Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 648 1148 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I just received this today:

UK Danse Macabre

When going through some of my saved notes, I found this from an auction by shibus back in 2006:

"Danse Macabre" Written by Stephen King and Published in 1981 by MacDonald. True UK First Edition as Stated on the Copyright page and Lacking a Number Sequence. One of only 600 Copies. A Very Low First Printing for any SK book and matched only with the UK Carrie. Book is N/Fine with Straight Spine, Sharp Corners and Bright Gold Lettering. 3 small Circles in Red ink on the FFEP. Dust Jacket is VG with Small amount of Chipping to Head and Heel of Spine, 1 1/2" V Shaped tear to Top rear and Minor wear along flaps and edges. Protected in Mylar cover.
    I was amazed to see that he said there were only 600 copies of this produced. Is this correct? The auction I won says 1000 copies.

John
    John -

I'm glad you won that one. I was watching it, crossing my fingers for you, but then couldn't check with the new privacy stuff on eBay!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Eric. Looks like I got a pretty good deal, too! I never realized how few copies had been done.

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt-

I am so happy that you are pleased, and it was great fun to do this for you. And, your wife is adorable. Kinda hard to resist a request from Dora.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi my friends!!

I'm still in the south of the country, spending wonderful days here

Congratulations to all for the astonishing adquisitions and presents! You can see that love is all around

Take care and I miss posting here. I barely can check emails...

Best!
    Ari
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ups...double post.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, congratulations on your 1st edition W&G! And a bonus ARC? Sweet! Love the story behind it all too.

John, congrats. Sounds like a nice acquisition. Whatever the exact print run, it's small.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My local comic shop held a charity auction that ended last night. I won the following:

Color Variants for:
    Gunslinger Born #1
    Treachery #1, #2, #3
    The Stand Captain Trips #1, #2, #3

Sketch Variants for:
    Gunslinger Born #6, #7
    The Long Road Home #2, #4, #5

All-in donation: $72. No sales tax, no shipping.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those were some great buys! Congratulationss!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Very nice Matt! Congrats! David rocks! Which others do you need to complete a set of 1st/1st? I too am on the same hunt, but with a little variation, and W&G is the last one I need to get.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

John - Awesome!

Matt - So very cool !!!!! Dora's a keeper!

Patrick - Great comics and for charity! Way to go!

Wiz - You little Santa's helper you!!

Congrats all !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

received from Mrs. Claus yesterday- you know who you are girl,much love.
    1- Just After Sunset 1st Signed
    2- DTV Wolves ARC
    3- DT VI Susannah ARC
    4- US Heart Shaped Box ARC Signed
    5- UK Heart Shaped Box ARC Signed
    6- US 20TH Century Ghosts ARC Signed
    7- Locke + Key #5 Signed

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

HO HO HO

Glad the damn thing finally made it there. It's only been almost two months!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Gay

Lots of Santa's helpers this year! I love it !

Congrats !

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Woooo!!We all really scored lately! Congrats to everyone!
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pickle View Post
    I just recived this 40X30 inch 1408 Movie Quad Poster, brand new

Beautiful! I just bought the DVD last week. One of my favorite adaptations.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Happy to

My wife decided this year she would try and find me a collectible King book without having any idea what I wanted. Assuming anything Dark Tower would work, she contacted David. They have met on two occasions and she just loves him.

She had heard me say one time that I would love to own all the first editions of The Dark Tower books so that must have been where she started.

You should have seen my face when I opened the box and looked up at her. She giggled and laughed, rolling this way and that. I had no idea she would go to that kind of trouble to make this happen for me. Had it sent to the bank, her and her co-workers puzzled over what was so cool about it for a while.

I know both of these individuals (Dora and David) are among the highest caliber humans I have ever met but I was still taken back by the generosity and work on my behalf. Just the best Christmas ever on every level. I showed my grand daughter the book knowing someday maybe I could give it to her.

David also through in this amazing extra which I have seen before. It has been donated for giveaway two years running and I always wanted one. So when I saw it, that was when the maniacal laughter started.

Such a cool story!!!! I love both of those editions of W&G. It's my fave DT book to look at.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I received my copy of Gunpowder By Joe Hill #139, I really love Vincent Chongs art.

Also a copy of Gunslinger Born Book Market Variant, thanks to Pam for alerting me to something I had missed

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear that GUNPOWDER arrived, Dave.

If you hear of another copy of that BMV, please let me know as I guess I need it too... now that I know it exists.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    Today I received my copy of Gunpowder By Joe Hill #139, I really love Vincent Chongs art.

Also a copy of Gunslinger Born Book Market Variant, thanks to Pam for alerting me to something I had missed
    Congrats on the book and the BMV !!! Woowhoo !!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Glad to hear that GUNPOWDER arrived, Dave.

If you hear of another copy of that BMV, please let me know as I guess I need it too... now that I know it exists.
    Patrick - I see a couple at eBay right now. Including two CGC graded 9.8.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got the BMV, too - thanks, Pam!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    ... If you hear of another copy of that BMV, please let me know as I guess I need it too... now that I know it exists.
    Patrick - I see a couple at eBay right now. Including two CGC graded 9.8.
    Thanks, Pam, I'll go look. I'm just looking for a nice copy, I don't necessarily need CGC-graded. Doesn't CGC = $$$$$?

My Mood
    Gay

Congrats Gretchen! Well done.

Patrick - Yup. CGC for the BMV costs dough for sure. Usually more than a hundred for a 9.8, not uncommon at all. The cheapest I've seen them is for about $70.00.

ETA: Right now, the hardest thing to find CGC'd at 9.8 is the 3rd Printing of Gunslinger Born 1 - this cover :

Or at least it seems to to me!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

SWEET! I have in hand a Publisher's Copy of LSOE (AE edition), a gift last night from Michael and Audrey! NOT remarqued! Pics tomorrow and an update on what he remembers about the remarques he did...about 50 in all.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool of them Dave. Very cool indeed.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    SWEET! I have in hand a Publisher's Copy of LSOE (AE edition), a gift last night from Michael and Audrey! NOT remarqued! Pics tomorrow and an update on what he remembers about the remarques he did...about 50 in all.
    Excellent! I guess you were able to work in a visit with them then over your vacation. Any updates on if they plan to offer any copies of the book via their webstore?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 648 1148 ... LastLast