Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 633 1133 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 32420

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That is fucking awesome!! Congratulations!!!!!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is what I considered to be the best painting for sale at IlluXcon. It went for the highest amount $900 which did not surprise me. It has MW written all over it as he is known for his dragons. Missed this one by $10.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

oy, i'm so envious of that drawing! another awsome Whelan take on Oy. Damn cool that he threw that in for you.

yea, i had been bidding on the same painting wiz won, but i only bid 175. my fav was the one of the woman sitting in the branches growing out of the guy's head. i agree that the dragon was the most Whelan-esque, but from looking at the pictures of the event, i believe the black, bat-faced creature was the one he started on first and was his base design.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

wow. oy and wiz congrats to you both!

see how well i kept the envy out of my voice?

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well guys, some light financial stress caused me to have to sell my S/L Firestarter. Thats the bad news. BUT - the good news, with the Canadian dollar so far in the shitter these days I was able to convert it into a S/L Dolan's Cadillac (my favourite King short story), and another book that I put a good offer in for and which I am almost 100% will get, plus $500 for Christmas!

So, a little disappointing to see it go, but I think I did well given the current King market, and that mixed with the CDN $$ made it a good time to sell.

Add in the two new books and Christmas flexibility, and I'm feeling pretty good.

Will post pictures when everything gets here.

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet pictures.

And well done taylor, sounds like a good deal.
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Country
    Country Flag

And as I expected, my offer was accepted on that other book.

So Firestarter for Dolan's Cadillac, a UK 1st of Danse Macabre and some Christmas flexibility.

I'm feeling good about the whole thing!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

A good deal is a good deal... and you're happy! Sounds right.

Congrats!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    And as I expected, my offer was accepted on that other book.

So Firestarter for Dolan's Cadillac, a UK 1st of Danse Macabre and some Christmas flexibility.

I'm feeling good about the whole thing!
    Nice one Eric. Congratulations.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I got one of those Just Like Sunset Odyssey copies that everyone has been getting. It's the first signed King book I think I've got since a signed Duma Key. It's been a while.
    Geoff

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Geoff, did you get the regular trade or the collector's edition?

John

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Geoff, did you get the regular trade or the collector's edition?

John
    I just went for the regular trade. The collector's was a little too pricey for me.
    Geoff

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright

6 days prior it's publication, I have the Tales of Beedle the Bard.

The spanish HC.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Alright

6 days prior it's publication, I have the Tales of Beedle the Bard.

The spanish HC.
    The limited edition?

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

There's no limited edition in spanish.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Gay

Oh. Sorry. Figured there was two, like Amazon is selling.

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

the amazon ce is the only one outside of the trade edition iirc. but at a run of 100,000 and the fact that the only part that replicates her handwritten copies is the intro (the rest is in a standard type font), i'm starting to doubt if it's worth the $100 the are asking. but at least it's going to charity. i'm keeping my order for the trade, but i cancelled my order for the CE in favor of another LSoE AE. Better value imo.

Country
    Country Flag

I got a H/B first edition "Lisey's Story" from a discount book shop called "The Works" for £3.99 or about $6.00.

Im so happy Deal of the month.

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!! I love those inexpensive finds! They make my day & make my beau very happy
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Country
    Country Flag

Just for confimation, i did check in the correct place first but its a UK edition so its different, is this defenetly a first edition or something even better like a first run of a first edition (if there is such a thing) The tag line on the page is just "first edition"

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe first first?? I wouldn't know much about the UK ones, but I am under the impression the US firsts of Lisey's story say "First Edition" and have a number line??

I just noticed the little guide I keep only has a blank line for Lisey's Story.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Country
    Country Flag

This one doesnt have a number line at all just the words "first edition"

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pickle View Post
    This one doesnt have a number line at all just the words "first edition"
    Its a 1st/1st, it'd state if it was a later printing.

Country
    Country Flag

sweet my first one, not bad for a cheep bookshop find, they had about 20 of them. must be worth more then £3.99

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just noticed my credit card got charged by Amazon for the Tales of Beedle the Bard books (yes, I ordered the trade and the special one). No notice from Amazon that they had shipped, though.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 183 233 633 1133 ... LastLast