Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 629 1129 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 32416

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

As you may know, Steve Sargent in the UK contacted the three artists for the Colorado Kid, and they agreed to do remarques in 1st trade editions for Steve to sell. Thanks to our own Ralph Mulleins who is Steve's first contact on this project and who alerted us to their existence. Steve first obtained I think 10 Miller remarques which he has nearly sold out of. Then he did a much larger undertaking, asking the three artists to do remarques in 26 books which Steve would then sell as Lettered sets.

Potter and Miller did quite a few different remarques for this program (Miller the most varied in terms of theme; Potter did mostly skulls but also several others), while Chadbourne basically did a lighthouse or an hourglass with subtle differences to each.

I purchased 2 Miller remarques to begin with, then when the Lettered sets became available, I purchased Letter A (Ralph I believe opted for Letter K as the first set sold). Then Steve purchased my partial DT set last Friday and paid me cash + another set of 3 remarques.

So, now I own 8 Colorado Kid remarques, images that I will now post. The first 2 are the original Miller ones I bought, the second set is Letter A and the third set are the new ones (Letter D) that are on the way. There are a few reasons why I chose the ones I did. First, living in the Northeast, I love lighthouses, so when I first saw Letter set A and Chadbourne's image of the lighthouse, I knew I wanted that set, whatever the two other artist images were. Then, when I got to pick 3 more images as partial payment for my ST sets, I thought it would be cool to have a Miller lighthouse as well. Also, since I had a Miller remarque of the dead guy leaning against the trash can on the beach, I chose a Potter version of the same image to match.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

Those are pretty cool

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice, David!

John

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice indeed!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    As you may know, Steve Sargent in the UK contacted the three artists for the Colorado Kid, and they agreed to do remarques in 1st trade editions for Steve to sell. Thanks to our own Ralph Mulleins who is Steve's first contact on this project and who alerted us to their existence. Steve first obtained I think 10 Miller remarques which he has nearly sold out of. Then he did a much larger undertaking, asking the three artists to do remarques in 26 books which Steve would then sell as Lettered sets.

Potter and Miller did quite a few different remarques for this program (Miller the most varied in terms of theme; Potter did mostly skulls but also several others), while Chadbourne basically did a lighthouse or an hourglass with subtle differences to each.

I purchased 2 Miller remarques to begin with, then when the Lettered sets became available, I purchased Letter A (Ralph I believe opted for Letter K as the first set sold). Then Steve purchased my partial DT set last Friday and paid me cash + another set of 3 remarques.

So, now I own 8 Colorado Kid remarques, images that I will now post. The first 2 are the original Miller ones I bought, the second set is Letter A and the third set are the new ones (Letter D) that are on the way. There are a few reasons why I chose the ones I did. First, living in the Northeast, I love lighthouses, so when I first saw Letter set A and Chadbourne's image of the lighthouse, I knew I wanted that set, whatever the two other artist images were. Then, when I got to pick 3 more images as partial payment for my ST sets, I thought it would be cool to have a Miller lighthouse as well. Also, since I had a Miller remarque of the dead guy leaning against the trash can on the beach, I chose a Potter version of the same image to match.

Damn it Dave, your two extra ahead of me. I only have 6 Colorado Kid books w/ remarque

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

So nice!! You guys are going to be a horrible influence on me & my bank account!
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I got signed copies of JUST AFTER SUNSET, both the trade and collectors edition today from The Odyssey Bookshop. Both came with event flyer from the signing and bookmark, both first printings.

Many thanks to jhanic for sending the link to me. Thanks, John!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the link if it hasn't been posted here before. The prices have crept up a bit since I ordered but they are still reasonable for guaranteed legit signatures.

http://www.odysseybks.com/kingorderform.html

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I had ordered a Collector's Edition, but received (and was charged for) a trade edition. (I already have a signed trade on the way.) I emailed them and Neil said there are still a few Collector's Editions available and he would be sending me one. A very honorable person!

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I had ordered a Collector's Edition, but received (and was charged for) a trade edition. (I already have a signed trade on the way.) I emailed them and Neil said there are still a few Collector's Editions available and he would be sending me one. A very honorable person!

John
    I ordered one of the Collector's Editions as well. I agree. Great price for a legit sig.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

David
    AWESOME remarques....this is me drooloing!

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Default Signed Just After Sunset

Thank you Bob for that link, I picked up both books
    for a very nice "combo" price. There won't be many
    of the collector's sets signed.
    Oh, I also received my "winning" proof of He is Legend!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I ordered one of the Collector's edition as well. Thanks for posting the info, Bob.

Actually, their price had decreased. I called them a few days after the signing and the regular signed trades was being offered at $250 by the bookstore. I was not aware that they had signed collector's editions. I guess the regular trade did not sell as well as expected.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I'm confused about what's being offered...

It's $175 for a signed first edition? (Which is a pretty good price).

It's $300 for a 'collector's set,' which is the signed first edition and a DVD of the event? So the DVD is $125? Is it also signed? Or is it a different edition?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Collector Set is a first edition with a DVD of the adaptation of "N". The DVD is in a slipcase bound into the back of the book. Additionally the dustjacket has "reversed" colors-orange on the front with black lettering, black on the back with orange lettering.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I'm confused about what's being offered...

It's $175 for a signed first edition? (Which is a pretty good price).

It's $300 for a 'collector's set,' which is the signed first edition and a DVD of the event? So the DVD is $125? Is it also signed? Or is it a different edition?
    I went for the signed collector's set for this reason:

I'm not sure how many of these are signed. I see the normal First Edition Just After Sunset pop up for sale on Ebay and other places. But the collectors set, I haven't seen signed until now.

Did anyone here go to the signing? Did they offer just the first edition or could you get the collectors edition signed? For some reason, I think the collectors edition was an Amazon exclusive. I haven't seen it local.

I sort of feel the collectors set is a first run type deal. We won't see it again in other editions. Could be wrong though.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received a signed copy of both the first trade edition and the collector's edition of Just After Sunset from the nice folks at Odyssey Bookshop.
    Thanks for John Hanic for alerting me-even though I was out of time at the time, the Blackberry came in handy and I bought the two books and all turned out well.
    I know there were not may collector's editions signed.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    For some reason, I think the collectors edition was an Amazon exclusive. I haven't seen it local.
    I had trouble locating a Collector's Edition locally also. I don't think all the stores got them, and, when I finally did locate them, the store had kept them in the back--not put them out on display. I picked up two (one for me and one for super-sam) at that time. This was at a Barnes & Noble. They had no discount on the Collector's Edition, although they offered 20% on the trade.

I've heard that Odyssey had about 40 copies of the signed Collector's Edition.

John

I think the signed Collectors Edition is going to turn out to be a VERY good deal. The signed regular edition.....less so.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    I went for the signed collector's set for this reason:

I'm not sure how many of these are signed. I see the normal First Edition Just After Sunset pop up for sale on Ebay and other places. But the collectors set, I haven't seen signed until now.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I've heard that Odyssey had about 40 copies of the signed Collector's Edition.
    John
    That is what I was told by the person at Odyssey.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I think the signed Collectors Edition is going to turn out to be a VERY good deal. The signed regular edition.....less so.
    I think (as usual) you will be spot on.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good information guys! Thanks

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just received for free:

Just After Sunset (regular HC edition)
    Bag of Bones 10th anniversary

and Just After Sunset Collectors Set Signed by King!!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I've just received for free:

Just After Sunset (regular HC edition)
    Bag of Bones 10th anniversary

and Just After Sunset Collectors Set Signed by King!!!!
    for free? free? Ari, you have become the King in this area. You must be a real sweet talker!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Congratulations, Ari. You get more free stuff than anyone I know.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks David and Bob!

I still can't believe it!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 629 1129 ... LastLast