Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 269 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 271 279 319 369 769 1269 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,725 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Do pre-orders count? Because I ordered the lettered version of Scalzi's "Zoe's Tale" today.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

You don't see those around much anymore. When they closed the restaurant in 1998 they sold several of the menus and other things on eBay.

Those folder type things seem to have been used for special dinners and catering. At least that is what is in mine.

There was a more permanent menu that had a leatherette feel to it and brass or metal corners applied to the page corners. Here is one on the left. It was 10 pages with 6 pages being just wine choices. Two pages for lunch and two pages for dinner. It seemed to aspire to be a pretty high end dining establishment. I have no idea why it folded except that seems to happen to new restaurants/business quite a lot.

Damn! I don't have a coffee mug, though.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I'd be happy to swap the mug for an asbestos Firestarter.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'd be happy to swap the mug for an asbestos Firestarter.
    Let me think on it a while.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Tabitha used to have a restaurant?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I must be rather dense....these were memorabilia of a restaurant that Tabitha, Stephen King's wife owned?.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Tabitha Jeans

You don't see those around much anymore. When they closed the restaurant in 1998 they sold several of the menus and other things on eBay.

Those folder type things seem to have been used for special dinners and catering. At least that is what is in mine.

There was a more permanent menu that had a leatherette feel to it and brass or metal corners applied to the page corners. Here is one on the left. It was 10 pages with 6 pages being just wine choices. Two pages for lunch and two pages for dinner. It seemed to aspire to be a pretty high end dining establishment. I have no idea why it folded except that seems to happen to new restaurants/business quite a lot.

I believe the restaurant was the Kings daughter Naomi's place, prior to when she moved to Chicago.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

I believe the restaurant was the Kings daughter Naomi's place, prior to when she moved to Chicago.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

Correct.

I suspect poor old Dad lost a bundle on this. He almost certainly financed the whole operation.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's what Dads are for.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Percentage wise a drop in a bucket to SK.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I see....thanks for the clarification. This is the first time I have seen them.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Okay. Get ready, my friends. This is just so super cool.

I am now the proud owner of an Original Painted/Sketch version of Fall of Gilead Issue 5/Page 1 by Richard Isanove!!!

( I apologize in advance for the photo quality, my camera isn't so great, and my hands were kind of shaking with amazement and joy )

Gentlemen and Gentlewomen ... I present to you ... Mr. Arthur Eld.

Close-Up

Personalization

Original with Published Page

I wish I could find a way to describe the amazing detail and colors and just the plain beauty of this piece. I am blown away.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Pam! That's magnificent!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Now THAT is amazing!!! Congratulations!!!

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Pam! Congrats!

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks, all. It really is amazing. I can't wait to get it framed and hanging up.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awsome!!!
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks beautiful!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats crazily good congrats Pam!

Congratulations, Pam! I am happy for you.

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks everyone! I knew you'd appreciate it as much as I do.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool beyond words.
    Thanks for sharing.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

AMAZING!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Well, it doesn't look like much....just a stack of old newspapers....but this is a major addition to my collection. I think this is about as complete a collection of Maine Campus newspapers with the column "King's Garbage Truck" as I'll ever find.

I'm going to have to go through and read and catalog each one but I think this represents all of the issues with King writing except for the issues from the summer sessions of 1969 and 1970, when it was called the Summer Campus.

In all King wrote 47 "King's Garbage Truck" columns and I think there are 38 here (missing only the 9 issues from summer 1969). Plus there are some issues with photos of King and some with letters to the editor type writing and a few duplicates.

I'm going to have a fantastic time going through and cataloging each issue. Truly a labor of love. This is about as good as it gets for me and my King collection.

Many thanks to wizardsrainbow at Betts who was instrumental in getting this whole deal together. I'm forever grateful, David.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 269 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 271 279 319 369 769 1269 ... LastLast