Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 219 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 269 319 719 1219 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got these for $40 each from eBay...

Wrightson signed DTV...

and a Whelan signed copy of DTVII with a "special artist website only" print...
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

I noticed that and have see many washed out copies of the print on Tommyknockers....speckled ones that look like they were printed like that too...
    any signatures with different paper stock on it???

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Gris, and a great price!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

a link to more cover images

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D63%26um%3D1

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    I noticed that and have see many washed out copies of the print on Tommyknockers....speckled ones that look like they were printed like that too...
    any signatures with different paper stock on it???

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm...I noticed the silver print of The Tommyknockers but passed it off thinking that it has just faded from gold to a less shiny version over time.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Hutch,

Very very nice!!! Very nice! I am mucho jealous
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    I'm really disappointed that nobody came through.
    I got this great 1st Tommyknockers about a month ago and thought I should share an image with all of you.
    Sorry, we tried.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I used to think that may be the case until I got this one in my hands and was able to give it close examination. It was a curiosity purchase that turned out to be more than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Hmm...I noticed the silver print of The Tommyknockers but passed it off thinking that it has just faded from gold to a less shiny version over time.

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

hey while we're speaking of Tommyknockers...what is the correct dj price for UK HC 1/1??

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John so I guess they continued to print 1st edition books in later dust jackets yes?
    I found one withe "first published...." but no price on DJ
    any lonely jackets out there??

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hutch, I noticed the silver foil lettering on the Tommyknockers and I've seen a couple pics of one before. I knew it was uncommon, but I didn't realize it was that rare and I too was focusing on the UTD. Congratulations on both though.

Congrats to Craig and sleepless too.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really disappointed that nobody came through.

The Under the Dome is there for misdirection I figured everyone would focus on it. Tommyknockers is what I think is a rare state of a book. The DJ is silver foil rather than red or gold foil and the light coming from the door is a pale blue rather than the green light found on the red or gold foil Tommyknockers.

Now for Under the Dome. I'm sure you'll see more of these show up. I suspect it is a HB advance copy sent to dealers and reviewers instead of proofs. If this is true the proofs could be as rare or more rare then Cell proofs. On the back cover there is a sticker with the ISBN #. I'm hoping the book will be bound differently ....than I may have something real special.

I got this great 1st Tommyknockers about a month ago and thought I should share an image with all of you.

There is one of those Tommy on Skcovers.
    I remember mentionning it last summer, and people werent sure it was an actual book, or maybe a "bad scan"... or smthg like this
    so there are actually 3 variants
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaniscoming View Post
    Thanks John so I guess they continued to print 1st edition books in later dust jackets yes?
    I found one withe "first published...." but no price on DJ
    any lonely jackets out there??
    Hodder & Stoughton never printed a price on the dust jacket for their export editions. Actually, a priced dust jacket is scarcer than an unpriced one for many of their books, including Tommyknockers.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I used to think that may be the case until I got this one in my hands and was able to give it close examination. It was a curiosity purchase that turned out to be more than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I can't help but think that this is a printer's error rather than a separate state of the dj done intentionally. I have not examined one up close (not that I would know what to look for) but I suspect the machine doing the printing may have been low on the green color or set wrong or something. So many times in the book the light coming from the shed is described as greenish yellow that I find it unlikely they would intentionally make it pale blue. It is an interesting dust jacket.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My latest acquisition

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!

John

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

sweet! He's great in person!! Have a good time!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

What city is this one?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    What city is this one?
    Fitzgerald Theater... Minnesota

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post
    My latest acquisition

I'm going too.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Exciting...nice to have a chance to see him local, isn't it!

Portsmouth will be the first time I won't have to drive five hours and stay overnight...wheee...

My bad...I saw him in Cambridge, and that was only an hour...the other two were just outside of NYC...
    Last edited by turtlex; 08-26-2009 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Merged Double Post.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

On my way to home (moving saturday to Paris!), a copy of 'the illustrated stephen king trivia book" as well as some items from the defunct Burton Hatlen's collection
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    On my way to home (moving saturday to Paris!), a copy of 'the illustrated stephen king trivia book" as well as some items from the defunct Burton Hatlen's collection
    How about some photos when you get to Paris.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Exciting...nice to have a chance to see him local, isn't it!

Portsmouth will be the first time I won't have to drive five hours and stay overnight...wheee...

My bad...I saw him in Cambridge, and that was only an hour...the other two were just outside of NYC...
    I'm curious if he has connections to MN. We made the cut for the book tour and he seems pretty familiar with the area based on his use of St. Paul and its suburbs in Duma Key.

I'm excited to see him again. It took almost 37 years to see him the first time (I went to the 3 Kings reading in D.C.). Can't believe I get to see him 2x in 2 years. Now I just need to get lucky(-er) and get a signed book in the lottery.

Cheers, MonteGss. See you there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 219 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 269 319 719 1219 ... LastLast