Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 653 1153 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 32420

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also agree. I've got two, one I opened (#156) and the other I'm leaving in the shrinkwrap, mainly because of the sticker that's on the front.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    How many of these prototypes were done? If more than one, do they have different check notations?
    To my knowledge only one three bullet prototype was done. It was listed for years on Barry Levine's website and his description said it was a unique book.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And for the S/L prototype that I own, it says 1 of 1 on the check, so I'd say one of each.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

David, does your prototype differ from Bob's?

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    David, does your prototype differ from Bob's?

John
    Yes, Bob's is the Winchester bullet Lettered version. The S/L is the Toy Box version. Here is what the listing by Barry Levin said at the time I purchased the book:

New York: Dutton & Co.Inc., 1996. Hard Cover in Fine Slipcase (Our Top Grade)/Not Issued in Dust Jacket. Prototype for First American Edition, Numbered State. Signed by Author's Pseudonym. This copy is the very first copy made. It was put together by hand to see how the production-run copies would look. This copy is different from all the other copies in the following ways: The author's name on the spine of the book is slightly off-center to the left (corrected for the production run) and the illustration for the lid of the box was affixed with cold glue (the production run being done with hot glue) and thus has a slightly different look. The tipped-in check is designated "PC" (which is the rarest state of the checks). A holograph note at the top of the check reads, "PROTOTYPE BOOK AND BOX 1/1". The check is signed by King using his Richard Bachman pseudonym. (Since Bachman is supposed to have passed away, an "old signed check" has been tipped into this book to provide an autograph). The book's box is designed to look like a box for a new toy car or truck. Fine in box (not issued in dust jacket). This is a one-of-a-kind prototype.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I guess I had forgotten there were prototypes of both editions.

John

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Barry got a nice price from both me and Gunkslinger at the time. The Lettered prototype was listed at $10,000 (as I recall) and the S/L at $2,000.

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

When I sold my lettered Firestarter I talked to the buyer on the phone, he was from Salt Lake City, he asked me what else I had left and I told him about the lettered prototype, and he replied "Oh so you have one of them" Seems to imply there was more than one.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gunkslinger View Post
    When I sold my lettered Firestarter I talked to the buyer on the phone, he was from Salt Lake City, he asked me what else I had left and I told him about the lettered prototype, and he replied "Oh so you have one of them" Seems to imply there was more than one.
    I just got confirmation from Joe Stefko of Charnel House that there was only one "3 bullet prototype."

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I just got confirmation from Joe Stefko of Charnel House that there was only one "3 bullet prototype."
    Perhaps there is a different prototype? Or this individual was under the same false assumption/idea that was here?

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Perhaps there is a different prototype? Or this individual was under the same false assumption/idea that was here?
    I don't know. You could get the definitive answer from Joe. I thought that is what I did?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know. You could get the definitive answer from Joe. I thought that is what I did?
    I'm not debating you Bob, I'm just musing that this individual may have gotten his information from this thread.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=1125

I'm not debating you Bob, I'm just musing that this individual may have gotten his information from this thread.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=1125
    I didn't see anything on this link except Jerome's description of the lettered edition and some pictures I sent him of one of my copies. If there was discussion of prototypes I didn't see it.

Are you hypothesizing that Charnel House may have done a 2 bullet or a 5 bullet prototype? I guess I am confused.

Oh, now I see that Jerome says there are "at least two lettered prototypes." I don't know where that came from. Maybe we could ask Jerome to verify or clarify?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, now I see that Jerome says there are "at least two lettered prototypes." I don't know where that came from. Maybe we could ask Jerome to verify or clarify?
    Yes, that is what I was referring to. Jerome any ideas?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is my mistake, and should read "One lettered and one S/L prototype are known to exist".

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

okay totally busting into the conversation here but as promised here are the pictures of my previous acquisitions. AND i got my first ever signed stephen king book today. because of the generosity of tippy4 i was able to make payments on it and i picked it up today. so here goes:

russian edition of bag of bones

russian edition of rose madder

hungarian edition of 'salem's lot (gift from ves'ka gan, my ka-sister)

u.s. edition of bag of bones - SIGNED (and with a nifty dustjacket cover at no additional charge i might add!)

signature page

closeup of signature page

yeah i know this is a long ass post and i'm a freak but OH MY GOD. my first ever signed stephen king book. and it's one of my favorite books ever!!!!!!! and i have it. right there on my book shelf beside the ARC and the 10th anniversary edition.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

turtlesong - WAY AWESOME !! Congratulations !!!!!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

really nice and unusual items, congrats!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

TRES COOL turtlesong!!!!! Tres Cool.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Look out ....turtlesong is totally hooked now

Congratulations on the very nice aquirments...
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WTG turtlesong and a big to tippy for helping make it happen! I love this damned site.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, turtlesong! Congratulations!

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the first of what will hopefully be many signed King books!

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Had a little present waiting for me on my doorstep today! My 2nd Edition Gunslinger (don't have a 1st . . . yet) signed and sketchy-doodled by Michael Whelan

Close up of the sketchy-doodle. "Ka is a circle..."

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweeeet...Congrats!
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 653 1153 ... LastLast