Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 636 1136 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by batsker View Post
    Wasn't sure where to post this, but wanted to show it off. Custom drawing by Glenn Chadbourne. Until I got this, I hadn't read Rose Madder yet, so I had no clue what story it was from. Glad I got this, because I really liked the story, and I probably wouldn't have read it for a while otherwise.
    Viva ze bool!

Nice drawing.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That drawing is really really nice.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    french Heart Shaped Box

can someone please refresh my memory : what's the matter with that clock? :s
    I'm not a Joe Hill reader/collector but from what I have seen others post I think that is a volume control knob rather than a clock....turned up REAL LOUD!!
    Volume control knob turned up loud is correct. My copy is signed to me with "Hey Ralph, Let's here it for Sex, Horror, & Rock & Roll" with a volume knob cranked to 10.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Are you sure it's not cranked up to ELEVEN?
    Hey, that's MY book!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, batsker! I don't, as a rule, much like Chadbourne's drawings, but I like that one!

John

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well my Heart Shape Box Japanese Promo sheet (pic on previouse page) turned up today, in mint condition and well packaged. So i must wholey recomend the seller. His name is albiontillwedie and he sells eastern european movie promo, including tickets and flyers and programs.
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received my deluxe and trade editions of The Tales of Beedle the Bard! Yeah!!!

John

I've opened the deluxe edition and it has to be one of the most lavish productions I've ever seen. The book itself is small with a silk bookmark, and has a raised metal design on the covers with blue or green (I can't tell with the lighting I have) "jewels" enclosed within and a metal clasp. It is enclosed in a purple felt bag with gold-colored drawstrings and Rowling's signature sewn in gold thread. This is all set within a very large traycase (about the size of the box for the s/l Uncut Stand) that seems to be made of faux leather with designs etched on the cover and spine. A packet of illustrations (Collector's Edition Prints) is also included in the front cover of the traycase.

Here's the illustration from the Amazon website:

John

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

John - Thanks for the Beedle update. I ordered one for my girlfriend for Christmas, so won't be opening it at all. I also got her one of the standard editions, so she can read it and not worry about wrecking a collectible.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I ordered a copy of the deluxe and regular edition a couple of days ago and got word today that they are shipping the regular edition. Apparently they are out of stock of the deluxe edition?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I read somewhere they produced 100,000 copies of the deluxe edition. It boggles the mind that they'd all sell that quickly. I noticed that they are still available according to the website.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0956010903/ref=amb_link_82813911_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_r d_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=12AZRFZJHZB7HX4W9QA1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_ rd_p=465272731&pf_rd_i=0545128285"]Amazon.com: The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Collector's Edition (Offered Exclusively by Amazon): J. K. Rowling: Books[/ame]

John

My Mood
    Gay

Yup, according to the articles today, the Amazon exclusive is a 100,000 print run. I don't think it's a limited run though, so they will likely be printing more... however, does this mean that those of us who ordered and got ours already will have some kind of First/First collectors item?!?

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I ordered a copy of the deluxe and regular edition a couple of days ago and got word today that they are shipping the regular edition. Apparently they are out of stock of the deluxe edition?
    Clarification: I don't KNOW that they are out of stock of the deluxe edition. They didn't say that. I was just surprised that they weren't going to be shipped together. Maybe they are coming from different locations/warehouses?

My Mood
    Gay

Oh.
    I see.
    Well, mine shipped as two separate orders and I placed them at the exact same time. Two different boxes and everything, so likely they have a central depot for the Exclusive pricey one.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine were the same--ordered together, but shipped separately in different boxes and two different shipping announcements (and charged separately on my credit card, too). I got both together from UPS this morning.

John

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Wasn't sure where to post this, but wanted to show it off. Custom drawing by Glenn Chadbourne. Until I got this, I hadn't read Rose Madder yet, so I had no clue what story it was from. Glad I got this, because I really liked the story, and I probably wouldn't have read it for a while otherwise.

want want want

need need need

jealous jealous jealous

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic drawing, congrats

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Yup, according to the articles today, the Amazon exclusive is a 100,000 print run. I don't think it's a limited run though, so they will likely be printing more... however, does this mean that those of us who ordered and got ours already will have some kind of First/First collectors item?!?
    As I read the info originaly 100,000 was all that would be printed, no additional printings.

The book came out FANTASTIC I can't believe how beautiful it is, Amazon exceeded my expectations

My Mood
    Gay

Being the nice girlfriend that I am - I didn't open the Amazon Exclusive as I bought it for my girlfriend for Christmas. I wrapped it already, in the cardboard, and it's sort of driving me nuts !

I have a friend who is going to bring their copy to work on Monday and let me get a look and feel of it in person.

I will say - I was very impressed with the packaging that Amazon used. Very protective.

Wow, and what do you all think - is 100,000 total a lot or a little?! To me, for anything Harry, that doesn't seem like very many.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed, 100,000 of anything about Harry Potter seems fairly low. I've been reading the reviews on Amazon regarding the Collector's Edition and a few have commented on how they feel cheated for spending so much money for the edition. I think they "know not what they say".

John

I'm looking forward to getting the Collector's Edition of Beedle the Bard, although it is a Christmas gift for my daughter. I've heard really good things about it. I'm not sure how you can honestly feel cheated since the profits are going to a charity.

I did get confirmation from amazon.com that it has been shipped so there were no problems after all. Just shipping separately.

My Mood
    Gay

Hey All - My HarryPotterHead friend found this at Amazon. Apparently it is a limit of a MAXIMUM of 100,000 copies.

Per Amazon's agreement with the Children's High Level Group, Amazon may produce up to a maximum of 100,000 Collector's Edition copies.

( CHLG is JKR's charity which is getting the proceeds )

Oh, and my friend who got hers thinks it is gorgeous and now I'm thinking to maybe get another one, just to put away.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

so mr. rabbit trick was sending me a bookmark right?

WRONG!

he sent me:

*one bag of bone arc - in very good condition
    *one special stephen king issue of fantasy & science fiction (limited edition) - in mint condition
    *two special mr. rabbit trick bookmarks
    *a the dark tower the long road home bookmark

such generosity of spirit absolutely made my day! i can't even begin to tell you!

thank you mr. rabbit trick!

Country
    Country Flag

Wow amazing turtlesong.

What a really generous person Mr. Rabbit is. I know he helped me locat something that i had been looking for, for a long time.

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Country
    Country Flag

I got a UK Green Mile Promo Postcard

At a amazing price too (less then £1)

My Mood
    Gay

turtlesong and pickle - Congrats. Nice.

Mr.Trick Rabbit - Very sweet of you.

Ka Is A Wheel

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all - was out of town yesterday and am just catching up now...

Waiting for me when I got home was this....

S/L of Dolan's Cadillac. I was excited to get this one in my hands, but I gotta admit, it was kind of anti-climatic. Don't get me wrong, its a nice book, very clearly well made, it just didn't have that added punch I somehow expected it to.

EDIT: I was out of town to see Neil Young and Wilco live in concert. That my friends kicked ass! Once again, both of their live shows blew me away.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 636 1136 ... LastLast