Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 543 1043 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the F and G copies from Desperation, Nightmares and Dreamscapes, Danse Macabe and Cycle of the Werewolf.
    Hard to find...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I have the F and G copies from Desperation, Nightmares and Dreamscapes, Danse Macabe and Cycle of the Werewolf.
    Hard to find...
    Rare stuff Pasiuk. Congratulations.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Hard to find...
    Are your pages from CYCLE OF THE WEREWOLF from the Land of Enchantment edition or the Signet edition?

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

well nothing incredible... just a few items i've received in the past month and a half - since i lifted my self imposed book buying ban of the past year.
    i've decided to get back on the wagontrain somewhat slowly...

my second copy of this one

my proof jackets:

of course ya'll will recognize these...

and i got a CD shipment in... these are all signed limiteds except the "Sides"-which is the trade ed.(the signed "Sides" is waiting on slipcase before it ships)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice sir_boomme!

Mr. Rabbit Trick...nice purchases too!

Mike, those are a lot of F&Gs. How/where did you acquire them?

I'm sure I left someone out, but congrats to all. Presents are nice, aren't they?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sir boomme, Is the UK Lisey's Story proof have a slipcase? I thought all the numbered ones (up to 100) came with a cardboard slipcase. In any case, those are some nice acquisitions!

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And while we are on the subject of F&Gs, here is a little story...

You know, it's pretty cool. Whether we are old seasoned collectors, newbies or somewhere in between, one never stops learning something new by sharing with other collectors. That's the beauty of collecting, really. The acquisitions themselves are great but it is the new knowledge that really floats my boat.

So, take these F&Gs for instance. These are something I totally did not understand because I never really learned about the complexities of the publishing process before. Now I understand better what F&Gs really are and how they fit into the publishing process. This is cool why? Because I have owned a couple for many many moons. Never really paid much attention to them other than thinking they were cool, and they were mostly forgotten and an afterthought in my collection. Now, they have taken on a bit more prominance for me.

We all (I think) have heard rumors that there were maybe a handful of Proofs done for the first two Dark Tower books published by Grant Books -- The Gunslinger and Drawing of the Three, but no one (as far as I know) has ever seen a single copy, so they remain mythical to us collectors. We know that ARCs exist for the first 4 Dark Tower books later published by Plume, but the known Grant ARCs for the Dark Tower series started with The Wastelands as far as anyone knows. Which leads me to the tie-in with F&Gs, which as I now understand it, could be considered pseudo-ARCs given their position within the publishing process, or at least they can be considered copies BEFORE the true first editions are published.

So here is an F&G of Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three:

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And here is an F&G of The Wastelands. Interestingly, the DoTT has the color illustrations but the Wastelands does not.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Delightful!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW, Dave! Where in the world did you get those?

I'm REALLY impressed!

John

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

very nice dave... and hutch and bob... gonna have to keep my eyes peeled for sets of those on the outside chance more ever come up for sell anywhere.

so... i read RF's enlightening post about the production process (thanks RF)
    would like ya'lls opinion as to where these copies fit in that production list.
    these are some of the several copies of the revised Stand that i got with my Doubleday file acquisition.

i know these are pretty early production proof copies of some sort... what would you guys call them?
    copy 1

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

first pages of copy 2

BTW... i love the Foul matter option...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

and a third and fourth copy:

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a lot of really cool and very unique items on the last couple pages of this thread.

Some of the blues and various printer states are fairly ironic to me.
    I'm not in book design, but proofs like that are the kind of thing I see so often that I don't even think twice when I throw them in the garbage at work. It's a little surreal to see pieces like that considered collector's items and people paying a lot of money for them. As a collector though, I do understand the interest in them.

If I ever do any book related work, I'll have to make sure I save everything!

Bob's Rose Madder F&G's remind me of the Salem's Lot book blocks from Centipede Press. I haven't taken mine out of the box in a couple of years, but I seem to remember that none of the pages were trimmed out, but the folios were bound together.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Sir boomme, Is the UK Lisey's Story proof have a slipcase? I thought all the numbered ones (up to 100) came with a cardboard slipcase. In any case, those are some nice acquisitions!

John
    There were two different UK versions. Here is the other one...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    well nothing incredible... just a few items i've received in the past month and a half - since i lifted my self imposed book buying ban of the past year.
    i've decided to get back on the wagontrain somewhat slowly...
    Nice stuff Sir_Boomme, and welcome back onto the wagontrain.

Why a second copy of S/L Bag of Bones?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    You know, it's pretty cool. Whether we are old seasoned collectors, newbies or somewhere in between, one never stops learning something new by sharing with other collectors. That's the beauty of collecting, really. The acquisitions themselves are great but it is the new knowledge that really floats my boat.
    Could not have put it better myself.

Never really paid much attention to them other than thinking they were cool, and they were mostly forgotten and an afterthought in my collection. Now, they have taken on a bit more prominance for me.
    You will be making some nice new clamshell cases for them now, eh!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I'm not in book design, but proofs like that are the kind of thing I see so often that I don't even think twice when I throw them in the garbage at work.
    Quickly phones ambulance for DT.com members

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    There were two different UK versions. Here is the other one...

Yes, but the ones with the slipcases I thought were numbered 1-100, and the ones without the slipcases were 101-?. I have #078/100 with the slipcases and #185 without. Sir boomme's got #005/100 but no slipcase, thus my question.

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I had three of these (I only have one now) and none had slipcase.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

We all (I think) have heard rumors that there were maybe a handful of Proofs done for the first two Dark Tower books published by Grant Books -- The Gunslinger and Drawing of the Three, but no one (as far as I know) has ever seen a single copy, so they remain mythical to us collectors. We know that ARCs exist for the first 4 Dark Tower books later published by Plume, but the known Grant ARCs for the Dark Tower series started with The Wastelands as far as anyone knows. Which leads me to the tie-in with F&Gs, which as I now understand it, could be considered pseudo-ARCs given their position within the publishing process, or at least they can be considered copies BEFORE the true first editions are published.
    I've not seen those before, David, and I think they are pretty cool. Robert Weiner told me specifically (I still have my notes from that phone conversation) that he did "about 50" proofs for TDOTT. But I have never seen one nor heard of anyone that has/had one. I agree that you probably have the earliest obtainable state of the book - at least that I have seen. Where did you get it? From Grant?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post

i know these are pretty early production proof copies of some sort... what would you guys call them?
    Those are interesting, Terry. At least one of the sets of pages seems to be a hybrid of photocopies of the original manuscript and photocopies of the typeset pages.

They seem to be for proofreading/copy editing done inhouse before final printing. Very cool.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I'm not in book design, but proofs like that are the kind of thing I see so often that I don't even think twice when I throw them in the garbage at work.
    sir boomme's second career - dumpster diving outside the publishing companies.

the lisey's does not have a slipcase... guess you were just lucky john

got the second copy of S/L BOB because i got it for what i thought was a fairly good price.....
    and... oh yeah, and i forgot i had the first copy
    i hate it when i do that.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I've not seen those before, David, and I think they are pretty cool. Robert Weiner told me specifically (I still have my notes from that phone conversation) that he did "about 50" proofs for TDOTT. But I have never seen one nor heard of anyone that has/had one. I agree that you probably have the earliest obtainable state of the book - at least that I have seen. Where did you get it? From Grant?
    david....
    if bob hasn't seen them before.... you know you've got a gem....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

(just won a UK Duma Key limited key rings, for 10,35 quids from ebay..)

I would have been able to go to a Waterstones i would also have got a cpy f the book with it but...

Impressive your F&Gs guys ! Noone have a Carrie one? ;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 543 1043 ... LastLast