Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1003 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 3 503 903 953 993 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1013 1053 1103 ... LastLast
Results 25,051 to 25,075 of 32416

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful piece, Kris! Your art collection is just stunning. The black frame and matting really set it off. Well done!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love it (and covet it).
    Congratulations.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

You're one a roll bud. Congratulations.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I love it (and covet it).
    Congratulations.
    I as well!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

pretty damned awesome.....Callahan is enroute to me now...can hardly wait.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    pretty damned awesome.....Callahan is enroute to me now...can hardly wait.
    Yeah David, it is amazing up close... like man that guy is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

*EDIT: I moved this post from the Secret Santa thread where I first posted it as I wanted to give maximum exposure to the generosity of all the denizens of The Tower*

I was not part of the Secret Santa this year (much to my chagrin) but was still the recipient of an anonymous gift this season.

Courtesy of Anonymous Santa, may I present...

This is absolutely amazing and I am humbled at the gesture. You folks, all of you, are just the best. It inspires me to seek out a new collector and do my best to help them build up their sets.

My thanks to AKC for facilitating this... it arrived in perfect condition.

There was on small... requirement... as part of receiving this though. It MAY provide a small hint as to the sender.
    And to honor this part I present to you....
    Spoiler:
    With my hand upon what in this neck of the woods passes as a bible, I make the following proclamation...

I LOVE THE NEW YORK YANKEES!!!!!!!!!! They are the singularly greatest team in the history of all baseball!!! Never shall there be a team with the power and glory to surpass the Yankees in their overall superiority!!!

now, to ease the pain of that last bit, I'm going to go look at my new book again.

THANKS TO ALL!!!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Looking forward to seeing pics. Especially the Auel ones. Congrats.
    I will take some when they get to me. I struggled with UK vs US on the Watership Down, Neuromancer and others, but I'm cool with going US and letting the $2k+ UK ones stay in the UK (though OFFICIAL 1st/1st's...it bugs me as I type it still...grrrr).

Figure I cannot have every book and paying twice as much for a UK b/c the "true" 1st vs getting another book or two that I want didn't make sense to me.

That being said if ANYONE wants to GIVE me a UK 1st/1st of any of the 3 books mentioned above, then I will take them.
    That is my internal dilemma right now as well... I am trying to buy a Hobbit but not sure if I should go US and save the money or go UK and get the "true 1st". They are the same words and pictures just different covers.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

That is my internal dilemma right now as well... I am trying to buy a Hobbit but not sure if I should go US and save the money or go UK and get the "true 1st". They are the same words and pictures just different covers.
    It is driving me crazy. lol! I think I'm going to stick with just U.S. unless some insane deal on UK. If I bought the UK, then I'd probably buy the US too anyway and that's even more money. I was able to buy a lot more books by not going for the UK versions on the few authors I collect that were from there. Over the weekend I was able to get an amazing 1st/1st 1984 (US) by Orwell and it has a cool story behind it. I'll post it when I get it. $200 only and my bookcase is going to be very happy with new "important" books like Watership Down, Animal Farm, Nineteen Eighty Four, etc..1st/1st (US...grrr!) states.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Looking forward to seeing pics. Especially the Auel ones. Congrats.
    I will take some when they get to me. I struggled with UK vs US on the Watership Down, Neuromancer and others, but I'm cool with going US and letting the $2k+ UK ones stay in the UK (though OFFICIAL 1st/1st's...it bugs me as I type it still...grrrr).

Figure I cannot have every book and paying twice as much for a UK b/c the "true" 1st vs getting another book or two that I want didn't make sense to me.

That being said if ANYONE wants to GIVE me a UK 1st/1st of any of the 3 books mentioned above, then I will take them.

It is driving me crazy. lol! I think I'm going to stick with just U.S. unless some insane deal on UK. If I bought the UK, then I'd probably buy the US too anyway and that's even more money. I was able to buy a lot more books by not going for the UK versions on the few authors I collect that were from there. Over the weekend I was able to get an amazing 1st/1st 1984 (US) by Orwell and it has a cool story behind it. I'll post it when I get it. $200 only and my bookcase is going to be very happy with new "important" books like Watership Down, Animal Farm, Nineteen Eighty Four, etc..1st/1st (US...grrr!) states.

Maybe this will help make up your minds........

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post972550

I have a UK 8th printing and that was not cheap either though, no where near this stratosphere!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was looking at an 8th US (I wanted both sets of illustrations) and they are going for $800+

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was looking at an 8th US (I wanted both sets of illustrations) and they are going for $800+
    That seems high for a US edition, but I bought my copy many years ago so, I don't really know current market prices. If you get a prized edition, I highly recommend a Dolso case for it!!! Really adds to the display and protection IMHO

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to add an old print of the Hobbit to my collection...

Can't see the pics you posted Bill, cause I'm at work right now. But I'm sure it's just lovely. Dolso makes great cases.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't post here (this particular thread) too often, but for my latest P&J I'll make an exception.
    The rest I'll add to my collection thread.

sk

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    That seems high for a US edition, but I bought my copy many years ago so, I don't really know current market prices. If you get a prized edition, I highly recommend a Dolso case for it!!! Really adds to the display and protection IMHO

That looks awesome, Bill!!! Congratulations!!!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Outstanding Siep!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Les Edwards is awesome. That Hobbit case is also a work of art in and of itself! Wish I had a copy so I could justify getting one
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice Siep, looking forward to see more!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Nice Siep, looking forward to see more!
    Already posted in my collection thread, Rogier!

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Man, two lettered editions within one week!
    First the PS Thinner (lovelovelove it).
    And now, this:

I'm in total awe of what IDW did with this edition.
    More in my collection thread.

sk

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Siep!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Paul.

sk

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The lettered edition is absolutely lovely! Just got my e-mail for the limited edition yesterday. Can't wait!

Country
    Country Flag

That's great, Dan. Got mine as well - I mean, the e-mail.
    Think we're in for another treat! And the book is still available. Not for too long, I bet.

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1003 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 3 503 903 953 993 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1013 1053 1103 ... LastLast