Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1051 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 51 551 951 1001 1041 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1061 1101 1151 ... LastLast
Results 26,251 to 26,275 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! Congratulations! It's sad that Bernie can't draw anymore. Such a talented artist...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Very cool! It's amazing what we can find if we look.
    It reminded me of the old days, where the hunt in a bookstore or flea market was half the thrill. The internet just does not feel the same.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like Bernie is in good spirits. Nice additions!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Time for my other Boston Comic Con story. So, the other artist I was jazzing to meet was Jae Lee. I have long been drooling over some of the remarques he's done in TWTTK. A couple of months back I was able to work a deal with David at Betts to get a Dark Tower set that runs from III-TWTTK - I'm looking for #255 for the first two if anyone has them. My goal was to get Jae to do a remarque in the signed limited TWTTK. On Friday, I was one of the first people to get to Jae's table, before the line became untenable. He was taking commissions (not cheap for what I wanted) and I had to do a little convincing because he was a bit hesitant to take such an expensive book into his hands for the weekend - he promised to have it done on Sunday. He actually seemed a bit disappointed that I wanted a Roland remarque as those are what he gets asked for most often. Then I went off to see Bernie as I described in my other recent post here.

The next day, Saturday, I decided to see if I could get Jae to do two more remarques, this time in my two artist editions of TWTTK. Jae said OK, but I would have to give him till the end of the day on Sunday as commissions were running high. I also decided to have him add something to my original commission from Friday. Joe had seemed genuinely disappointed at doing another Roland so I threw him some more money and asked if he could add another person from the Ka-Tet. We settled on Detta in her wheel chair. I could see that he was enthused by the opportunity to add more. Off I went to see what else I could find.

Sunday rolls around and I am so excited to see what Jae has come up with. I also decide to press my luck and ask for a fourth remarque, this time in my Marvel edition of The Gunslinger Born - Love Jae's work in this series. He initially did not want to add to the work he had to finish, but when I mentioned that I would like a Susan Delgado he just smiled and said "yes." That's when he dropped the bomb on me. Jae said that he had become inspired the night before as he was doing the preliminary sketch for my TWTTK remarque. He said that he wanted to draw the whole Ka-Tet if that was OK with me - "Hell yeah!" was my reply. Jae was nervous about time and asked that I come back at 6PM, right when the Con was to end. Needless to say I walked around the Con giddy with excitement. When 6PM rolled around I cycled back to reap my rewards. Unfortunately, Jae was only half way done with the inking of TWTTK. He gave me my other three remarques - just look below to enjoy them - but needed more time. Jae told me he was staying at the hotel across the street and I told him I was parked underneath and that my wife and I could go have a drink while he finished. He was relieved. That's when Jae gave me his business card, with his personal phone number so we could text when he was done - I could probably sell that number! KIDDING! So now I am having a few beers with my wife, and Jae texts me at 7PM that he's done, but that he really wants to add one more thing if I can wait a little longer - he wants to add the bleeping Crimson King! Another beer for my wife and me. 7:45 rolls around and in pops Jae with what he calls "the best" remarque he has ever done in a King book, and the "only" remarque to have the whole Ka-tet, even Oy. When I mention how I can't wait to put it up on the site here and that I had gotten he book from David, he just smiled and told me to tell David "hi" - I already passed that one one. I offered to buy Jae a drink but alas the does not drink. We took a picture together with his masterpiece, now mine, and then went on our merry ways. Just thought I would pass on Jae's final sentiments that working on The Dark Tower for Stephen King, for Donald Grant, for Marvel, and for us has been, and I quote, "the single best professional experience in his life." His body of work certainly shows it. Sorry to taking so long to tell a simple story, but it was just a thrill! Enjoy!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best Jae remarque ever.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That rocks!

Here's the link for a larger version... http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/...0/IMG_3121.jpg
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That rocks!

Here's the link for a larger version... http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/...0/IMG_3121.jpg
    Thanks - how'd you do that larger version?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In your gallery, click on the thumbnail pic and the picture is rendered below in a medium size. Click the medium sized picture and the larger version will come up. It's so large that you need to scroll to see it all.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

In your gallery, click on the thumbnail pic and the picture is rendered below in a medium size. Click the medium sized picture and a the larger version will come up. It's so large that you need to scroll to see it all.
    Thanks, I never realized they were different links.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    In your gallery, click on the thumbnail pic and the picture is rendered below in a medium size. Click the medium sized picture and a the larger version will come up. It's so large that you need to scroll to see it all.
    Thanks, I never realized they were different links.
    There is the thumbnail size, the medium size and the large size. The site reduces the large size to fit the screen.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome David... is it in the Charlie book?

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool! Big congrats!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's an awesome remarque!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    That's awesome David... is it in the Charlie book?
    yep

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Came a couple of days ago:

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

P2

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! That Black House edition is under rated IMO. We don't see enough additions of that to people's collections. Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Nice! That Black House edition is under rated IMO. We don't see enough additions of that to people's collections. Very cool!
    True. I really like that edition and my matching Talisman.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice additions folks...

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by picontin View Post

Very nice! Congrats on the new s/l.

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all!
    P2

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This tome is amazing

Aww hell yeah!

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Which edition of HPL is that? I have the latest leatherbound B&N volume, plus the Hippocampus Press three-volume set.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1051 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 51 551 951 1001 1041 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1061 1101 1151 ... LastLast