over the weekend so there may be more to follow!"

And heres what I accquired:

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are great and that was pretty damn cool of him Lisa.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great!!

John

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Awesome! Freebies are always nice!

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

speaking of freebies,patrick i got you goodie-bag today.there was some great stuff in there.thx a million,youre a legend!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff, as long as your not stuck with the cigarette butts.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey evry one just bou8ght this last night

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=017

and then I get this email today

Dear bikerchooch,

Hello,

First of all: congratulations! I hope you will enjoy the book. I presume you don't need one more copy? I still have one available.

I was at the PO today and it seems I underestimated the shipping of THE ROAD TO THE DARK TOWER SLIPCASE edition to US.

If you want me to send the package registered (a good advice), I will need $10 more. It is a very large book, not the usual CD standards.

Thanks and best wishes,
    Max

So now I'm totally freakin'. I thought "Hey good deal..two signatures and as a kicker 6 of the 7 bookmarks. What do you think I should do about this??
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The deal was $15 for expedited shipping. He should honor that. If he refuses, tell him to ship it and you will pay him anything over the $15 after you get it and see just how much it really cost him.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    Hey evry one just bou8ght this last night

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=017

and then I get this email today

Dear bikerchooch,

Hello,

First of all: congratulations! I hope you will enjoy the book. I presume you don't need one more copy? I still have one available.

I was at the PO today and it seems I underestimated the shipping of THE ROAD TO THE DARK TOWER SLIPCASE edition to US.

If you want me to send the package registered (a good advice), I will need $10 more. It is a very large book, not the usual CD standards.

Thanks and best wishes,
    Max

So now I'm totally freakin'. I thought "Hey good deal..two signatures and as a kicker 6 of the 7 bookmarks. What do you think I should do about this??
    I don't think $25 for shipping is too much to pay for an overseas shipment, especially if it is expedited shipping.

Are you asking because you now don't trust the seller? Their feedback is good but mostly it is from only a handful of sellers. I didn't find any feedback on this person as a seller.

If you are uneasy you can buy the book for the same price on ABE from Mythos Books. It doesn't have the bookmarks but those can't be worth that much.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He needs to honor his original cost. As a seller, if I don't do my research, I eat the cost.

All that said, I won a large set of comics and paid $5 shipping (as stated in the listing). When I got the package a few days later I saw that he paid $7 (if you ask at the P.O., comics can technically, not go "media").

I sent him 2 bucks.

Country
    Country Flag

I like the idea of sending him the extra "After" I get the book...I dont have any problem with that. I looked at his feedback and I also seen that all of his feedback is from being a buyer...hence the 28 (lot of same seller deals) but you would think he would know better...or at least do his homework. I agree that he should honor his price and live the his decision, but I dont want to make him pissy about it. I just want the book.....

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

$10 is less than 10% of your total cost, so you can't go wrong either way. If you pay it, no big deal. I hope the book is well packed when it arrives.

Congrats, if you get it. It's a SWEET book!!!! I don't have the bookmarks!!!

BEV!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Its only 6 of the 7 (actually 8) anyone know where I can get the other two (Bev?) LOL

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I say that the seller should (has to by auction policy) honor the "reasonably quoted" shipping price.
    Sorry if they are off by $10-$20. Their mistake. No different than them stating "I had too low of a reserve-please add $10 to the price to consumate the sale".
    I have had to eat overseas shipping costs because I myself wasn't truly cogizant of the significant price difference.
    Their is a "buyer beware", saying and there should be a "shipper beware" saying.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I sell on Abebooks and the price they quote for international shipments is ridiculous, so I end up asking people to pay more...I hate it, but Abe doesn't let me control the quoted shipping.

From Romania, IF he ships it a fairly quick method will cost him MUCH more than $25 (priority insured mail to the UK is at least $50)...so, it's fair to pay some extra...he, however, is a goofball for thinking it was only going to be $15.

I wouldn't sweat it. Given the overseas shipment it's fair. But...make sure he's sending it by air, not the 4-6 week long shipment method!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Patrick-
    Want to sell me a copy?
    Absolutely not. But I'll give one to you and one to Bill if I can find a couple more somewhere. Let me see what I can find out in the next couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by shnnrc01 View Post
    speaking of freebies,patrick i got you goodie-bag today.there was some great stuff in there.thx a million,youre a legend!!
    You received it already - way over there in Ireland?! Wow, I must have really expidited that overseas shipping. Happy to have contributed in a very small way to your collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Great stuff, as long as your not stuck with the cigarette butts.
    Oh, I thought you were talking to shnnrc about me, but you know I don't smoke cigarettes. Now I realize you were referring to the ashtray in Darkthought's post on the previous page.

Nice collection of free books, Darkthoughts. Congrats!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I sell on Abebooks and the price they quote for international shipments is ridiculous, so I end up asking people to pay more...I hate it, but Abe doesn't let me control the quoted shipping.
    I buy from Abebooks quite regularly and expect to pay extra shipping. I know the sellers cannot possibly ship for the prices quoted at Abebooks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 563 1063 ... LastLast