Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 166 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 266 666 1166 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

[quote=Hutch;335962]
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I got this in yesterday from a seller in Ireland (What the heck was it doing over there?).

A review copy of SKELETON CREW with promotional materials laid in. I don't recall ever seeing one of these offered for sale. I suspect it is not incredibly rare but perhaps uncommon. I didn't have one in my collection and am pretty happy to add this.

Nice one Bob!

Begs the question to John and Mike....do you have this one or no?

What the heck... John and Mike, what about about Dave?
    Yes...many of my firsts come with review materials. It was a focus of mine years ago.
    No snub intended my friend. It's just that John and Mike are kinda the ARC kings, so I thought of them.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, yeah! Nice pictures, Dave. I'd never seen the box (or even heard of it) before today.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love looking at all this cool stuff that I don't own. Yet. One day...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info, Jerome!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    From Stephenkkingcollector:
    The Rap was given out at the 25th Anniversary of Carrie on April 6, 1999. The guest list had 120 invitees and Stephen had asked Michael Alpert (designer) to prepare 150 signed copies (non-sequential order) in case there were more needed on the night. 108 people turned up as a few could not make it.

Approximately 28-42 copies were left on the table and thrown out by staff that night. None were recovered from trash. Stephen was so disgusted that drunk guests did this, that he took the remaining 380+ copies and placed them in his office safe in Bangor, to where they remain to this day. The unsuccessful break-in attempt in June 2000 did not get any copies of these chapbooks. There have been approximately 5 donated to Bangor public library since then. Therefore, only 80 copies were taken home from the event and 5 more have been purchased since then from the fundraisers. Of the 500, that is a very small number of copies in private hands.

The envelopes were all given out on the night and what made them unique is that the were covered with silver peace symbols that Michael hand stamped on the chapbooks. Some have 3, 4 or 5 as they were placed arbitrarily. Michael said that the reason this was done was because in the 60s, there was no rules to follow, you just did what ever you felt like. !

Also handed out at the party were:

-- A signed copy of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon ( in honor of the 25th anniversary of Carrie )
    -- The Peace Sign necklace in it's original box with bow on top

-- A Stapled (4 page) 25 question Trivia Quiz

Pictures of several quizzes are at the site.

Were TGWLTG books 2nd printings, or was that from The Haven Foundation sale?
    Can we back this bus up...where did 500 come from ?
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

WooHoo!

Thanks to a member here, I am now the proud owner of a set of Hearts in Atlantis/Waldenbooks promotional Dog Tags.

My HIA collection now consists of a signed 1st edition, Dog Tags, ARC, Deck of Cards.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Thanks for the picture, Dave. Never seeen it before.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    WooHoo!

Thanks to a member here, I am now the proud owner of a set of Hearts in Atlantis/Waldenbooks promotional Dog Tags.

My HIA collection now consists of a signed 1st edition, Dog Tags, ARC, Deck of Cards.
    Congrats. I am very jealous. I had mentioned wanting that very item.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

WooHoo!

Ditto

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    WooHoo!

Ditto
    Tritto.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am both : really happy-excited and disappointed...

I succeed to find a copy of the very very 1st french publication of King : an excerpt of Carrie, published few months before the novel. Dated 1976.
    However, there are NO WAYS that i can buy it or owning it, for the simple reason that it's at the national library.
    So i requested copies of it. I recieved it today, really excited, happy after weeks of waiting : i am going through the pages, and the last one says "continuing on page 102". They didnt copy it, while in my request i am pretty sure that i said i wanted the whole excerpt, i gave page informations that are maybe not accurate or complete... apparently they didnt take that into account great. I'll probably have to pay again the same price (minimum fare + recorded shipping), for probably only 4-5 pages missing......
    Not really cheap for copies : hoped i could have got the magazine instead or that they could have scanned it...

will call em this afternoon as soon as they open!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I am both : really happy-excited and disappointed...

I succeed to find a copy of the very very 1st french publication of King : an excerpt of Carrie, published few months before the novel. Dated 1976.
    However, there are NO WAYS that i can buy it or owning it, for the simple reason that it's at the national library.
    So i requested copies of it. I recieved it today, really excited, happy after weeks of waiting : i am going through the pages, and the last one says "continuing on page 102". They didnt copy it, while in my request i am pretty sure that i said i wanted the whole excerpt, i gave page informations that are maybe not accurate or complete... apparently they didnt take that into account great. I'll probably have to pay again the same price (minimum fare + recorded shipping), for probably only 4-5 pages missing......
    Not really cheap for copies : hoped i could have got the magazine instead or that they could have scanned it...

will call em this afternoon as soon as they open!
    Damn, that sucks!

Is it the only copy???

What magazine was it in and what issue?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, my long awaited package arrived, in just 1 day!

Here is what I opened:

No remarques of any kind! But...I am missing two artists editions, so just maybe.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

How is the shinkwrap? Can be removed and placed again once I check if I have remarques? Or does it have to be broken?

I want to shinkwrap them again.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

How is the shinkwrap? Can be removed and placed again once I check if I have remarques? Or does it have to be broken?

I want to shinkwrap them again.
    Ari-

I suppose if you were very careful, you could open it, slide the book out and then use heat to melt the platic back together. Why bother though?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Yeah, did he not send you your PC artist?? What is wrong with him?? LOL I know you are missing the separate artist, as it was still burried. I will mention it to him when I get to work.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Damn, that sucks!

Is it the only copy???

That's the only known issue. I've been looking everywhere, and once i even thought i'd get one, but the seller (which is a company gathering archives of newspaper) got back to me saying that they didnt have it anymore...

The information have been published so there are no reasons to hide it, especially since that it would maybe help to find another copy.
    It was in the french Cosmopolitan, issue #32, july 1976.
    My mistake : i've just checked and this is not the first ever french King appearance, as the book was published in april. But still.

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Yeah, did he not send you your PC artist?? What is wrong with him?? LOL I know you are missing the separate artist, as it was still burried. I will mention it to him when I get to work.
    Karen-

Correct, missing the PC artist and the higher number artist.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You've lived in Scotland for a while! Were you not tought to "do a runner"? i.e steal it, and run out the door.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    From Stephenkkingcollector:
    The Rap was given out at the 25th Anniversary of Carrie on April 6, 1999. The guest list had 120 invitees and Stephen had asked Michael Alpert (designer) to prepare 150 signed copies (non-sequential order) in case there were more needed on the night. 108 people turned up as a few could not make it.

Approximately 28-42 copies were left on the table and thrown out by staff that night. None were recovered from trash. Stephen was so disgusted that drunk guests did this, that he took the remaining 380+ copies and placed them in his office safe in Bangor, to where they remain to this day. The unsuccessful break-in attempt in June 2000 did not get any copies of these chapbooks. There have been approximately 5 donated to Bangor public library since then. Therefore, only 80 copies were taken home from the event and 5 more have been purchased since then from the fundraisers. Of the 500, that is a very small number of copies in private hands.

The envelopes were all given out on the night and what made them unique is that the were covered with silver peace symbols that Michael hand stamped on the chapbooks. Some have 3, 4 or 5 as they were placed arbitrarily. Michael said that the reason this was done was because in the 60s, there was no rules to follow, you just did what ever you felt like. !

Also handed out at the party were:

-- A signed copy of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon ( in honor of the 25th anniversary of Carrie )
    -- The Peace Sign necklace in it's original box with bow on top

-- A Stapled (4 page) 25 question Trivia Quiz

Pictures of several quizzes are at the site.

Were TGWLTG books 2nd printings, or was that from The Haven Foundation sale?
    Can we back this bus up...where did 500 come from ?
    Tomas from SKCOLLECTOR sent this as a response to my question above:

It's been years since I made the Rap Page, I'll have to dig thru my saved e-mails and see if I can find the context in which this was sent to me. However I can tell you that the number of copies (500) is listed in "Stephen King Collectibles: an Illustrated Price Guide" by George Beahm. Beahm also lists 24 proof copies in addition to the 500.

The way I read it is 500 copies were made with 150 prepped for the party, however only 108 people showed up so only 108 books were handed out; leaving 392 copies.
    As far as the 80 copies taken home, 80 would have been the maximum taken home. (108-28 = 80)

Although I'd always prefer to confirm numbers/events with multiple people it's not always possible. If I wind up getting conflicting news I normally pull the info untill I can get a better determination of who is right. At this point though the info doesn't conflict with anything I've seen and the numbers make sense.

Thank you Tomas !!!
    Last edited by Chooch; 02-11-2009 at 09:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Damn, that sucks!

Is it the only copy???

That's the only known issue. I've been looking everywhere, and once i even thought i'd get one, but the seller (which is a company gathering archives of newspaper) got back to me saying that they didnt have it anymore...

The information have been published so there are no reasons to hide it, especially since that it would maybe help to find another copy.
    It was in the french Cosmopolitan, issue #32, july 1976.
    My mistake : i've just checked and this is not the first ever french King appearance, as the book was published in april. But still.

There's no reason to think anyone would hide it, but someone could have it and not know that it was anything special. Maybe one day one will turn up and you'll be lucky. Thanks for posting it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Stressed

Nice haul, Wiz!. Thats impressive. Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the remaques.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    You've lived in Scotland for a while! Were you not tought to "do a runner"? i.e steal it, and run out the door.
    LOL! In Scotland, I've worked in a wine shop... never had to deal with a runner lol (I admit : i was living in glasgow lol).
    and I am an honnest guy ;-)

Tempted, but unfortunately i live too far away from the National Library.. and they have my details so would be stupid... But I plann to go to live in Paris from september
    But if i was able to find a copy in a smaller library, there are chances that i would accidentally lose it...

That reminds me (on TDT i guess) a member that had a dilemma about a deluxe Joe Hill book found at the local library... Dunno what he finally did lol

Country
    Country Flag

Yes very nice indeed Wiz...heres hoping that the next two both have a sweet remarque

+ Reply to Thread
Page 166 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 266 666 1166 ... LastLast