+ Reply to Thread
Page 1161 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 161 661 1061 1111 1151 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 ... LastLast
Results 29,001 to 29,025 of 29241

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Gunslinger Apprentice vincent has a spectacular aura about vincent has a spectacular aura about vincent has a spectacular aura about vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That looks awesome, congrats!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Maerlyn's Imp Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow !!
    I would love to hear more of this story, did I miss a posting?
    Please point me in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    No Book,
    No Art,
    but still my greatest pride and joy ever!

Took me years of planing and raising the founds.

Sold more than half of my collection , just for a blink of time.
    But it was worth every cent and every month waiting!

I feel so blessed that i was able to see this stunning place,
    and wanted to share my incredible luck.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Wow !!
    I would love to hear more of this story, did I miss a posting?
    Please point me in the right direction.

The direction is pretty much straight forward -> south ;D
    And no, I do not thing that you missed a post as I did not posted on that topic before.

Short story is :
    For quite some years I was dreaming on an expedition to the south pole, and in 2017 I got the confirmation that I would get a "seat"
    Still I had to raise some founds for this and decided that I would let some of my collection-items go for this very rare and unique chance, and so I did.

Kept much but also sold much and finally in December i reached the most southern point of the earth.

(no flat earthers here , i hope )

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a glorious beacon of light sentinel is a glorious beacon of light sentinel is a glorious beacon of light sentinel is a glorious beacon of light sentinel is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, very cool! Congrats on a huge achievement of a lifetime!

Maerlyn's Imp Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook has much to be proud of Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Wow, very cool! Congrats on a huge achievement of a lifetime!
    Agreed, huge achievement.
    Congratulations to you again !!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice vincent has a spectacular aura about vincent has a spectacular aura about vincent has a spectacular aura about vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

South pole, that’s even cooler, I was assuming north pole. Very impressive!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Honky Mahfah Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome, Sebastian! A true bucket list item checked off.
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an has a reputation beyond repute Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!!!

Pun intended.
    It's the end of the world as we know it.
    And I feel fine.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    No Book,
    No Art,
    but still my greatest pride and joy ever!

Took me years of planing and raising the founds.

Sold more than half of my collection , just for a blink of time.
    But it was worth every cent and every month waiting!

I feel so blessed that i was able to see this stunning place,
    and wanted to share my incredible luck.

Wow! Amazing.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell is a splendid one to behold Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cooler than any book can be. So awesome
    WANTED 1st/1st:
    Carrie
    The Gunslinger
    Signed EOTD 1st/1st
    Signed Firestarter 1st/1st

Gunslinger Apprentice darkseer is just really nice darkseer is just really nice darkseer is just really nice darkseer is just really nice

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow amazing talk about a once in a life time experience !!!

Goldmember herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Impressive !
    What was the temperature down there?

Feel free to share more, I bet that you have a lot to talk about with this !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

Citizen of Gilead Lurker is a glorious beacon of light Lurker is a glorious beacon of light Lurker is a glorious beacon of light Lurker is a glorious beacon of light Lurker is a glorious beacon of light Lurker is a glorious beacon of light Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is...well, it just is...fantastic.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 will become famous soon enough

Super cool! Congratulations!

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Impressive !
    What was the temperature down there?

Feel free to share more, I bet that you have a lot to talk about with this !
    Judging from what he was wearing, pretty cold. Essentially, the south pole is the coldest place on the Earth.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Do not....I Repeat......Do Not stick your tongue to that pole. I once watched a documentary called A Christmas Story that proved that theory.

Ralphie
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks a lot for all the kind words, that is really appreciated!
    It was indeed a very impressive experience and something that will last quite a while.

I could probably talk 2 days about that - what i wont do now - no worries - but i will happily answer all questions.
    The most common once so far ;D

1) It was cold, yes , fucking cold. On the Pole we had -25° when it was sunny and -40° when it was windy (what is probably -2000 in F , i dont know but something like that ;D)
    2) But thats not really an issue because you have matching clothes, and especially shoes.
    3) Yes we lived in tents, and yes they have been warm enough
    4) Yes we peed in bottles, and we brought two , so that you have one for drinking and one for peeing - poor bastards who had two bottles of the same color
    5) What we did there ? If you have nice weather (see 1) you can do a lot of excursions and exploring, if you are caught in a blizzard (see 1) you learn cribbage and play cards with the pilots
    6) can you kiss the pole ? Yes you can , but you will stick to it as its out of metal and its cold (see 1)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Do not....I Repeat......Do Not stick your tongue to that pole. I once watched a documentary called A Christmas Story that proved that theory.
    Ralphie
    now you was quicker then I was ;D
    maybe i should have watched that documentary - ;D

Servant of Gan Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The cool thing about -40C is that it is also -40F.

Thanks for sharing your amazing experience!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    The cool thing about -40C is that it is also -40F.

Thanks for sharing your amazing experience!

that , sir, does absolute make no sense to me ;D
    But still good to know ;D

Rabid Billybumbler MikeDuke is a glorious beacon of light MikeDuke is a glorious beacon of light MikeDuke is a glorious beacon of light MikeDuke is a glorious beacon of light MikeDuke is a glorious beacon of light

My Mood
    Mellow

I have a lot of stuff in my thread but here is just some

Many more pics and descriptions in my thread.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow has much to be proud of wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

congrats!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

hey Seb, very cool photo, but...

You really should have taken a King book to show on the photo. You would have been the furthest person South EVER to be reading Stephen King!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    hey Seb, very cool photo, but...

You really should have taken a King book to show on the photo. You would have been the furthest person South EVER to be reading Stephen King!
    Weight limits !

I had some audiobooks with me, king including if that counts but I was on the absolute limit of what I was able to carry with me, so no books

Goldmember herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest has much to be proud of herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So what kind of trip was it?
    Was it an expedition lasting a few days, weeks, months?
    How were you brought there?
    How many people...?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1161 of 1170 FirstFirst ... 161 661 1061 1111 1151 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 ... LastLast