Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1036 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 36 536 936 986 1026 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1046 1086 1136 ... LastLast
Results 25,876 to 25,900 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! Congrats!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love your lettered Carrie: Congratulations!!

sk

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love this edition, congratulations!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice looking. Congrats!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This was Mr RT's lazy, "spare" copy - nice to know its returned back to the DT famiglia. And to pull this beauty out with less than 10 posts, patzgcrux, looks like you're going to be right at home here!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Kings signature should have been on its own page?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think Kings signature should have been on its own page?
    Yep. Or it's own line, at least.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    It is so interesting, to me anyway, that the Subterranean Press S/L of The Green Mile which was so reviled both before and after publication because of cost, perceived poor artwork and overall quality is now almost universally praised and desired by collectors. Personally I've always liked all three states (trade, numbered and lettered).
    So TRUE! When I took over Betts and approached SubPress to introduce myself, I was told SubPress would NEVER sell anything to Betts because Stu maligned the Green Mile publication so badly (apparently). It took a lot of doing to get them to sell to me, but this confirms Bob's memory that the book was maligned.

Frankly, I love the publication and the Lettered edition ranks in my top 3 favorites in terms over production/appearance.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    It is so interesting, to me anyway, that the Subterranean Press S/L of The Green Mile which was so reviled both before and after publication because of cost, perceived poor artwork and overall quality is now almost universally praised and desired by collectors. Personally I've always liked all three states (trade, numbered and lettered).
    So TRUE! When I took over Betts and approached SubPress to introduce myself, I was told SubPress would NEVER sell anything to Betts because Stu maligned the Green Mile publication so badly (apparently). It took a lot of doing to get them to sell to me, but this confirms Bob's memory that the book was maligned.

Frankly, I love the publication and the Lettered edition ranks in my top 3 favorites in terms over production/appearance.
    David, might I ask what your top 3 in appearance are?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by patzgcrux View Post
    Thanks everyone, it was acquired from a fellow collector. I'm happy to obtain it an I hope to be able to keep it for a long time. If I find more good stuff I will post on this thread.
    Congrats Patrick ! Glad you like it and I'm happy it stayed in the family.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Just received two big ones on my want list.

EOTD S/L

Green Mile S/L

So pretty....... Congrats sir! I just stole out of work to go to the post office and pick up my Green Mile S/L. Had to leave it in the box and don't even know what number I have yet!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

David, might I ask what your top 3 in appearance are?
    I would like to know this as well!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

A signed Insomnia arrived today.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I just acquired a preliminary drawing for the cover of CD's Dark Delicacies by Jill Bauman. I also picked up the signed limited. I'm having fun picking out the differences.

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Double likes coming to you Brian's!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

So pretty....... Congrats sir! I just stole out of work to go to the post office and pick up my Green Mile S/L. Had to leave it in the box and don't even know what number I have yet!
    Thanks Beverly, seems like everyone's getting the GM S/L at the moment. It is a beauty.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by patzgcrux View Post
    This is probably the best item I have in terms of rarity and uniqueness. I was lucky enough to get this recently from a serious collector. The 40th. Anniversary lettered edition of Carrie published in the UK by PS Publishing. I have copy "Z".

Here is a link that explains the item in better depth:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...+Lettered+-+UK

What makes this unique is the limited, One off original artwork on each of the lettered copies. I have copy "Z" and it came with a art book that illustrated the rest of the art works and of course in the envelope marked "Z" the artwork that came with it.

Side by side comparison of the Limited Slip Case edition on the right compared to the Lettered edition.

Congrats! You beat me out on the bidding on this one. I wish I had gone higher, but glad to see someone here got it.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

WONDERFUL ITEM

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Got myself a copy of End of Watch (my local bookstore has it in stock already). I'm really looking forward to reading it! I finished The Fireman just in time. Also got myself a UK trade PB of City of Mirrors and a Penguin reprint of Shirley Jackson's Haunting of Hill House, which I never read before. A good score, I think!

*edit: added a quick & dirty pic. Nothing special but I am very happy with these new additions to the ever growing TBR pile.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice grabs! The Haunting of Hill House is a favourite of mine.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Michaël. Do you usually get the US editions over there? I would have thought you got the UK of EOW.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You're right, most bookstores here get the UK editions instead of the US editions, but we have two 'American Book Centers' in The Hague and Amsterdam that carry the US editions (and often the UK editions as well). I live very close to The Hague so I hopped on the train this afternoon and I was pleasantly surprised to find City of Mirrors as well (alas, no US hardcover yet).

Speaking of which, it would be great if one of my TDT friends could get me a US hardcover of City of Mirrors. I can wait for it to show up locally but the lady at the bookstore told me they didn't order it. And my experiences with Amazon have been underwhelming...

Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice books, Michaël. You can also use BOL or VanStockum

Country
    Country Flag

I know but none of the online stores are very good at packing books, it seems...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1036 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 36 536 936 986 1026 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1046 1086 1136 ... LastLast