Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1089 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 89 589 989 1039 1079 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1099 1139 1189 ... LastLast
Results 27,201 to 27,225 of 32420

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I get to look at his collection all day long...

Bob would respond but he's a little 'tied up' right now....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I get to look at his collection all day long...

Bob would respond but he's a little 'tied up' right now....
    Wow that took it to a whole new level of creepy... remind me not to hang out with the Brits

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Moving swiftly on...

A new P & J arrived today. many thanks to the seller and to David@betts who oversaw the sale:

more new stuff in my Collection thread...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Simon, you'll have to dig up the WTTKH number thread for that one.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice snag Simon! Regardless of your kink I still think you're a cool guy!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Simon... your S/L collection is getting some big! CONGRATS!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    What Kink? I was just implying that I have broken into Bob's house, tied him and his family up and put them a cupboard after forcing him to take down all his pictures and am now enjoying living in his cellar.

Nothing weird though...

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What Kink? I was just implying that I have broken into Bob's house, tied him and his family up and put them a cupboard after forcing him to take down all his pictures and am now enjoying living in his cellar.

Nothing weird though...
    Oh! If that's all...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing weird though...
    Oh! If that's all...
    And a new S/L just happened to show up
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Few items this time but cool ones:

Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds. I'm wanting to get that copy of Boy's Life. Nice snag on the Firestarter 1st PB. I'd love to get a white one to go with my black one.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds. I'm wanting to get that copy of Boy's Life. Nice snag on the Firestarter 1st PB. I'd love to get a white one to go with my black one.
    I have the opposite problem. Need a black one to go with my white one!

Nice new ads everyone. Congrats.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I have the opposite problem. Need a black one to go with my white one!

Nice new ads everyone. Congrats.
    Life is hard for us King collectors!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I want either a black or a white one to go with the empty 'Signet Firestarter 1st/1st-shaped' space on my shelf....

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I want either a black or a white one to go with the empty 'Signet Firestarter 1st/1st-shaped' space on my shelf....
    I tried.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Traveler The Moth will become famous soon enough The Moth will become famous soon enough The Moth's Avatar

So..I need to ask...do most people collect as an investment or just as a hobby? I do it as a hobby and not really interested in value...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    You know SIGNET actually made a place holder?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Moth View Post
    So..I need to ask...do most people collect as an investment or just as a hobby? I do it as a hobby and not really interested in value...
    Mostly hobby, with an slightest eye to investment. I don't really plan on selling ever, but I do like to know the value of a book and when I am getting a good deal. Also you never know when a desperate situation may call for desperate measures.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

It is essentially a hobby that I justify to my wife with the investment aspect

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's a hobby but with any hobby there is a serious financial aspect. I think most of us know we can't take it with us so we will either pass it down or pass it along. If we need to pass it along it would be nice if the hobby paid for itself eventually.

Plus in collecting, I think it's common practice to buy hobby pieces as investments so you can sell or trade them to pick up new pieces for your hobby.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When I was small, my dad always told be about the horror movies he had seen in the cinema and two names always popped up: Karloff and Frankenstein.
    Fortunately, his influence stuck and to this day I love watching the old Universal horror movies - especially the Frankenstein trilogy. Bride still is one of the best horror movies ever.
    Or maybe, one of the best comedies ever...
    Anyways: yesterday one of the best frankenstein busts ever arrived, painted by Steven Parke. If that name doesn't mean anything to you, google him.
    It didn't come cheap, but I just love this bust.

sk

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

pretty cool!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I think it's a hobby but with any hobby there is a serious financial aspect. I think most of us know we can't take it with us so we will either pass it down or pass it along. If we need to pass it along it would be nice if the hobby paid for itself eventually.

Plus in collecting, I think it's common practice to buy hobby pieces as investments so you can sell or trade them to pick up new pieces for your hobby.
    Aron is right. If you do not think of the money at all... it would be tough to "grow" your collection/hobby. It is how many here do it

Side note/flip side, my avatar is my passion too. That Bike is a beast and I have near $50000CAD into it. It is a RUSH to drive and there is NO way I will get near what I paid for it.. and I don't care. SO... you can have those feelings for sure as well. If your ok with it as I am in this case, then who gives a shit? DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I collect what I like but still, you don't want to get burned on what you pay. Always best to do your homework before major purchases.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    When I was small, my dad always told be about the horror movies he had seen in the cinema and two names always popped up: Karloff and Frankenstein.
    Fortunately, his influence stuck and to this day I love watching the old Universal horror movies - especially the Frankenstein trilogy. Bride still is one of the best horror movies ever.
    Or maybe, one of the best comedies ever...
    Anyways: yesterday one of the best frankenstein busts ever arrived, painted by Steven Parke. If that name doesn't mean anything to you, google him.
    It didn't come cheap, but I just love this bust.

sk

Sweet bust. I do an annual viewing of the classic Universal horror movies every October.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1089 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 89 589 989 1039 1079 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1099 1139 1189 ... LastLast