Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 655 1155 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen-

AWESOME! Just awesome. I love them, especially the crow. As some of you know, I own the DT VII Whelan remarque that has 4 crows sitting in a tree with a pocket watch hanging from a limb. I pleaded with the former owner of that remarque (a site member who now posts rarely) to sell it to me because my family crest on my mothers side has 4 crows on it. So, in a long-winded way, I'm telling you that I have a soft spot for crows.

And Bob, sorry, no Golden Ticket, but isn't it wonderful to finally have it in hand. What do you think of the artwork? I ADORE it, but then again, I kinda worship Michael's artwork.

And to those that offered me hope...THANKS, I needed that. You are right, I do have a chance, 7 of them actually!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

27 left
    27? or 37? or 47?

By the way..can you take a larger pic? I would love to see the details!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post

I wanted 2121, cause 21 is my number, and opened it to this!!!!
    Guess it really is my number!

And a present from the Boss
    Congratulations, Karen! So you have two books with a drawing in each? I'm not sure what the second book is. There is no number but a drawing of a crow? Is that a pc copy?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

um, i can post a link to the site it's hosted on...

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4139/sdc10746je0.jpg
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

SWEET!! THANKS!!

I WANT ONE!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Wow, Karen! What a find! That number is definitely lucky for you.

Why 27 left though. Wiz said that Michael told him he did around 50 total.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's Karen's, many thanks for posting these btw.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

He said that he did 30, I thought he did....I am too lazy to go look...Wiz???
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Last I heard it was 50ish.

Congrats Karen.

Two golden tickets for you.

I hate you.

p.s. I just sent Tomas from stephenkingcollector.com an email asking him if he is going to start a page on his site devoted to TLSOE remarques like he did with DT7....hope he does.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post

I wanted 2121, cause 21 is my number, and opened it to this!!!!
    Guess it really is my number!

And a present from the Boss

wooow! Congrats Karen! Can we see bigger pictures?

And what is the present from the boss???
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Karen-

AWESOME! Just awesome. ....
    And Bob, sorry, no Golden Ticket, but isn't it wonderful to finally have it in hand. What do you think of the artwork? I ADORE it, but then again, I kinda worship Michael's artwork.

And to those that offered me hope...THANKS, I needed that. You are right, I do have a chance, 7 of them actually!
    Well to tell you the truth the artwork is simply amazing!

I must confess that I had other motives for purchasing two copies - I have three children in college right now and the 4th getting married. Money is tight to say the least. I was hoping beyond hope that I would get an awesome remarque and that I could use that copy and its increased value to purchase / bargain for another DT book. You see there are only two SK books that I do not have first editions and one in particular The Gunslinger I have wanted since I learned of its existence in the Pet Semetery First Ed HB. I just can't payout the going prices that I see for a First Gunslinger.

So, the wait / search continues and I will most likely sell on eof my AE editions. Not sure if I should hold on to it for a while or what - thinking about that now!

Anyway, David you have 7 shots at it - thats 3.5 times the chance that I had - I hope you get one of the golden tickets! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Anyway, David you have 7 shots at it - thats 3.5 times the chance that I had - I hope you get one of the golden tickets! :-)
    Presuming there is no "cherry picking", and the drawings are "blindly" done before the books were numbered, each person that receives one has a 50/5,000 (roughly equals 1/1,00) chance of receiving a remarque.
    Buying seven books gives one seven 1/000 chances.

Default Remarques

Here you go karen:

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow
    When I was with Michael and Audrey last weekend, I pressed again for more information on the remarques he did in some of the AE editions of LSOE. This information is as detailed as Michael can remember.

In total, he did close to 50 remarques.

About 30 of them were of the Man in Black and were actually painted into the books (photos again attached as an example).

Of the remaining 20 or so, some he did in pencil, some in pen and ink and a few in sepia ink. He did not say what images these other 20 were other than he did some skulls. No clue if he did any of the Little Sisters themselves or what. I can tell you (as I have seen the book and all the artwork) that his images of the Little Sisters are gruesome.

My Mood
    Lurking

OOpsie, I knew there was a 30 involved in there somewhere! LOL Ok, so then there are 47 left.
    I think Jay stands a good chance at getting one, since he's ordering 26 AEs! LOL

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Huge congrats, Karen!! Like John, I know I have to wait since I ordered both, but I just can't wait!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Much congratulations Karen. Much congratulations indeed.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

So is Bob the only person to get his so far today?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Karen, congratulations on your two Whelan sketchy-doodled LSOEs. I'm very happy for you!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Karen, congratulations on your two Whelan sketchy-doodled LSOEs. I'm very happy for you!
    Yay, it's catching on

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Karen, very nice!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright.

BOB, it's friday...any news about that new jewel you're going to receive?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Alright.

No. I'll check with the seller and see if he has shipped yet.

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Alright.

No. I'll check with the seller and see if he has shipped yet.
    I don't even collect King anymore and I am intrigued.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Indeed!

I just received this...

The seller was the same guy I got the FAITHFUL HAT from.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 655 1155 ... LastLast