Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 618 1118 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG I forgot about the whipped cream!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hoo boy. I'm no fan of ketchup either.

Congrats, Gretchen, on your new ARC.

While I was away, a couple signed 1st/1sts of Neil Gaiman's latest book arrived.

I posted both sigs because they differ somewhat, in case anyone pays attention to that sort of thing around here.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

On Friday night though...

The two exteriors are standard:

But the two interiors:

I asked Jae to sign the title page as that is the traditional way to sign a hardcover, and that way the dust jacket would still be replaceable if something happened to it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Personalized and signed promo items and the issue #1 of each of the story arcs released so far.

I think he said I was the first person to ever ask him to sign the Daily Bugle.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Patrick - incredibly awesome. You have a signed issue from each arc, plus the sketch, guidebook and bugle !!! FLIPPING COOL !!! The Bugle is hard to come by, and signed... that is sooooooo cool !

Congrats!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Turtlex. I forgot to bring a Guidebook with me, Wiz helped me out on that one.

Is the Bugle that hard to come by? Do you have it? At the time of its release, there was a local comic store with a short stack of copies of the Bugle. I bought 'em all and mailed them out to TDT members on my dime, hoping to save people from the vagaries of eBay.

My Mood
    Gay

Yup, kinda hard to find the Bugle now. I dont have one, no. My local store only had a couple and I never got one. Just one of those things, I guess. I saw one cgc'd at a 9.6 - but none higher. You're a good guy for thinking of the folks here. I check the comics at eBay all the time and have never seen a signed Bugle. Very cool.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Yup, kinda hard to find the Bugle now. I dont have one, no. My local store only had a couple and I never got one. Just one of those things, I guess. I saw one cgc'd at a 9.6 - but none higher. You're a good guy for thinking of the folks here. I check the comics at eBay all the time and have never seen a signed Bugle. Very cool.
    The Bugle is cheap newsprint, folded without much care. I don't think any would be CGC'ed worth a crap. I would put CGC out of mind when it comes to the Bugle.

But if you're interested... PM me your name and address as a reminder, and I'll check to see if I can find another extra after Nov. 1st, I'm going to be gone until then. Odds are slim, but you never know.

My Mood
    Gay

Thank Patrick - Just sent a PM. No worries if you can't, I appreciate the offer.

I am going to go back and check my notices, I am pretty sure I just got one for a Bugle that was CGC'd. Weird. I kind of went over it because I really am trying to focus on getting 9.8s ( or better, I do wish ) for my collection. Now I am intrigued.

Regardless, though, it's a GREAT and UNIQUE item.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

All right, I've been a little scarce in this thread for awhile now (trying to conserve $$ these days). But given that I just had more comics signed by Jae Lee, picture this spread in your head:

With the exception of the Bugle (which I never purchased), I have a Jae Lee signature on every issue, variant, sketch book, Guide book, Almanac of the entire series so far. While it will be a bit more difficult to get future issues signed given that Jae left the roost here in NYC for Vegas, my wish is to end up with a signed copy of everything published in this series. Now that would be a one-of-a-kind collection and a definite Pride & Joy.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Gay

That would be an amazing accomplishment !

: insert turtlex envious with no signed Jae Lee comics :

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Thanks, Turtlex. I forgot to bring a Guidebook with me, Wiz helped me out on that one.

Is the Bugle that hard to come by? Do you have it? At the time of its release, there was a local comic store with a short stack of copies of the Bugle. I bought 'em all and mailed them out to TDT members on my dime, hoping to save people from the vagaries vulgarities of eBay.
    there you go patrick, fixed that post for you.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    All right, I've been a little scarce in this thread for awhile now (trying to conserve $$ these days). But given that I just had more comics signed by Jae Lee, picture this spread in your head:

With the exception of the Bugle (which I never purchased), I have a Jae Lee signature on every issue, variant, sketch book, Guide book, Almanac of the entire series so far. While it will be a bit more difficult to get future issues signed given that Jae left the roost here in NYC for Vegas, my wish is to end up with a signed copy of everything published in this series. Now that would be a one-of-a-kind collection and a definite Pride & Joy.
    Then I'll trade you my signed Bugle for one of your remarqued DTs.

No? Darn.

Your Jae Lee-signed comic collection is already something to behold! I think you should take a few photos and post them.

I can't believe you never got Bugle, Wiz, although you might have told me on Friday night, but I don't recall. I'll see if I have two spare copies somewhere, but don't either of you hold out hope.

----
    t/song, thanks for the fix.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

And Patrick...

safe journeys on Wednesday and safe return. Hope your trip is successful.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Very much so.

I think you could probably mail and have Jae (yeah, I call him by is first name now ) sign return at this point David.

I may try that with all the hard covers if he would be so gracious.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, guys! I didn't think about the dust jacket - I guess I'll just have to be extra careful.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Gay

Patrick - I stand corrected. It was a CGC graded 9.6 Dark Tower Marvel Spotlight that I saw, not a Bugle.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Wiz. I still need to send you a check, I'll do that upon my return - hopefully with a Bugle in tow. (I'm still at the office at 7pm.)

Matt, that's a fine idea!

Turtlex, that makes more sense as the Spotlight was a magazine rather than a newspaper.

Ok, so here are the rest of my Jae Lee inscribed comics. They are the sketch variants from the first story arc.

Someday I hope to grow my collection to one of Wiz's stature, but I doubt I'll ever get there. Especially not unless I find a killer deal on the rest of the sketch variants.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I've got 'em all - regular, color variants, sketch variants, bugle, almanac, etc. - but no Jae Lee sigs. *sigh* Wiz is da man!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Whoa. Patrick, I am SO jealous of the Gaiman books! He's going to be here in Vegas on the 6th of November, however, so I'm going to be "sick" that day and see if I can get in. Cross your fingers for me...

And yeah, Wiz definitely is the man.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    Whoa. Patrick, I am SO jealous of the Gaiman books! He's going to be here in Vegas on the 6th of November, however, so I'm going to be "sick" that day and see if I can get in. Cross your fingers for me...

Oh yeah! You've got to go! Now I'm the one who's jealous.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I'll be lugging my Absolute Sandman Vol I with me. Fo' sho.'

Speaking of jealousy, have a fantastic trip! Lots of photos are expected.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My newest pride and joy, the only Michael Slade 1st edition I didn't have a signed copy of - the UK 1st of Headhunter (his/their first book). Unusual to be signed as "Michael Slade" as opposed to the now common, just "Slade".

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on getting one of the final missing pieces in your collection, Eric!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Eric-
    Congrats. It must feel really good to fill that final hole in what is an AMAZING collection. Nice work.

Laura-
    If you don't go to the Gaiman event, I'm gonna come out there to Vegas and kick your butt, for me and Patrick since he will be away!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 618 1118 ... LastLast