Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 1297 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 1002 ... LastLast

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another hallmark part of my collection are the Carrie trio I own:

US Proof signed
    US 1st edition signed
    UK 1st edition signed

Here is a picture of the signed Carrie Proof:

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And the UK Carrie first, signed. The UK Carrie is even rarer than the US version

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The UK DT VII ARC (only 100 done). This, as far as I know, is the only one that is signed. I have Dolan to thank for that!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is truly awesome.
    Looks like you firgured out the pic posting too.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've moved the remarques posted by Wiz and John into a new thread. They deserve to be highlighted.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is my 1st Edition US Carrie and the earliest signature of any book I own.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, last picture for the day....a couple of New Lieutenant's Rap (s) and a Cycle of the Werewolf Portfolio (matching number with the book). I have all 3 states of the Rap--Signed and numbered, numbered proof (1 of 24) and unnumbered proof.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, I want one of those Lt.'s Rap books!

With the necklace, of course.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    This is my 1st Edition US Carrie and the earliest signature of any book I own.

This is amazing. I mean, wow--30 years.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Default Probably my rarest item...

This is not the most valuable item in my collection, but I think it might be the rarest...the "Masters of Horror" antholgy had "The Monkey" in it, and I have never seen another signed copy...which makes sense because if someone had an opportunity to get a book signed by King, why get some vague anthology signed? So I'm not saying it's unique, but I've never seen another offered for sale or exhibition before or since...

I see it only shows up as a thumbnail, but I'm too lazy to deal with Imageshack, and the little image makes the point anyway...
    Attached Images

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

And here's the provenance for that item...
    Attached Images

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all. I'm not a collector of books so I have a question for you all. Why do I see multiple copies of some? Is each one different and more valuable than the others? I'm curious. I love the pictures you guys have posted though.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

HA! I asked that very same question myself once!

These guys here put up with me invading their forum (a similar one in a different place) a while back and asking ALL kinds of silly questions. Very patiently. I think they are a great bunch of nutty collectors!!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Hi all. I'm not a collector of books so I have a question for you all. Why do I see multiple copies of some? Is each one different and more valuable than the others? I'm curious. I love the pictures you guys have posted though.
    Hi MonteGss:

There are various reasons for multiple copies of some books. Let me address the DT series first and I will lay this out very simply and there is no intent to insult anyone's intelligence.

The DT publisher Grant, issued each hardcover of the series in different states, a Signed/Lettered edition (signed by King and artist), a Signed numbered edition (signed by King and artist), a regular trade edition, and in the case of the last 3 books, an Artists edition (signed only by the artist). Some collectors like myself desire all states of the book for their collection. Also, with the DT series, the holy grail is to own a complete set of S/L editions all with the same number. While I could expound further, I think this gives you a rough idea as to why multiple copies are owned.

Also, some of us own, let's say a regular 1st edition of The Talisman, but also own another copy signed by King, or another copy signed by Straub, or even one signed by both. As you can gather, there are lots of various combinations.

I hope that goes a ways to answering your question. We love questions here, so keep asking away!!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

The UK DT VII ARC (only 100 done). This, as far as I know, is the only one that is signed. I have Dolan to thank for that!!!

And you are very welcome

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you very much for your answer wizardsrainbow! I can see how a collection could build up.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a UK trade edition, first edition first printing, of Lisey's Story. I also have the another copy signed by King, and I also have a third printing signed by King. Somehow, though, I ended up with yet another first/first that I use as my reading copy. I also have a copy of the Lisey's Story proof that is numbered 78 of 100 in a cardboard slipcase , another proof without a slipcase numbered 187 and a copy of the proof dust jacket that is different than the one used. A picture of this is attached.

John
    Attached Images

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the regular UK trade edition.

John
    Attached Images

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

GREAT stuff so far!!! RF, I have loved your collection since I first saw the pics!!! Impressive!!!!! Beautiful!!!

Towerguard, you're well on your way!!! One piece at a time...that's how I've been building my modest collection.

Wiz, it's great to see yours too! The DT books are a grail to me too and someday, I'll own my first S/L. I can't wait!!!

I'll get some recent pictures of my collections up this afternoon. I love this thread (I spent hours going through the .net thread when I first joined!).

Oh, and I know first-hand that these collectors have THE biggest hearts!!! You all know who you are when I say "Thanks."

Bill

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Wow! Look at all of the dust covers that could be thrown away and pages to be dog eared.

Seriously, these collections are fantastic.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously, this stuff is really amazing guys. I thought I was doing good with trying to get all his novels in hardback on my small little bookshelf.

You guys have really piqued my interest in branching out into King collecting.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is my little bookshelf of King's books. I have about 3 boxes in my closet as well filled with my old paperbacks of his. I guess the most "valuable" thing I have would be my Secretary of Dreams I got from Cemetary Dance (bottom shelf on the far left) and I do have an ARC of Lisey's Story (top shelf near the right).

I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Along the Path of the Beam The Red Rose is on a distinguished road The Red Rose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's already some really great pictures up here and I love to see what everyone else has, so keep 'em coming everyone!

I have a whole load of photos uploaded to photobucket. I spent some time organising them today and making slideshows so here I go at trying to get them up here.

This is what Rags & I have in our collection

slideshows x 6 click on each image to view....

Another:

3 of 5

I tell a lie, there are 6..

....and lastly:

Or if you wish to view the individual photos you can clicky clicky here:

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r...%20Collection/
    Last edited by The Red Rose; 05-22-2007 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Just tidying up a little, cool that you can add more than one URL to a post!
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

Music is the language of the heart, the sound of the soul. The more we understand it, the deeper the listening experience becomes.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4120/silversurfer2xk1.jpg

Traveler Timmy is on a distinguished road

The DT publisher Grant, issued each hardcover of the series in different states, a Signed/Lettered edition (signed by King and artist), a Signed numbered edition (signed by King and artist), a regular trade edition, and in the case of the last 3 books, an Artists edition (signed only by the artist). Some collectors like myself desire all states of the book for their collection.

Are you sure there is a Signed/Lettered edition for each of the seven DT books published by Grant? I've only heard of a lettered edition for DT1: The Gunslinger.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post

The DT publisher Grant, issued each hardcover of the series in different states, a Signed/Lettered edition (signed by King and artist), a Signed numbered edition (signed by King and artist), a regular trade edition, and in the case of the last 3 books, an Artists edition (signed only by the artist). Some collectors like myself desire all states of the book for their collection.

Are you sure there is a Signed/Lettered edition for each of the seven DT books published by Grant? I've only heard of a lettered edition for DT1: The Gunslinger.
    DT1 Gunslinger was issued by Grant with 500 numbered signed copies, 35 lettered copies, 12 Publisher's copies, 40 Author's copies and 10 Artist's copies. This information is in Beahm's Stephen King Collectibles. 10,000 Trade first edtion first printings were done. A second printing of 10,000 was done a while later. 11,000 third printings were issued as part of the Dark Tower Gift Set (along with a second printing of DTII and a first printing of DTIII in a slipcase.) The lettered Gunslinger goes at least around $10k if you can find one. I've never seen any of the other special copies. The signed numbered DTI goes in the $4-7k range.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 1297 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 1002 ... LastLast