Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 1004 ... LastLast

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

It's not much, but here is mine.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's great.
    It also reminds me I only have one DJ version of Insomnia.

I like them together like that.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

boomme... wow

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My recent additions are page 15, issue #4 of Gunslinger Born (shows the boys riding into Eyebolt Canyon) and my Whelan remarqued DT7 arriving yesterday from Australia.
    Attached Images

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Thats really cool. Im going to an Al Gore book signing today. Will post photos later!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

nice collection funky.... looks like a great start of a growing collection (also looks like you're going to need a new bookcase soon)

and i like your album collection? to the side.
    i have been a mobile and club dj (second jobs) for 18 years... when i first started out.... i primarily had to use vinyl or cassettes, since that was what was predominantly available. needless to say i have a collection of LP's and 45's out the wazoo.... along with several $800.00 turntables- all stored in closets now. man i hated unloadeding/carrying those trunks of albums into gigs - especially if there were stairs....talk about heavy.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

That remarque is sweet Oy! very nice...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received this today. This means that I have all proofs of the Dark Tower series except the orange Plume proof of Gunslinger.

John
    Attached Images

Thanks. Yes I have been Dj'ing since late '92 and all of my records are in the closet next to those. I have so many that they fill the closet and are now coming out into the room. I still play vinyl but I mostly play cd's now, and those 2 technics that I have are collecting dust, while the newer cdj's are being used extensively!
    I am very proud of my collection, when I started out I had mostly paperbacks and just about all of those are gone now. Most of those books have been purchased at used books stores by paying anywhere from 99 cents to $7. The only big purchases were the DT 1-4 books which I didn't have in hardback and I really only sprung for those about 6 months ago. I still go faithfully every Saturday around town looking for books that people think are just trash, such as my Firestarter which I don't believe has ever been read. But I have fun and my wife thinks I am nuts, but she said she'd rather have me collecting books that I can hand down to my son than a bunch of records that she is tired of tripping over!

Gunslinger Apprentice maerlyns_rainbow is on a distinguished road maerlyns_rainbow's Avatar

These are awesome collections! All my SK is in paperback that I bought at a bookstore or from a library sale, with the exception of The Shining, which is a hardcover I found at my aunt's once. It has no jacket and I have no idea how to tell what edition etc. it is.
    As the scorpion said to the maiden as she lay dying, "You knowed I was poison when you picked me up." Jonas, WaG

We're all mad here!--The Cheshire Cat

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome John!

I got a nice surprise in the mail today! Postscripts 10 Hardback - signed by all 25 contributors including Joe Hill and Stephen King!

Check out the left eye of the person on the cover! The pupil is a skull!

and one signature page
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Default POSTSCRIPTS 10

Now is that the signed hardcover ($50) or the slipcased hardcover ($150)?

(edit)

Looking at the ISBN, I am pretty sure it is the $150 slipcased hardcover. Post a pic of the slipcase if you have a chance.

Did you get the $50 signed hardcover too? And if so...is it signed by King and Hill?

Along the Path of the Beam The Red Rose is on a distinguished road The Red Rose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice guys.

Congrats John, just the orange Plume to go. You'll find one soon, I have no doubt!
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

Music is the language of the heart, the sound of the soul. The more we understand it, the deeper the listening experience becomes.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4120/silversurfer2xk1.jpg

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cr, you always get stuff first.
    I guess that means mine will be here in a week.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It is not the slipcased version, and yes as you can see it is signed by Joe Hill and Stephen King. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it up!

Well RF I ordered 20th Century Ghosts from PS Publishing (the hardcover version) and never got it - Pete mailed it twice and twice it was lost and finally Pete mailed me the Trade Paperback version and refunded me the difference. So I don't ALWAYS get mine first.

Perhaps though as its coming from England and I live on the east coast that has something to do with it!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Default POSTSCRIPTS 10

Well that is weird, because according to the PS website, the slipcased edition has an ISBN # of 9781905834815, which is what yours shows.

I am wondering now if the only difference between the two books is that one has a slipcase and one does not?

(edit)

According to Bev Vincent, the slipcased edtion will be signed by the writers AND artists.

So i guess for an extra $100 you get the slipcase and the artists' signatures.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad to see that PS 10 is finally shipping. I can't even remember if I ordered the Signed or the Slipcased. It was late and many emails were involved.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by funky dredd View Post
    ... my wife thinks I am nuts, but she said she'd rather have me collecting books that I can hand down to my son than a bunch of records that she is tired of tripping over!
    I love her attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyns_rainbow View Post
    These are awesome collections! All my SK is in paperback that I bought at a bookstore or from a library sale, with the exception of The Shining, which is a hardcover I found at my aunt's once. It has no jacket and I have no idea how to tell what edition etc. it is.
    Please post a pic of your collection, paperbacks count too. We all started there.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Well that is weird, because according to the PS website, the slipcased edition has an ISBN # of 9781905834815, which is what yours shows.

I am wondering now if the only difference between the two books is that one has a slipcase and one does not?

(edit)

According to Bev Vincent, the slipcased edtion will be signed by the writers AND artists.

So i guess for an extra $100 you get the slipcase and the artists' signatures.

I would hope that that wouldn't be the case. Doesn't really make it qualify for an additional $100 now would it?!?!?! LOL

If anyone gets both editions, let us know what the story is.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I would hope that that wouldn't be the case. Doesn't really make it qualify for an additional $100 now would it?!?!?! LOL

If anyone gets both editions, let us know what the story is.
    I agree. Initially I pre-ordered this book when it was announced because Joe Hill and Steven Erikson (great fantasy writer) were in it, and it just had a killer line-up. But I didn't care for the artist signatures and just bought the signed hardcover. When it was announced that King now had a story in the book I emailed PS asking if the hardcover would be signed, and Peter said he couldn't guarantee that it would be. So I paid an extra $90 (I think) upgrading to the slipcased edition.

I hope there is some bells and whistles with the slipcased edition, but I doubt it. the one hope I have is, this is the first slipcased edition of their hardcover magazine, so hopefully it will be something special?

btw, I hope people read the whole book, instead of just the King and Hill stories, there is some really great stuff. Including 8 pieces from Michael Marshall Smith, a relatively unknown author that just might knock your socks off (I hope, as I haven't read it yet, but he's good). As well as Connie Willis, Erikson, Lebbon, Cooper, and many others. It's a great line-up!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got one of each of the editions ordered, the trade paperback, the hardcover and the signed limited. When I (eventually) get them, I'll let you all know!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Default A Pleasant Surprise...

As stated above, there was no initial guarantee that the regular hardcover was going to be signed by King, just the slipcased edition. Anyone who got the regular hardcover for $50.00 should just look at it as having gotten a great deal. Having ordered the more expensive one, I won't begrudge anyone who got a deal on the $50.00 edition. It was a fluke.

I don't particularly believe that the $50.00 one will badly hurt the value of the more expensive, slipcased version, but just like with the Colorado Kid controversy, if it upsets anyone that much and you feel like you got rooked on the slipcased edition, just cancel your order.

I'm sure someone else out there will be more than willing to snatch it up
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Gunslinger Apprentice maerlyns_rainbow is on a distinguished road maerlyns_rainbow's Avatar

I'll have to see if I can gather them all up. I still have a ton of stuff at my mom's house that wouldn't fit into my apartment, and I left almost all my books there When I get the pics up though, it will give everyone something to laugh at
    As the scorpion said to the maiden as she lay dying, "You knowed I was poison when you picked me up." Jonas, WaG

We're all mad here!--The Cheshire Cat

If anyone is selling their slipcased edition...I am looking

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 1004 ... LastLast