Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 561 1061 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    WOW! nice book bob! is there anything you don't collect bob?
    Yes, STD's.
    That would be a good thing

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW! nice book bob! is there anything you don't collect bob?

BEWARE!...PLOM (poor little ol me) rant to follow:
    ah well... i'm having to go an a self imposed collecting fast myself for a while... again.... did so last year and got totally debt free...i'm still 100% debt free, but....
    just got notified yesterday that the owner of the house i rent (for the past 6 years) plans to evict me, so they can tear down the house and build condos on the property. they wanted me out by the end of apil....but i said no way... so i have til the end of may.

aaaaarg! i hate this because i was only paying 595.00 a month in rent, and wasn't planning on moving until i could buy a house outright.... now i have to find a house to buy in less than 60 days.... and will have to finance part of it.
    so i'm saving as much as i can to try to lower the payments. (not to mention the moving costs)
    waaaah. no books for a while. it's going to be a hectic pain in the yaya to find, buy a house and move (all these books, oh my) to a new place in 60 days.
    not to mention i have to devise a plan to move...2 trucks, 1 car, a harley + sidecar, 1 boat aa 5x8 trailor loaded with sound equipment, and a 18x 8 x 6ft dog kennel - all by myself.
    my next new pride and joy shown here will be a house - if i live through it.

ok...i'm through stomping my foot.
    Terry, At least you don't have to worry about selling a house. I don't know what the market is down in your part of Texas, but up here in Ohio it's TERRIBLE!! Lots of sellers are having to drop the prices of their houses more than 20% of what they would have sold for a year ago. Or in some areas even more! And then the possible buyers can't get financing.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That Dracula looks beautiful. Very nice.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    As long as I have the scanner out...

I picked up a couple of these free promotional magazines today at my local comic store. Has anyone else seen these?

Patrick-
    Yes, I did get one of these, but had to pay $10 for it on eBay. My comic store said they gave them all away about three weeks ago and would not get any more in, so I went to ebay and only found one person offering it.
    Aw, Wiz, sorry to hear you had to pay ten bucks, I would have gotten you one. Interestingly a couple weeks ago, my comic store didn't have them so I had no idea these existed until yesterday. Maybe I'll stop by today and pick up a couple more, there weren't many sitting out but he may have more in back. The nice thing is that he does seem to get a decent quantity of all the comic promo stuff.
    Anyone know where I could get one of these???
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Try a PM to Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Try a PM to Patrick
    It's a more successful strategy than some might realize.

I pick up a few spares of the promo freebies when I can and I usually just give them away to other enthusiasts around here, but please try your local comic book store first. That way I can send my spares to those who really can't access them elsewhere (without going to eBay).

By the way, that particular promo item has a short article and a 2-page artwork reprint from the comic, then goes on to discuss other non-King Marvel projects.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Dracula edition Bob! I've been wanting to order the less limited version of it since they first announced it.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Terry, At least you don't have to worry about selling a house. I don't know what the market is down in your part of Texas, but up here in Ohio it's TERRIBLE!! Lots of sellers are having to drop the prices of their houses more than 20% of what they would have sold for a year ago. Or in some areas even more! And then the possible buyers can't get financing.

John
    actually the home sell market in austin isn't to bad, though it has dropped a tad from last year.
    the average time to sell a home is 28 days inside most desirable areas of austin (last year ir was 15 days)
    it's about 50 days for the worst parts of austin
    he current average home price is $328,655.00 and always going up.
    it's definitely still a sellor's market in austin (as long as you buy again somewhere else -ie. not austin- after selling)

that's what happens when your the hottest tech/college/arts city in the state.
    35.9 % austin residents are from California,
    20% from new york/boston,
    10% are from china or india (and every single one is an engineer)
    the rest are illegals from mexico....
    and then ...

there's me.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    actually the home sell market in austin isn't to bad, though it has dropped a tad from last year.
    the average time to sell a home is 28 days inside most desirable areas of austin (last year ir was 15 days)
    it's about 50 days for the worst parts of austin
    the current average home price is $328,655.00 and always going up.
    it's definitely still a sellor's market in austin (as long as you buy again somewhere else -ie. not austin- after selling)

that's what happens when your the hottest tech/college/arts city in the state.
    35.9 % austin residents are from California,
    20% from new york/boston,
    10% are from china or india (and every single one is an engineer)
    the rest are illegals from mexico....
    and then ...

there's me.
    Houses are still cheap in Austin! (said the resident of California)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Patrick-
    Yes for now. The way things are going in Calif, Austin may soon look pricey!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob-

That is just a drop dead gorgeous book. Congrats on the purchase.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Patrick-
    Yes for now. The way things are going in Calif, Austin may soon look pricey!
    Yes, for areas in the Central Valley, etc. especially. Here on the coast, while the market is still down, it isn't anywhere near as bad.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my copy of A Life in the Cinema today from Gauntlet Press. I got #5!!

I just got the following from Barry regarding the above book:

We are now sold out of the edition you received. Just the lettered left.

Barry
    John

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Barry
    John
    I don't know if you'll read this book John, but I asked before about Mick Garris on a forum, thinking the guy couldn't write since he does average movie adaptations of King stories, but everyone thought the guy was a pretty darn good writer. He's also got a book out by CD, both books were praised.

btw, congrats!
    Geoff

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably glance through it and if it catches my fancy, I'll read it (carefully, of course!).

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

John, I received copy #24.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob, that edition looks awesome. Could you post a pic of another illustration?

Congratulations Jerome for that adquisition
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, John and Jerome.

It's about time they sold out at the publisher!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

you mean austin isn't a suburb of california?

someone needs to tell all the CA folks here...

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Barry
    John
    I read that you got #5 so I decided to see what # I have - very funny! I have #6!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Consecutive numbers! I wonder who has numbers 4 and 7?

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have #40, bought some time ago direct from Gauntlet. I'm surprised it took this long to sell out, I alway thought $125 was a great price for an authentic signed book... especially during the peak in prices a little while ago.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Well a couple of more Dark Tower proofs. So that now makes two proofs for Drawing and two proofs for The Wasteland in my collection. Hopefully I can now close the door on these two as far as collecting goes. Although the Wastelands has a little water damage, we'll see if I bother with another. Probably not.

Somehow I have a feeling John's going to tell there's more than two proofs for each book. lol

Geoff

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you've got them all--except I've heard that there's a box of Drawing of the Three Grant proofs somewhere at Grant. Never released.

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Talking about proofs...see what I've just received:

Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 561 1061 ... LastLast