Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287 295 296 297 298 299 307 347 397 797 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure they don't have different ISBNs. The copy I got has the same number as that listed on the Hodder site with the old man on the cover. My copy has the young guy on it.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Okay. That will make it slightly more difficult for the ones interested in obtaining all variants from a big online store like Amazon.

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Again, I'm sorry about the picture quality of the cover. It's my scanner that seems to be putting in that matte look. The actual cover isn't like that.
    Your scanning software should have a "descreen" option that will remove the moire patterns in your scans....

Hunter

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I'll have to check it out. It only happens occasionally, but it sure is annoying!

And, by the way, welcome to the boards!

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats everyone!

I am still waiting my british promotional Blockade. I guess its been lost in the shipping since the time. However another one will be sent to me :-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post
    Again, I'm sorry about the picture quality of the cover. It's my scanner that seems to be putting in that matte look. The actual cover isn't like that.
    Your scanning software should have a "descreen" option that will remove the moire patterns in your scans....

Hunter
    Hunter, I've tried all the options that I can find in my scanning software and can't find anything that helps. I found, in the Help section, a mention of the moire pattern that said it was a

moire pattern: An undesirable pattern that appears when a graphic image is displayed or printed with an inappropriate resolution. Moiré patterns result from a complex combination of parameters, including the image size, image resolution, halftone screen angle, and output device resolution.

PaperPort Help Copyright © 1999-2002, ScanSoft, Inc.
    I've tried upping the resolution to the highest, but still no change. Changing the size doesn't seem to make a difference either. I don't know how to adjust the other items. The help has nothing else.

I guess I'll just have to live with it.

John

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter View Post

Hunter
    Hunter, I've tried all the options that I can find in my scanning software and can't find anything that helps. I found, in the Help section, a mention of the moire pattern that said it was a

moire pattern: An undesirable pattern that appears when a graphic image is displayed or printed with an inappropriate resolution. Moiré patterns result from a complex combination of parameters, including the image size, image resolution, halftone screen angle, and output device resolution.

PaperPort Help Copyright © 1999-2002, ScanSoft, Inc.
    I've tried upping the resolution to the highest, but still no change. Changing the size doesn't seem to make a difference either. I don't know how to adjust the other items. The help has nothing else.

I guess I'll just have to live with it.

John
    John,

If you are using Paperport, see if this helps:

Symptom:

How do I adjust color and gray images using Scan Manager to improve image quality?

Solution:

The Scan Manager has a wide variety of options to adjust your scanned images. Using those options you can produce the best possible scan of your documents, color photos, magazine articles, business cards, or any other items you scan.

The Scan Manager has three buttons: Descreen, Sharpen, and Auto Level-for quickly adjusting color and gray images. These buttons do not apply to black and white or halftone images.

Descreen Image:

Select this option when scanning a picture from a newspaper or magazine article, sales catalog, or other source that contains images with patterns or dots. Scans of patterns or dots sometimes have a distorted or wavy appearance.

The scanner scans the item to compensate for the patterns and dots, and produces a clearer image. The scanning may slow down a bit when this option is selected. You don't need to select this option when scanning photographs.

* Descreen
    * Sharpen
    * Auto Level

To Descreen an image:

1. Click the Descreen button.
    2. Choose the appropriate option from the Descreen pop-up menu.
    3. Watch the preview image as you select various options to see which one is best for your final scanned image.

Sharpen Image:

Sharpness determines the amount of blur in an image. Your scanner can sharpen an original blurred image by adjusting the blurry edges in sections of the image.

To sharpen an image:

1. Click the "Sharpen" button.
    2. Choose the appropriate option from the Sharpen pop-up menu.
    3. Original Image Sharpened Image

Your scanner can analyze a color image to automatically determine the best settings to match the colors of the original image. Click this button to let the scanner automatically adjust the color settings.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Eric--it worked!!

I'm also replacing the one above with the new one.

Thanks VERY, VERY much!

John

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're very welcome - I hate having a computer issue go unsolved

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks from me too, Eric! Alot of my scans turn out like that, so I'll have to keep that tip in mind for the future.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just got a 1st printing of the Scribner PBs of Salem's Lot (All black cover) and Night Shift (perforated cover with hand and eyes) at a local flee-market. They were $.10 each, so I'm not converned if the whopping $.20 was wasted, just curious if they are worth anything?

Both books have covers in excellent condition. The exposed paper of the pages is yellowing, but unmarred. The Nightshift spine is fine, but the Sale's Lot spine is heavily creased.

I bought them for my own collection, not for resale value. Just curious how hard these actually are to find.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not too tough to find. Both books are a good read-enjoy them for that. Twenty cents is a great price for the entertainment value.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think about $5-10 for those in good condition would be a fair price. I think the Salem's Lot with a creased spine would be about $1.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I think John is about right on his prices. One of the interesting things about the paperback edition of NIGHT SHIFT with the cut-outs for the eyes is to try to find a copy with the eyes perfectly matching the cut-outs. It's not that easy. Most are off by a little or sometimes a lot.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Arbor House Celebrity Book of Horror Stories, with King's Introduction to Ramsey Campbell's The Companion and King's The Mangler:

The American Fantasy Tradition, with King's Children of the Corn:

Wastelands: Stories of the Apocalypse with King's The End of the Whole Mess:

The title printed on the last says Wastelands: Stories of Life After Apocalypse, but the sticker on the front changes the title. The title page says simply Wastelands.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Nice ones, John. I absolutely love the offbeat proofs too.

That Arbor House Celebrity book also has "The Mangler."

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't even notice! Neat! I'll edit the above and in the Collections thread to reflect this. Thanks!

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you plan on reading the Wastelands proof, John? I saw a pb copy of it at Barnes and Noble a couple weeks ago and it looked really interesting. If you read it, let me know how you like it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Before you get it at Barnes & Noble, check out Amazon. They have used/new copies starting at about half price. It only came out in trade paperback.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice shibus is on a distinguished road shibus's Avatar

A few weeks ago I posted these in a different thread. World Fantasy Convention # 6, 1980. I mentioned how I'm now looking for the more Unique and Obscure. Only one I've seen signed by King and as it turns out, over 25 other attendees. Sits well with my Signed WFC # 7 from 1981.

Well, Today I received another item I thought I'd share. One of the nicest First Edition's of the Shining I've seen, Inscribed to Robert Bloch (Author of Psycho) January 9th, 1977. Possibly the earliest. I have another copy dated May 4th and I know of another in April. Anyone here help me out with some info I don't have? (Dave, Bob, David, etc.). Also maybe with the meaning of "LP" in the inscription (Latest Piece, Album Reference ???) Thanx for any help guys. Be safe.

I guess it all comes down to a simple choice for me. "Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying".

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is an awesome book.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice score, Greg!
    Last edited by gsvec; 06-28-2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: duh

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Greg. I'm thinking LP may mean 33rpm record (Long Play)?

John

Nice book, Greg.

I think this is probably the LP to which King refers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622

+ Reply to Thread
Page 297 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287 295 296 297 298 299 307 347 397 797 ... LastLast