Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 201 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 251 301 701 1201 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 32420

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

A bunch of cool things to share with my friends.

Thank you to Dave ( oy-the-brave ), I got my Signed AE from the Haven Big Give.
    I am humbled by the generosity displayed during the Haven Fundraiser.

Two cool CGC comics. I've got the only 9.9 graded Sorcerer ( at least so far ).

The Mike Perkins Signed comics I won in the Haven auction.

The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Pam! Some REALLY nice acquisitions!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I am in the process of acquiring one of the handful of LSOE AE editions specially signed and inscribed by Stephen King. No it is not Karen's copy. Wish me luck.
    Best of luck, David!

Congrats, Pam. Great stuff.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow Pam, nice haul girl!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks, all !

<-- very happy camper !

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

So, David, is it from who I think it's from?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Pam

David, I say this with honest jealousy. Good Luck

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Pam and Ricky!

And good luck, David!

I've just received these:

And well...this:

(of course...I'm taking about the car, not my girlfriend )
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been selling a lot of things lately - condensing my book collection, including my King collection, but I've also gotten some exciting new King books in the last two weeks.

I replaced my limited of "Road to the Dark Tower" with a PC copy of the lettered edition, so as to match my II-VII PC set of the Dark Tower books.

Likewise, I have a PC copy of Insomnia en route that will replace my limited. I decided to keep only the S/Ls of the Stand and 'Salem's Lot in addition to my DT books as they are two of my favourite books but also some of the nicest looking King limiteds. But when push came to shove I decided I'd really like to keep Insomnia too - I enjoyed the story, its a nice looking book and as King says himself in DTVII (or maybe DTVI), its the most important of the related novels.

And finally, just tonight, I purchased a 1st edition of Salem's Lot - a book I've been searching for the "right" copy of for quite a while.

As Pam said in another thread of herself, I'm a happy camper right now!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice haul Eric! And a big congrats on the first edition of Salem's Lot! It's nice when you find the "right" copy of one that you've been searching for for awhile.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Very nice haul Eric! And a big congrats on the first edition of Salem's Lot! It's nice when you find the "right" copy of one that you've been searching for for awhile.
    Thanks Ricky - and I agree when you search high and low and find what you're looking for, its a great feeling.

I had resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't going to be able to afford a copy in fine condition, so I was looking for a VG/VG copy. The one I got is closer to NF/VG+ from the looks of things and I think I got a good deal. It will be nice to replace the red leather SK Library edition that I had been using as a place filler!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like you got a deal and a half if the condition is better than described--in my experience, it's usually the other way around. I'd love to see a photo of the Salem's Lot one day...I can live vicariously through your success.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Eric, on the Salem's Lot. Is it a second or third state edition? (The second state has the Father Cody error, the third state has it corrected to Father Callahan.)

It's been my experience that the third is a bit harder to find than the second.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Sounds like you got a deal and a half if the condition is better than described--in my experience, it's usually the other way around. I'd love to see a photo of the Salem's Lot one day...I can live vicariously through your success.
    I'll post a picture here for you when it arrives!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Congratulations, Eric, on the Salem's Lot. Is it a second or third state edition? (The second state has the Father Cody error, the third state has it corrected to Father Callahan.)

It's been my experience that the third is a bit harder to find than the second.

John
    John, its the second state jacket. Although I totally agree that the third seems to be more rare, and actually a lot cheaper too, its the second state that I was after - as I'm sure most collectors are (hence the lower price on the third state).

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Eric. Glad to hear the finetuning of your collection is all working out.

Ari, I'm still cracking up that you bought a KA!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

OK.....this is too funny. If you haven't figured me out by yet I have a sense of humor and my wife has put up with it for 24 years. Here's the story:

Over a cup of coffee this morning I showed Karen(my wife) a picture of Ari's car and I said "look, Ari's getting a KA" she looked at me funny and said your not from the north, you mean a car. I said no sweetie, a KA. Ari's getting a KA. No, you mean a CAR.....

This went on for a few minutes until I explained he really did get a KA

Sorry if I offended the friends from the north

Is it a car or is it a KA?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

My Mood
    Gay

Hey, I'm from right outside boston... we call all cars "kahs".... And they're wicked cool.

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    OK.....this is too funny. If you haven't figured me out by yet I have a sense of humor and my wife has put up with it for 24 years. Here's the story:

Over a cup of coffee this morning I showed Karen(my wife) a picture of Ari's car and I said "look, Ari's getting a KA" she looked at me funny and said your not from the north, you mean a car. I said no sweetie, a KA. Ari's getting a KA. No, you mean a CAR.....

This went on for a few minutes until I explained he really did get a KA

Sorry if I offended the friends from the north

Is it a car or is it a KA?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

I suppose like the famous Brazilian soccer player it's a KahKa

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL

Thanks for the comments, guys! It's really small but it's very confortable
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Or should that be KaKah? Anyway, don't pooh-pooh the idea or that would be two (2) bahhh'd, or should that be bahbah. Talking about bears.../

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Entertaining story, Ralph.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Ralph, that was too cute! And we do drive Cahs up hera
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, not a very big deal, but I just bought a UK 1st of The Stand (1990 version) in primo condition for $25.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 201 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 251 301 701 1201 ... LastLast