Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 625 1125 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 32424

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Link to buy that?
    I thought I preordered it but am not sure.
    Thanks.
    Heres where I got mine (shocked I got it before official release):

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/...er+sunset%2527

But for the States Amazon is probably best:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Just-After-Sunset-Stories-Collectors/dp/1439115303/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225934420&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Just After Sunset: Stories (Collectors Set): Stephen King: Books[/ame]

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon, but, like Eric, I'll try to pick up an extra at my local Borders.

John

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Oy, you need to send that to Michael Whelan. I'd love to hear what he has to say!
    I just got an email from Audrey in response to the email I sent showing my Oy tattoo here was her response:

"We were both (but Michael especially) blown away by your tattoo! It’s amazing!"

Very cool that they responded

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

wow. i hope that you put that email in your "save forever" folder!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    Oy, you need to send that to Michael Whelan. I'd love to hear what he has to say!
    I just got an email from Audrey in response to the email I sent showing my Oy tattoo here was her response:

"We were both (but Michael especially) blown away by your tattoo! It’s amazing!"

EXCELLENT!!!!!!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post

Oh man, that's a keeper!
    How awesome!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I got something in the mail today to add to my collection...

I do not know why that pic is side ways, it's not when I copied it...sorry about you having to bend your head for such a meager acquisition.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

This thread makes me covet.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Link to buy that?
    I thought I preordered it but am not sure.
    Thanks.
    Heres where I got mine (shocked I got it before official release):

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/...er+sunset%2527

But for the States Amazon is probably best:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Just-After-Sunset-Stories-Collectors/dp/1439115303/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225934420&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Just After Sunset: Stories (Collectors Set): Stephen King: Books[/ame]
    Thanks for the link. I actually did preorder one.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone. Sorry, I am absolutely swamped at the office today catching up on everthing I missed yesterday and various company reports this morning.

Had a really great time at the reading. The drive up was nasty with rush hour traffic and several spots of torrential rainfall.

My son and I arrived before Karen and her husband so we saved two seats inside for them. They arrived maybe 40 minutes before the start of the interview program at 7pm.

The program started off very slow and it was hot in the auditorium. The organizers did an Academy Award - type speach thanking 40 different people for their hard work....getting it all put together. Then the two authors (King and Russo) came out onto the stage with the moderator. I thought the moderator was a bit of a dope, and the discussion started off a bit slow...plus the sound system for the authors' microphones was pretty horrible (whining, feedback, volume). But the discussion gathered steam and it turned out to be fairly lively with some humorous parts. The last question put to the authors was by far the best (it came from a pre-submitted pool by the audience). Question was: What is your favorite curse word?

Well, Stephen gave a longish, comedic answer that I liken to a George Carlin routine, citing such phrases as "shit or go blind" and "I don't give a tin shit" and what the hell do those things REALLY mean? It was pretty funny and generated lots of laughs. Russo's story centered on the (I can't put it in here) C*#t word and how men vs. women use that word.

Overall, I gave the interview/discussion a 5 out of 10. Worthwhile but hardly riveting.

Afterward, they organized the book signing. Each ticket had a number from 100-500+. They put two long tables on stage, King at one, Russo at the other and called groups of numbers. 100-150 to start, and so on. Upon entering the auditorium, you received your 1st edition Just After Sunset (if you had purchased the $50 or $125 ticket that got you a place in the signing line). So when you number group was called you filed up onto stage. A handler took your ticket (which Karen stole back for us later), you handed your book to another handler sitting next to King who opened it up to the title page and then slid it over to him to sign. He looked up at me ever so briefly before he signed my book, then started to sign. As he signed I told him that Michael Whelan sent his regards (which he does), but that usually makes him pause and gives me an opportunity to pass a couple words with King, but this time no. He grunted something inaudible, finished signing and began to look up at the next person. I then said to King, here is a little gift from your fand at thedarktower.org and slid two rubber wrist bands in front of him that Daggers brought to Vegas. One was black and said "Hile Gunslinger" and the other was red and said "All hail the Crimson King." Both also said www.thedarktower.org. He didn't even look directly at them, but slid them to his side out of the way. So, I have no idea if he looked at them later, threw them away or what, but I did try to give a plug to us here on the site.

We saw some other people from the site (Sam Catoe was one, I'm sorry, I do not remember the names of the others. My bad) and a few SKEMERs (CJ, the most prominent) and taked to them for a bit. MY son and I were on the road by 9:30 and home at 11pm.

No pics from me from the event. They were pretty strict about saying NO PICTURES, so I did not bother to bring one. Obviously, some pics were taken. Will have to let Karen posts hers.

That's my story.

Here are pics of what I got at the signing.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Ah yes, I also received a rather anonymous letter post marked from the city of brotherly love yesterday. My wife opened it (we share everything - even our personal mail!) and asked me when I got home what's this? I looked, saw the bookmark and said oh just something from a little turtle that I know! :-)

Thank you Turtlex!
    hehehe....me too....me too. Not sure where it came from. JUST KIDDING.

Thanks Turtlex. Your awesome.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Add me to the list of indebtedness to our lovely Turtlex. Merci beaucoup!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Ah yes, I also received a rather anonymous letter post marked from the city of brotherly love yesterday. My wife opened it (we share everything - even our personal mail!) and asked me when I got home what's this? I looked, saw the bookmark and said oh just something from a little turtle that I know! :-)

Thank you Turtlex!
    hehehe....me too....me too. Not sure where it came from. JUST KIDDING.

Thanks Turtlex. Your awesome.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Add me to the list of indebtedness to our lovely Turtlex. Merci beaucoup!
    I got my bookmark yesterday.

Thank you so much!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's really cool, Wiz. congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, David, for posting an account of the evening. I am envious of all who went. It's been a long time since I have been to an author signing. In my experience the most memorable parts were interacting with fellow fans before and after the signing rather than the signing itself. I'm glad ya'll had a good time and it's too bad King wasn't a little more outgoing during the signing line.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Today is my day, apparently. Over the past couple of weeks, I have been in close contact with a bookseller in the UK that brought to us the Miller remarqued copies of the Colorado Kid (Ralph is and remains this guys's key contact). He arranged himself for the three artists of The Colorado Kid, Miller, Chadbourne and Potter, to do a set of 26 remarques for the book so he could put together lettered sets to sell. I just was offered today and paid for Lettered set A of these books. The 3 books will come housed in a custom slipcase. Here is the set I purchased just a few moments ago:

Even as I try to watch my spending, my love of remarques and what I view as a reasonable price led me to purchase this set. Ralph and I can provide contact information should people want it.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my book mark too!!

That is a beautiful set David.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

That IS a nice set, David. I saw that listed on eBay and have it in my eBay watch section. Did you pay the price in the eBay listing or can a set be had cheaper if you deal directly with him?

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

That is a very nice set. I wonder too if the 26 copies would all have different remarques or the same ones?.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

You're all welcome for the bookmarks, friends. My pleasure.

David - another wonderful addition to your collection. Regardless of the Sai King interaction, or lack of it, still sounds like fun to me.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

David, you are the remarque King. Congratulations.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob-

He is charging slightly more for sets A and Z. He invoiced me in $$ and I paid $560 incl. shipping. That works out to $183 per book that has original artwork.

Steve's eBay offering have been and remain a bit confusing. He sometimes has the same book listed with greatly different prices. I remember I paid almost $300 for the first Miller remarque I bought but then paid less than $200 for the second.

Contact him directly. Give me a few minutes and I will post some other images that he sent me. There are not 26 DIFFERENT images from each artist. I do not know how many each, but I think Potter did maybe 4, the others not sure, but definitely not 26.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

ok, here is another Chadbourne remarque and two more from Potter. That's all I have on file I think.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, David!

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

those remarques are pretty amazing!!!

(I dont exactly have a new pride... but i hope i will soon... i've been working on a book related to Stephen King...
    I consider it as finished, and i am currently looking for a french publisher...
    today, i've recieved a copy back from a publisher that sent me a refusal...)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guys that already got their Just After Sunset copies, both editions. Can we see the backs of the books? I'm wondering, if they aren't just mirrored. I really liek the orange look of the DVD cover, but I think I'll just get the regular edition, if the back also has that orange cover.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 625 1125 ... LastLast