Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 215 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 265 315 715 1215 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am a little confused on one item. I looked at Hutch's first print IDs, and "First Published in 1987 by Viking Penguin Inc." Quarter bound in cream cloth, green boards, w/o number line or mention of later printing, Much less 1,000,000 planned. No 18.95 on DJ though. Book looks like it has never been read but DJ is a mess. I'll post the pics and hopefully you guys can tell me this is just a reprint that did not mention other printings.

Ok, moving on. Got a decent price for Treachery. There are no comic shops around so 9.99 for all six never read was good for me.

This was how it arrived still in plastic case. On monday I should get this

Good price again and looks like the first issue is signed by Peter David. Finally, my latest new thing is not book related so I'll just post the pic

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

On rhe Eyes of the Dragon--it's probably a book club edition. Those are, as far as I know, the only US editions that do not have a price. Other than that, it looks like a first/first book.

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

EoTD looks to be a BCE to me.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. ofc that was not mentioned, but for .99 i think I will just use it as a readable copy. Damn shame, cause it looks like I will be the first to do so. The spine is so tight it creaks when you open it

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just won the following:

Song of Susannah w/remarque

I can't believe I was the only bidder!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice John. I would be out there bidding away, but even though my kids go to public school, it has cost us around 500 each (have 4) for supplies, sports(they have to have matching shoes in every sport ) I have a game I want in Nov, and I AM going to Atlanta for the King signing. Put that with the 800 i dropped on this new cheap laptop, You can consider me out of the high bid game till first of the year. Very nice win though. Congrats.

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

EOD is the first edition book in export jacket with no price so various countries could apply their own price tag......find many up here in like that in canada because at the time the dollars were fluctuating so much that they couldn't figure it out........
    I think I might have an extra correct DJ for it ...I'll check tomorrow..

Country
    Country Flag

If this is for me Darkman, sounds good. This copy just seems too good of quality to be a bce.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I just won the following:

Song of Susannah w/remarque

I can't believe I was the only bidder!

John
    Wow!

Congratulations, John !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Yes Dwarf, turns out i have an extra correct 1/1 DJ with $18.95 and code 02182587 decent shape with a little chipping as this DJ is notorious for.

As long as your book doesn't have a small emboss on back bottom corner, it is 1/1 book and the dust jacket will be perfect for it....

PM me and we'll figure out if we can get it to you

D

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessdwarf View Post
    If this is for me Darkman, sounds good. This copy just seems too good of quality to be a bce.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope it works out, Sleepless and Darkman.

Congrats on your new book, John. A nice price, IMO!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I have both a book club edition and a first edition of EOD. The first edition has light orange endpapers and the book club has just plain white.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the UK paperback review copy of Just After Sunset with the publisher's letter coming to me soon:

John

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

that's cool John!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, John - that's cool.

And very blue.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, John!

1/1 of eyes of the dragon should have green end papers.....
    never heard of one having orange??

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    I have both a book club edition and a first edition of EOD. The first edition has light orange endpapers and the book club has just plain white.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I got mixed up. I got it confused with another book.

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, so one mix up down. Anyone here happen to have a link to a pic of a BCE of The Eyes of the dragon? As I told darkman, I am satisfied with our deal regardless of my outcome. I do have a few bce that I bought for my own reasons and can easily tell the difference in the printing than the 1/1. On this one curiosity just keeps getting the best of me. I have googled till my fingers hurt, but can not find a pic of what a bce would look like. According to Darkman, there would be a small emboss on the back corner that would clearly indicate bce. As for that, there is no issue. I just would love to see a copy of the bce. As I have already told Darkman, I am happy with our deal regardless of outcomes, as the DJ I have just does not give the book justice, legit or not.

OK dwarf....
    Dont want you up all night...here's the low down:

Earlier editions of titles say pre 70's had a first edition>>>>
    then "book club" use to make a smaller and cheaper version that usually you can spot a mile away, they will have no stated edition....it will also have a DJ that says book club edition with no price......people got these cheap throught the mail uaually.

there are a few later printings of books that are same size ~ do not say book club but have no price, no stated edition...people refer to these as book clubs too......
    Many king titles come in different forms.....
    Later printings with numbers missing in numberline, starting at 3,4 ,5 they may as well be book clubs....useless

There are a few titles that have a small BCOA statement and are same size etc

NOW>>> Many copies of the 1/1 book EYES of Dragon were printed in USA
    The books were also exported without DJs as the full color printing of DJs could be done cheaper in the countries they were going....canada would print the dust jacket without price and on a few titles they would print canadian price eg Christine (canadian copy in my store ~ dj price $22.00)
    Regulators was printed with 32.99 DJ ~ these are 1/1 books in later (foreign) dust jackets

sometimes they would emboss them with a book club square or circle before shipping...the book pictured is a beautiful copy of "IT" identical 1/1 but painfully branded with a small square....look very closely....top left corner of picture~very small

although this is still a first, many collectors will frown on it and call it book club......
    not really book club but marked with the sign of the devil (book club square)
    ....just kidding.

the book you have is a left over 1/1 printing that got a second issue DJ as it probably didn't sell a million copies over night for the original price....

when you put the dj I give you on it...there is no difference whatsoever as long as you have "first published...." green end papers and a price on the dj you are in....for $15 for this title, if it is indeed unread, you have done well.

hope this helps??????

PS I'm wondering now if we should have a thread where we track how many printings each king title went into before being called a book club...might be neat to figure out????
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Darkmaniscoming; 08-19-2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: dislexia

Heres a close up as you probably couldn't see the other one....don't think you will see this on yours....
    Attached Images

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, Darkman, once again you come through. I guess through all the small chats, I did not come out right and ask you to give me an example. There is indeed no small emboss, and as I said before, the DJ you send me, makes the book way more worthy to me. All I can say is thanks again.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Received this today..

The 1982 flyer from Grant Books advertising The Gunslinger.

$60 for a limited edition, and you could buy as many as you wanted.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

tippy 4 I am totally over that Gunslinger Flyer!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sixty '82 bucks is $133.90 in today's money...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 215 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 265 315 715 1215 ... LastLast