Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 278 678 1178 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Dave!!
    Another amazing piece of art.
    That is so cool.
    Congratulations !!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Dave, wicked awsome!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice, Dave!

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Utterly awesome Dave! That is way way cool. Congrats.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Oy, a great idea to contact Clark and a great result... looks very nice!
    Geoff

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Batsker, those two new bookcases look great.

Dave, holy moly, that artwork is fantastic! The three stages of the process all look really cool.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Very cool Oy, a great idea to contact Clark and a great result... looks very nice!
    How this happened was Alan sent an email to those on his mailing list offering reduced prices on his artwork listed on his website, his wife had been laid off and work was slow, so I figured what the heck ask about doing a piece and it went from there.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Batsker, those two new bookcases look great.

Dave, holy moly, that artwork is fantastic! The three stages of the process all look really cool.
    There are a couple of other items he is sending that were part of the preliminary work that I have not seen yet, one is a photo of his models (I can't wait to see that). I really love seeing the preliminary work, I find it fascinating to see the creative process in action.

If not for the cost (and size) I would love to frame all three pieces together.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Frame them all! Frame them all!

Oh hey, this package arrived at my office on Friday (thus the lousy cellphone camera photo).

Gunslinger Apprentice batsker will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Patrick. This is the one you just picked up on ebay, right? I'm jealous.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it has been some time since I posted something of my own in this thread. Well, on Friday, I got a letter in the mail that all by itself has become a pride and joy.

The letter was from Ned Dameron, and before we go any further I must apologize, but I am unable to share his contact info. Only by the grace of a fellow collector was I able to receive an introduction that enabled me to write to him.

I wrote to Ned and asked him many questions about how the Wastelands art developed in his mind and then on the canvas etc. I got back a 2 1/2 page letter (written long hand, not typed) that described the creative process for him regarding the artwork for the book. It is way cool. I do not want to share the whole letter, but I will transcribe certain parts that I think all of you as collectors will enjoy. And I quote:

"Illustrating King was exciting and the pictures formed easily in my mind. The specific character of Roland was, as you perceived, based on Chuck Connors - or a morphing of him into other earlier versions...earlier versions which to Don Grant seemed too much like Clint Eastwood.

While channel surfing I came across an old movie about Cochise (I think) with a Chuck Connors in very dark makeup and a black Prince Valiant wig--the blue eyes were left natural and seemed very piercing and incongruous but reminded me of discussions over Conan and Kull with Don...

The cross in that scene (refering to the Roland with gun illustration) was a simple aluminum bit found on the sidewalk during one of my usual treks for groceries. The gun was a $1,000 colt 45, the best in a local gun store."

I am absolutely thrilled with the content of the letter as it provides key insight into Ned's creative thinking process as he did these illustrations. So, it is my new pride and joy.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds pretty awesome. Congratulations David and thanks for sharing some of the contents with us.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

David
    very nice!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Very cool, David and thanks for sharing!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, David!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kinda of silly compared to the lat few new P&Js, but I just won a Thinner 1st/1st for $10 on eBay.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Kinda of silly compared to the lat few new P&Js, but I just won a Thinner 1st/1st for $10 on eBay.
    Nice grab Gris

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

David, very nice!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Patrick, I've just seen your post! CONGRATULATIONS!! That's the latest grail I'm still missing
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by batsker View Post
    Very nice Patrick. This is the one you just picked up on ebay, right? I'm jealous.
    Yes, this is the one I picked up on eBay. I'm quite happy with the purchase, especially as it included the artist's portfolio. I'll take some better photos (with a real camera) this week and post them in my Collection thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Patrick, I've just seen your post! CONGRATULATIONS!! That's the latest grail I'm still missing
    Ari, thank you! When you get one, you're going to love it.

David, I loved reading your story about your recent contact with Dameron. Congrats on the personal feedback he provided you. Very cool.

Congrats, Gris, as well.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice batsker will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice one gris. Definitely not silly, a book doesn't have to be expensive to be a good grab. Congrats!.

And I just now saw David's post about the Dameron letter. Very interesting. That letter would go well framed with some of the portfolio from Grant. Although at 2.5pgs it might be tough. Congrats, David.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a great letter, David. Nice of him not only to write you with his thought process and the little details, but in longhand yet! I don't blame you for deeming it your new P&J - I would, too! Congrats.

And great catch, Gris - I paid more than that for mine, that's for sure!

Patrick, I'm glad your S/L SC showed up - it looks like it's in great shape!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I think this qualifies as a new Pride and Joy. What do you think?

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*Thud*

Very nice, David!!!!! If the letter wasn't enough!! You're very lucky!!! Congrats! I remember researching Ned a while ago, in an effort to get my remaining Grant's signed (to match my 3 Artist Editions).

Patrick, Gris...nice ebay Grabs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that Alan Clark artwork is fab too! So many cool things!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 278 678 1178 ... LastLast