Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 1005 ... LastLast

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post
    As stated above, there was no initial guarantee that the regular hardcover was going to be signed by King, just the slipcased edition. Anyone who got the regular hardcover for $50.00 should just look at it as having gotten a great deal. Having ordered the more expensive one, I won't begrudge anyone who got a deal on the $50.00 edition. It was a fluke.

I don't particularly believe that the $50.00 one will badly hurt the value of the more expensive, slipcased version, but just like with the Colorado Kid controversy, if it upsets anyone that much and you feel like you got rooked on the slipcased edition, just cancel your order.

I'm sure someone else out there will be more than willing to snatch it up
    I actually might not have a choice. I just received the signed hardcover version today, not the slipcased one that I paid an extra $90.00 for.

I've sent an email, and I'll see what happens. But since it's sold out, my guess is he sold my Slipcased Edition to someone else.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Then one would deduce that he owes you $90.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

well he's actually sending me the slipcased version, so I guess all turned out well.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I received the first edition of Written with my left hand, by Nugent Barker. I've been looking for this book for a long time.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyns_rainbow View Post
    When I get the pics up though, it will give everyone something to laugh at
    No collection is laughable - as long as it makes you happy, its what matters.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Amen!!

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Big and small, we want them all.

I am bumping this thread as a house for links to hosted collections. The goal is to set up the page with some pics (I can use your av if you want but I love a face pic) and list collections and a link to the album.

All you have to do is create a free album on photobucket.com for just your collection pictures. Host them with descriptions and then post the link here. Example..

Link to Randall Flaggs hosted collection (pic is a little big of course, it's just one I had on my computer)

Then another one and so on. Hopefully the mods can edit my first post in this thread with any hosted collections they run across in the forum.

Thanks everyone, I love seeing these and I think they are great for the page itself. Many people browse the site without signing up for or reading the forums too much.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

well a new proof. It's the UK proof of Black House. This is one of the cooler proofs, imo. It's only the first 213 pages, and it has all the spelling mistakes, marked in the book. Also the crow is actually a cut out front over with the black crow actually printed on page 2.

I now have both proofs for the Black House, along with the Gift Set, S/N Edition, First Trade, both UK First Trades, and the first paperback. So I now have my Black House collection complete.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just bumping this to make sure people saw it. Advantages to having your collection hosted in photobucket...

You can set your own picture descriptions.

Have all your photos in one place

Have a featured link to them on our Collections site page

Save some space on the site.

Turns out my web software does a cute little slide show so I may and slap something like that on the page to save space.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool Sarajean. Have you read "It" yet?

i don't know that i'll be reading this copy. i last read the book about 15 years ago.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If it is a 1st edition 1st printing with the DJ and book both in ~N/F condition, I would keep it as a piece of your collection.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If it is a 1st edition 1st printing with the DJ and book both in ~N/F condition, I would keep it as a piece of your collection.
    My old copy of the IT I read while I was younger, when it came out. Somewhere along the line I lost the dustjacket. So I eventually threw it away a few years back. So I don’t currently own a US First Edition of IT. Although I have looked, but to me, since it’s a large book, it’s hard to find in F/F condition. They all seem to be very loose from a reading. In my experience it’s hard to find a tight copy at a reasonable price. So congrats sarajean!

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    My old copy of the IT I read while I was younger, when it came out. Somewhere along the line I lost the dustjacket. So I eventually threw it away a few years back. So I don’t currently own a US First Edition of IT. Although I have looked, but to me, since it’s a large book, it’s hard to find in F/F condition. They all seem to be very loose from a reading. In my experience it’s hard to find a tight copy at a reasonable price. So congrats sarajean!
    um...$4 (yes, four dollars) at one of my local thrift stores.

and, from what i've been able to tell, it is a first edition, and it doesn't even look like it was ever read. maybe once, but all of the pages are clean, and it's absolutely beautiful.
    Last edited by sarajean; 06-05-2007 at 08:57 AM. Reason: to add formatting

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I now have both proofs for the Black House, along with the Gift Set, S/N Edition, First Trade, both UK First Trades, and the first paperback. So I now have my Black House collection complete.
    Geez, I hate to tell you, Geoff, but I also have a copy of the full manuscript proof of the UK Black House. It's unbound, and I'm missing the very first page, but otherwise it's the complete UK book! (I got it from Betts as part of Chris's collection.) I also have the UK proof dust jackets, both black and white versions.

John

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Default postscripts 10

hey guys,well i got my Postsripts 10 today. i ordered all 3 states.and yes the £25 hardcover is signed by King and all the other contributors.the slipcased edition looks pretty nice too.a good job done by PS.i actually have a 2nd copy of the signed slipcased version coming from a friend.im not too sure about selling it but id be willing to trade for another signed King book if one of ye guys wanted to work something out that way.ill offer it ye first..lmk what you think.if not ill probably ebay it.really looking forward to Colorado Kid now.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish my PS stuff and Coloado Kid things would come.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    um...$4 (yes, four dollars) at one of my local thrift stores.

and, from what i've been able to tell, it is a first edition, and it doesn't even look like it was ever read. maybe once, but all of the pages are clean, and it's absolutely beautiful.
    The thing we have is Half-Priced books, which has all of Kings book used, here in town, and there's two of them. But there's a couple of King's books that I never see in good condition. It or Different Seasons. I would have to say between the two stores I have not seen a good copy of ether in two years. In my opinion that's a hell of a good $4.00 spent.

And yea, I too am looking for $7.99 at the most to pay. I could pay $35.00 and get a good tight copy, but I refuse. I'm in no hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Geez, I hate to tell you, Geoff, but I also have a copy of the full manuscript proof of the UK Black House. It's unbound, and I'm missing the very first page, but otherwise it's the complete UK book! (I got it from Betts as part of Chris's collection.) I also have the UK proof dust jackets, both black and white versions.

John
    Ouch! I thought my wallet was closed on The Black House. damn you John!!! lol

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got a Firestarter Asbestos Letter "M" that I am VERY happy with.
    Definitely one of my "Grail" choices.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Hey Mike! Glad to see you here. MUCHO Congrats on that acquisition...a sweet one to be sure.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Mike!

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!!
    Wiz, actually "Mucho" it's used for male expressions.
    So in this case it should be "MUCHAS" congratulations.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Holy christ!
    That is something to stand on the highest mountain and crow about.
    Congratulations.

If you can say, was it from Mike?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 1005 ... LastLast