Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 215 265 665 1165 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 32426

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Juliana! A GREAT acquisition!

I've got a photocopy of the quiz. I'd never heard of the box, though. Another thing to add to the list of things I'm looking for!

John

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is the latest and greatest ( Wife is going to divorce me)

Small pic is the number line 1-9 Omnibus
    Last edited by Chooch; 02-08-2009 at 09:51 AM. Reason: detail
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

cant read, it's too small : what is it?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Something new I received today :

On The Collector's site, the complete Rap package also include " The Peace Sign necklace in it's original box with bow on top", besides the quiz and the signed book. Does anyone here own the box or have seen one before?. I have never seen it.
    Yes I have the complete package. I have the only original quiz that I know of.
    If it's not too much trouble, would you mind posting a picture of the box?. I am curious as to what it looks like.

Congrats, Chooch. That's a nice looking book.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Something new I received today :

On The Collector's site, the complete Rap package also include " The Peace Sign necklace in it's original box with bow on top", besides the quiz and the signed book. Does anyone here own the box or have seen one before?. I have never seen it.
    Yes I have the complete package. I have the only original quiz that I know of.
    I've got an original quiz that came from Jack Ketchum's table with some of the questions answered (many are answered wrongly, which surprised me).

I've never had the necklace, though.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Sam--how did I know to expect Carrie on that list? Haha. Of course I'd say I'm very envious of your collection if those are the only 3 you need!

Cooch--well done!! I've been idly looking for one in my price range for some time
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the necklace, signed TG book, rap, envelope etc except for the box. Mine came from a woman who was at the event and had no idea how expensive the item was when I bought it. It was not cheap, mind you, but she was surprised how high it would go.
    Would love to see the box!

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

...Received the proof for He Is Legend. I don't collect King proofs anymore, but I am already a Club 99 member (although I'm starting to get angry that the chapbooks seem to be disapearing), and I get the proofs. So getting a proof with King and Hill is just gravy.
    Geoff

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I got this in yesterday from a seller in Ireland (What the heck was it doing over there?).

A review copy of SKELETON CREW with promotional materials laid in. I don't recall ever seeing one of these offered for sale. I suspect it is not incredibly rare but perhaps uncommon. I didn't have one in my collection and am pretty happy to add this.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post

Hey Chooch, Im happy that you are the one who bought my book !!! Its really in excellent shape, and I want you all to know he beat me up on the price of it...lol. Just Kidding, it was a good offer and I hope you take good care of it because I will miss it....lol

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I got this in yesterday from a seller in Ireland (What the heck was it doing over there?).

A review copy of SKELETON CREW with promotional materials laid in. I don't recall ever seeing one of these offered for sale. I suspect it is not incredibly rare but perhaps uncommon. I didn't have one in my collection and am pretty happy to add this.

Nice one Bob!

Begs the question to John and Mike....do you have this one or no?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher View Post

Hey Chooch, Im happy that you are the one who bought my book !!! Its really in excellent shape, and I want you all to know he beat me up on the price of it...lol. Just Kidding, it was a good offer and I hope you take good care of it because I will miss it....lol
    Hi Rusher...happy to see you are a member here...very cool I hope you continue to post and just look around. Alot of amazing people on this site. Yes the bbok will have a very nice home, I've already got a spot cleared in the bookcase for it. I've no doubt that its a nice copy, I also bought the ARC of Hearts in Atlantis which was a beautiful copy. Unfortunatly I've decided not to pursue the Proof's (just sticking with the 1/1 and s/l's). You can check out my collection (from last year) in the collections thread if you wish. I must say that it has grown considerably since then......

Nice grab Bob

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice acquisition Bob, and same for Chooch, I only have the first UK edition of The Bachman Books and the first US paperback. I'm still looking for an affordable edition myself.
    Geoff

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Nice acquisition Bob, and same for Chooch, I only have the first UK edition of The Bachman Books and the first US paperback. I'm still looking for an affordable edition myself.
    Sign me up for an affordable copy too! I really need to upgrade mine.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Nice one Bob!

Not me. I didn't even know it existed. I'd like one!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[quote=wizardsrainbow;335916]

Nice one Bob!

What the heck... John and Mike, what about about Dave?
    Yes...many of my firsts come with review materials. It was a focus of mine years ago.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    I have the necklace, signed TG book, rap, envelope etc except for the box. Mine came from a woman who was at the event and had no idea how expensive the item was when I bought it. It was not cheap, mind you, but she was surprised how high it would go.
    Here you go...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

wo wo wo..

What's the story behind that? I remember that King gave the story in a party and very few picked it, but the box? the necklace? Girl who loved tom Gordon?

What am I missing?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    wo wo wo..

What's the story behind that? I remember that King gave the story in a party and very few picked it, but the box? the necklace? Girl who loved tom Gordon?

What am I missing?
    I am with Ari on this...Tom Gordon? I knew about NLR, neclace, envelope and also the quiz'es but not TG.......

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Here you go...
    I heard that each of the tables at the party were named after a King book. Hence, your copy of the test has the heading "The Stand" since the participants were sitting at the table named "The Stand." My copy of the quiz is from the "Misery" table and has that at the top of the page.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

From Stephenkkingcollector:
    The Rap was given out at the 25th Anniversary of Carrie on April 6, 1999. The guest list had 120 invitees and Stephen had asked Michael Alpert (designer) to prepare 150 signed copies (non-sequential order) in case there were more needed on the night. 108 people turned up as a few could not make it.

Approximately 28-42 copies were left on the table and thrown out by staff that night. None were recovered from trash. Stephen was so disgusted that drunk guests did this, that he took the remaining 380+ copies and placed them in his office safe in Bangor, to where they remain to this day. The unsuccessful break-in attempt in June 2000 did not get any copies of these chapbooks. There have been approximately 5 donated to Bangor public library since then. Therefore, only 80 copies were taken home from the event and 5 more have been purchased since then from the fundraisers. Of the 500, that is a very small number of copies in private hands.

The envelopes were all given out on the night and what made them unique is that the were covered with silver peace symbols that Michael hand stamped on the chapbooks. Some have 3, 4 or 5 as they were placed arbitrarily. Michael said that the reason this was done was because in the 60s, there was no rules to follow, you just did what ever you felt like. !

Also handed out at the party were:

-- A signed copy of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon ( in honor of the 25th anniversary of Carrie )
    -- The Peace Sign necklace in it's original box with bow on top

-- A Stapled (4 page) 25 question Trivia Quiz

Pictures of several quizzes are at the site.

Were TGWLTG books 2nd printings, or was that from The Haven Foundation sale?

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool thanks RF...now I wonder if those copies that sai King has live along side of people, places and things ? Do you think that by now he realizes how sought after those are?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

..now I wonder if those copies that sai King has live along side of people, places and things ? Do you think that by now he realizes how sought after those are?
    I think King is very aware of their value.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Were TGWLTG books 2nd printings, or was that from The Haven Foundation sale?

TGWLTG from THF were 2nd printings.

All of the other SK signed books from THF were 1st printings.

(Secret Windows was a BOMC)
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also have one of the Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon from the party. It's a signed first edition, first printing. I have a photocopy of The Stand quiz. I'd never heard of another (the ones pictured on the Collector's site are the four pages of The Stand one.)

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 215 265 665 1165 ... LastLast