Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 401 402 403 404 405 413 453 503 903 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,075 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Not too sure who Pernell Roberts is, sorry, but if you're talking about the TV Guide all the way to the left, this one:

It has a letter in it from Stephen King:

And the F&SF one just has a review of Different Seasons in it. I don't seek reviews, interviews, or stories ON King's life/movies/books out, but sometimes they are included in some of the bundles I buy.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I think he meant the one to the right of Magum PI
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"What is in the TV Guide just to the left of the TV Guide with Pernell Roberts on the cover? What is in the F&SF just to the right of Pernell Roberts?"

The F&SF is to the right of the guy he named that I don't know who it is. And then the TV Guide in question is to the left of the guy he named that I don't know who it is ... Therefore the TV Guide in question is two spots to the left of F&SF.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    "What is in the TV Guide just to the left of the TV Guide with Pernell Roberts on the cover? What is in the F&SF just to the right of Pernell Roberts?"

The F&SF is to the right of the guy he named that I don't know who it is. And then the TV Guide in question is to the left of the guy he named that I don't know who it is ... Therefore the TV Guide in question is two spots to the left of F&SF.

You got it correct. Even with my poor description. I didn't recognize Tom Selleck on that cover or I would have identified it that way. I wasn't aware of that letter in that issue so now I'll have to try to find one. Thanks.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on all the great stuff, everyone.

I absolutely love that custom traycase for THE WASTELANDS! You all make a great design team!

Welcome to Larry from Bloodletting! Glad to have you here. The photos of THE WOMAN lettered editions are thoroughly creepy - as intended.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the kind words about the traycase everybody; it was a labor of love and the final product shows it! I can't praise Ryan and Dick enough; I had an idea and they turned it into reality. If you've got an idea for something you'd like to have done, this is the team for you ... just fire them a PM and see what they can create! (And their prices are good too!!!)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

You got it correct. Even with my poor description. I didn't recognize Tom Selleck on that cover or I would have identified it that way. I wasn't aware of that letter in that issue so now I'll have to try to find one. Thanks.

Really? it's already listed in the non fiction...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure when you're surrounded by original artwork, handwritten manuscripts, prototypes of lettered editions, Asbestos Firestarters, Plants, first state 'Salem's Lot dustjackets (I'm guessing, I don't really know Bob's entire collection ... I should really check out his Collections thread ...) ... it's understandable that a TV Guide from 1983 might slip through the cracks.

All I gotta say is ... HA, and the gap between us closes EVEN MORE, Super Collector!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Really? it's already listed in the non fiction...
    I think in the back of my mind somewhere I knew there was another TV Guide with a letter from King in it. But I never actually searched for it. When I saw Shannon's picture I saw a TV Guide that I didn't recognize so that's why I asked. I've got a nice copy coming from eBay that I bought yesterday as soon as he told me what was in it. I think there is a Newsweek magazine with a letter from King that I don't have too. There are actually a LOT of non-fiction appearances that I don't have.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I am still unsure about what to do with King's non-fiction, collecting-wise. I loved the essays/forewords/afterwords etc. that I've read and I would want to collect similar pieces but I guess I'm not really interested in the more 'trivial' stuff like the EW columns.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I am still unsure about what to do with King's non-fiction, collecting-wise. I loved the essays/forewords/afterwords etc. that I've read and I would want to collect similar pieces but I guess I'm not really interested in the more 'trivial' stuff like the EW columns.
    How do you determine what is trivial and what is not trivial? Is it content, issue price, number of copies in existence?

I've always maintained that if one of King's THE POP OF KING essays was not published in EW but was published instead in some obscure fanzine that only had 50 copies total, collectors would be all over themselves trying to get a copy. It would be the same general content as an EW column but just with fewer copies available. It would likely become a legendary collectible.

I always thought the EW columns were highly significant nonfiction essays for King fans and collectors and it was cool because they were so cheap and easy to get. But they seem to be largely dismissed by most collectors on this site.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What I meant with trivial in relation to King's non-fiction is purely related to content. I seem to care more for the things King writes about his own work and what makes him 'tick' as a writer than what he writes about pop culture, politics et cetera. Perhaps I should have phrased it differently but that's how I feel about it.

Another reason for being a bit hesitant about collecting King non-fiction is that, even though I'd like to be a completist I can't afford to actually be one and right now, that makes the non-fiction the lowest of my priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    What I meant with trivial in relation to King's non-fiction is purely related to content. I seem to care more for the things King writes about his own work and what makes him 'tick' as a writer than what he writes about pop culture, politics et cetera. Perhaps I should have phrased it differently but that's how I feel about it.

Another reason for being a bit hesitant about collecting King non-fiction is that, even though I'd like to be a completist I can't afford to actually be one and right now, that makes the non-fiction the lowest of my priorities.
    It is the lowest of my priorities as well (behind novels and short fiction). Just a step above interviews and articles about King, but I don't actively seek those out; just pick up the ones that look interesting.

Some of my favorite King writing has to do with just the things you mentioned: writing about his own work, etc.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always thought the EW columns were highly significant nonfiction essays for King fans and collectors and it was cool because they were so cheap and easy to get. But they seem to be largely dismissed by most collectors on this site.
    King's non-fiction has never been one of my priorities -although I LOVE Danse Macabre- but I'd definitely buy the collected EW columns, when/ifever there will be such a release.
    Think there will.

sk

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

On my way to me now is 150+ Entertainment Weekly magazines, all with the Pop of King articles. I thought I had a lot of them, but apparently, my brain was counting 20 or so as a lot ... lol. I want them to have them. I don't plan on displaying them or anything like that, they'll probably sit in a box. But, it's something else to collect, there is a fairly definite "checklist" for them, and they are relatively easy to get your hands on. After I have them all, that is one less thing to collect. That also goes for something like ... the Castle Rock Newsletters ... the Stephen King Library books ... All just collections within a collection. That's how I view it, anyway.

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

On my way to me now is 150+ Entertainment Weekly magazines, all with the Pop of King articles. I thought I had a lot of them, but apparently, my brain was counting 20 or so as a lot ... lol. I want them to have them. I don't plan on displaying them or anything like that, they'll probably sit in a box. But, it's something else to collect, there is a fairly definite "checklist" for them, and they are relatively easy to get your hands on. After I have them all, that is one less thing to collect. That also goes for something like ... the Castle Rock Newsletters ... the Stephen King Library books ... All just collections within a collection. That's how I view it, anyway.
    Congrats, i was "hanging on the fence" on that one.
    Got the same price as from the seller, but i have some already without adresslabels, so i decided to go the loong way and hunt down the rest one by one.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You can get archival plastic bags from comic shops for your EW magazines. Then put them in a box. Honestly though, I'd find a way to display them somehow... custom slipcase, binder with artwork on it etc

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I now have a grand total of TWO signed books in my collection This is my latest.

With a little added bonus
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Bethany!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Bethany! Awesome.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Thanks! It was a little intimidating correcting a *real* writer but once I unleashed the tide of red ink I couldn't stop myself
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My wallet has recently announced it is accepting commiseration on my latest and by far greatest Pride And Joy. Gah, what have I done!?!

My very first and likely only ever, Stephen King Signed Limited edition.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Well done Tim, you'll LOVE it when you get it I'm sure. I am battling with myself re looking to see if they are still available. I'm kinda hoping they have sold out to take the temptation away from me!

I got a gift copy though, and I'm sure that will be cool as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Haha, they are *so* still available, if that makes your decision any easier. You could always cancel the gift edition!

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. That was pretty dickish of me. Sorry, Jim. I'm just a little antsy at what I just did, haha, and want others to take the plunge with me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 303 353 393 401 402 403 404 405 413 453 503 903 ... LastLast