Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 142 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 242 642 1142 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I could buy an identical necklace in any number of shops here, but I don't want one.
    How identical?
    Exactly the same. The ones issued with RAP were very common. Google "peace necklace" and you will get thousands of choices.
    As I've said before, my Rap came with the original necklace, but I lack the envelope. I could have one made, but that would be cheating.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I could buy an identical necklace in any number of shops here, but I don't want one.
    How identical?
    Exactly the same. The ones issued with RAP were very common. Google "peace necklace" and you will get thousands of choices.
    I was told someone from King's office (Marsha perhaps) went out and bought them very cheaply from some store just prior to the party in New York. I have always thought an identical necklace could be had if one would just do some searching.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    As I've said before, my Rap came with the original necklace, but I lack the envelope. I could have one made, but that would be cheating.
    No two envelopes are the same. They were hand stamped and the number and placing of the stamps is random.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A very, very nice purchase, Mr. R.T. I have the Rap and the necklace but no envelope either. I also have the signed copy of Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon that was distributed at the party, in addition to a color photcopy of the quiz that was done then.

I don't have a s/l Pretty Pony because I think it's WAY overpriced and not very good looking at all.

John

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wiz - I love my French import HC DT comics as well. They're very cool.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    A very, very nice purchase, Mr. R.T. I have the Rap and the necklace but no envelope either. I also have the signed copy of Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon that was distributed at the party, in addition to a color photcopy of the quiz that was done then.

I don't have a s/l Pretty Pony because I think it's WAY overpriced and not very good looking at all.

John
    The outside is not that attractive but that was by design. The inside is extremely well done and very rich feeling. The paper they used (I don't recall what it is right now) is the stuff that very expensive lithographs are done on. You know as you turn the pages that you are feeling very expensive paper. Even looking at the printed words you know you are looking at a book that was painstakingly put together. I think it is a heck of a book but it just didn't resonate that much with King fans. Maybe it was a bigger hit with the artsy crowd.

There are also large sheets of some material (linen, maybe?) between each of the lithographic illustrations. I think it was to prevent colors from transferring to the next page and maybe to aborb moisture and to protect. Really first class production.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Is the Rap solitary, or did you get the envelope and/or peace sign necklace.
    Includes the envelope (with 5 stamps), but not the necklace. I could buy an identical necklace in any number of shops here, but I don't want one.
    I'd bet similar ...but not identical.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    How identical?
    I was told someone from King's office (Marsha perhaps) went out and bought them very cheaply from some store just prior to the party in New York. I have always thought an identical necklace could be had if one would just do some searching.
    A few years ago I bought some Lt's Rap items from Kathy Bates personal assistant. She attended the party. She told me she admired the necklaces so much and wanted a couple for her daughters She asked King's office where they were obtained and managed to get the last few they had. I managed to get the contact info from her. I tried to see if any others could be gotten. As it turns out they were custom made and there were none to be had.

http://www.purplegracecrafts.com/

I had a few Lt's Rap w/o the necklace. I was never able to find exact matches for the pendant, chain and clasps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    How identical?
    A few years ago I bought some Lt's Rap items from Kathy Bates personal assistant. She attended the party. She told me she admired the necklaces so much and wanted a couple for her daughters She asked King's office where they were obtained and managed to get the last few they had. I managed to get the contact info from her. I tried to see if any others could be gotten. As it turns out they were custom made and there were none to be had.

http://www.purplegracecrafts.com/

I had a few Lt's Rap w/o the necklace. I was never able to find exact matches for the pendant, chain and clasps.
    I don't doubt your story. I certainly have no insider info. But Stu at Betts told me someone from King's office went to some inexpensive store like a TG&Y or other five and dime and bought a bunch of them. Inexpensive costume jewelry is the way he described it. I've never had one in my possession so I am only going on what I was told.

It's funny how stories get started and propagate. I suspect the necklaces were a bit nicer than dime store jewelry and the version Dave heard sounds more probable.

Country
    Country Flag

It's funny how stories get started and propagate. I suspect the necklaces were a bit nicer than dime store jewelry and the version Dave heard sounds more probable.
    It's more than just me hearing the story. When I contacted PurpleGrace they knew all about the Rap party and confirmed they were the source of the necklace. One the items I received from Kathy Bates assistant was one of the peace sign pendants w/o necklace she was able to obtain. It was an exact match to the pendant in my complete Rap set. Inside the small box that held the pendant was a small business card from PurpleGrace.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent acquisitions, RT! If you get bored with any of it, my address is in the Blue Hell thread.

What are you going to do with the S/L My Pretty Pony? Mine is on the floor since it doesn't fit on any shelf that I have.
    Mine is also on the floor. It would never fit on any shelf and its not pretty enough to display. IMO.
    Mine's in it's shipping box leaning against the end of a bookcase. I've often thought about replacing the clock batteries and displaying it, but even tho it IS an art piece of sorts, it's just way to big and heavy to do much with.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Damn, Gretchen beat me to it!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Mine's in it's shipping box leaning against the end of a bookcase. I've often thought about replacing the clock batteries and displaying it, but even tho it IS an art piece of sorts, it's just way to big and heavy to do much with.
    I replaced the battery in mine when I first got it several years ago, set the clock and displayed it for quite a while. The battery eventually wore down and I just took it out and did not replace it. I had this (probably irrational) fear that a dead battery may eventually leak fluid and damage the book.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I received (thanks to one of our illustrious members here) the Centipede Press' Salem's Lot "book block" (which is a set of unbound pages of the book) and the set of photographs that was offered separately. Even unbound, this is a massive item.

John

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats John, im so jeliouse.
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Received these this week...

My Pretty Pony - Signed/Limited
    New Lieutenant's Rap - Signed/Limited
    The Gunslinger - Grant 1st/1st
    Carrie - US proof
    Just After Sunset - UK Limited Edition x 2

So it was YOU that outbid me on the NLR!.

Nice purchase anyway. Congrats.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    So it was YOU that outbid me on the NLR!.
    Sorry J.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Today I received (thanks to one of our illustrious members here) the Centipede Press' Salem's Lot "book block" (which is a set of unbound pages of the book) and the set of photographs that was offered separately. Even unbound, this is a massive item.

John
    Great acquisition John. Congratulations.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice haul, Mr. RT!

While I don't own a NLR, I've certainly enjoyed the discussion regarding the true origin of the peace sign necklaces.

Congrats on your book block, John, and on your French DT comics, Wiz.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'm happy to say that my S/L Cujo, #595 finally arrived from the UK.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, blg! That's a good acquisition!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Nice! Any pics of it?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I finally scored the ever elusive BOOK MARKET VARIANT of Gunslinger Born # 1.
    This is a hard to find 9.8 CGC Graded comic and one I've been hunting for.
    It was not sold in stores, and was a premium for comic shops.

The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Turtlex, that is a sweet comic.
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Received these this week...

My Pretty Pony - Signed/Limited
    New Lieutenant's Rap - Signed/Limited
    The Gunslinger - Grant 1st/1st
    Carrie - US proof
    Just After Sunset - UK Limited Edition x 2
    Man, do you have a money tree growing in your backyard?

MPP S/L and NLR S/L are on my wish list. ...one day perhaps.

I just won this:

Unique Stephen King Autograph

Seems like a real signature, and the price was right.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 142 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 242 642 1142 ... LastLast