Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 611 1111 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Convention program book for the World Fantasy Convention, 1982.

Peter Straub was one of the Guests of Honor. King wrote a nice three page nonfiction piece titled "Peter Straub: An Informal Appreciation."

Apparently King attended the convention as this copy has a signed and dated inscription by King. I'm a sucker for signatures and inscriptions dated at the time of publication of a book or event. Theoretically you can always get something signed but signatures dated at the time of the event or publication are so very much rarer.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, that's nice!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Bob.

I noticed Betts had dropped the price on that one recently.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought my Don Robertson collection would be complete once I finally collected all the first editions, but I keep finding new things to add to it. On the right is a 2nd printing of his first novel, reprinted to coincide with the publication of his seventh and most famous novel, Paradise Falls. Never seen a copy before this one. On the left is a 1st edition of his third novel. I already have one copy of this.

But this one is signed and dated the year of publication. Not bad for less than $11 shipped.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice signed program, Bob.

Way to go, idle!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i am collecting items of a french author that is not really known in britain/ USA while really famous in Russia & Korea : Bernard Werber.

Tonite i was at a book signing, and got a signed book to me... and there is better (see "other authors u collect" / "Collector's empirium" threads

I do own quite a few signatures of this author (including an ARC personalised to me), and he usually makes some nice drawin!

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool author doodle!

(Say that ten times fast.)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yeah :-)

i've got some more, but as i dont have them here, i can only post pictures that i have on my laptop. here are couple more

(maybe one day i'll create a thread in the collection forum)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

A few minutes ago I found a copy of Daphne Du Maurier's Jamaica Inn. It appears to be a first US edition (Doubleday) with a nearly flawless dustjacket (not a tear and clean crisp edges). The book does have some wear to it. Would it be worth restoring? Does anyone have any idea who I might talk to about it? ...or what something like that might be worth? I'm certain it's worth more than the .50 I paid for it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's what's on eBay at the present. I'm not sure what a first edition looks like.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/__daphne-...dZm270Q2el1313

But here's one on ABE Books without a picture for a lot of money!

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetails?bi=14123485

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, John!

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a good purchase, Brice.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

I'm curious...

As an aside to the brief discussion bout the DT4 booklet that came with the Desperation/Regulators set (see link for photo), does anyone own or know of signed copy? I have one and I'd like a measure of just how rare it is...

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...6&d=1222366850

Bob? Hutch? Wiz? Anyone?

Thanks a million
    Calla Wolf

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    I'm curious...

As an aside to the brief discussion bout the DT4 booklet that came with the Desperation/Regulators set (see link for photo), does anyone own or know of signed copy? I have one and I'd like a measure of just how rare it is...

Bob? Hutch? Wiz? Anyone?

Thanks a million
    I don't have one nor do I recall seeing one for sale.

Bob

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    I'm curious...

Bob? Hutch? Wiz? Anyone?

Thanks a million
    I don't have one nor do I recall seeing one for sale.

Bob
    Hmmm - I wonder if it really is unique.

Thanks Bob
    Calla Wolf

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've never heard of a signed one. They do all have a facsimile signature though.

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I've never heard of a signed one. They do all have a facsimile signature though.
    Hello matey

No, I'm talking about the real thing - I got it signed in London on the Bag of Bones tour.

Then Chris Cavalier bought it from me...

...and I bought it back when Chris sold his collection.

Now, as you probably know by now, I've got to sell again.

That got me wondering about how unique it really is...
    Calla Wolf

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Send it to me, Ceri, and I'll figure out what it's worth

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Send it to me, Ceri, and I'll figure out what it's worth
    I genuinely wish I could babes
    Calla Wolf

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also have never seen a signed one.

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Never seen a signed one....interesting item.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I too will join the chorus of "I have never seen a signed one".

This strikes me as one of those items that could sell for $50 one week, and $300 the next week. I don't see it going higher than that, but you never know with ebay...if you get two people into a bidding war, the sky is the limit.

Good luck to you Ceri.

Rick

p.s Would you mind telling us what you sold it to Chris for?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday I received a new bookcase that is replacing my old one. I´ll have to go and ask for another one just like this one to be made since it doesn´t have enough room for all my Stephen King books, but well...my books are protected against dust now and besides I have two shelves were I can put merchandising stuff

It´s made of carob wood.

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the shelf of promo stuff!

Looks like you are missing the From a Buick 8 Fuzzy Dice.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 611 1111 ... LastLast