Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1001 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 501 901 951 991 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1011 1051 1101 ... LastLast
Results 25,001 to 25,025 of 32405

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely stunning! Congratulations!!! Im speechless--the things we get to see on this site just take your breath away.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. That's an incredible set of books. Congrats.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That is incredibly awesome!!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Johnny
    GREAT books-tryly unique!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Johnny007, you don't have to reply if you don't want to, but as this is the first sale of a 1st state since well, forever, might I require as to the approx sale price?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, johnny!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Simply wonderful !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lucky to own it indeed! It's one of the most gorgeous copies I've ever seen.
    Johnny, this is simply stunning! Congratulations.

sk

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Very, very nice 'Salem's collection!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Amazing acquisitions!. Would love to see the rest of your collection!.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm speechless! Congratulations!

And congratulations Bob for the new job and Mike for becoming a grandfather!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    So does your copy have the crease down the center of the spine? Some are creased there and some are creased where the spine meets the rear panel.
    Bob,

It's hard to see the crease on the photo but on the picture of the spine you can see the crease about 1/8 of an inch from front and running through the first apostrophe of "Salem's. After that, it is difficult to see on the photo. I've also noticed that the dj has a different "texture" or feel to it. That doesn't translate very well in a picture, either. Is that texture or feel of the dj the same as yours?

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Totally outstanding Johnny! I'm working on a bit of a Lot collection myself (in fact a very nice piece has just arrived, though I have yet to inspect the package), but I'll never have anything like your collection! Very jealous of your collection and newest acquisition!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I'm speechless! Congratulations!

And congratulations Bob for the new job and Mike for becoming a grandfather!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Fan-tas-tic 'Salem's Lot collection, John! It doesn't get much better than that (well, maybe if you can find some 'Salem's Lot proofs). Outstanding.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Johnny007, you don't have to reply if you don't want to, but as this is the first sale of a 1st state since well, forever, might I require as to the approx sale price?
    I respectfully decline to post the price. Some people will say I'm crazy for paying what I paid and others will say what I wonderful deal I got. So I want to keep the details to the participants in this deal.

I will say that there was conversation when one of the other five books recently became available on ABE. Gerald recounted that about 7-10 years ago an agent of Michael Flatley (Lord of the Dance fame) offered the then-current owners $40K for their copy. All owners declined at that price. Apparently Gerald kept negotiating a price and got the agent to offer $61K. He still declined to sell at that price. So obviously after 7-10 years the $40K amount will be below what any owner would accept to part with their copy. ABE takes 20% off the top so that puts their copy in the $60K range...and I don't know if this is a straight sale or if it's a consignment. Honestly, I haven't paid that much attention to it. It's obviously an opportunity that people will consider. That's all I can offer at this time. Sorry for rambling on.

John

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    I respectfully decline to post the price. Some people will say I'm crazy for paying what I paid and others will say what I wonderful deal I got. So I want to keep the details to the participants in this deal.

I will say that there was conversation when one of the other five books recently became available on ABE. Gerald recounted that about 7-10 years ago an agent of Michael Flatley (Lord of the Dance fame) offered the then-current owners $40K for their copy. All owners declined at that price. Apparently Gerald kept negotiating a price and got the agent to offer $61K. He still declined to sell at that price. So obviously after 7-10 years the $40K amount will be below what any owner would accept to part with their copy. ABE takes 20% off the top so that puts their copy in the $60K range...and I don't know if this is a straight sale or if it's a consignment. Honestly, I haven't paid that much attention to it. It's obviously an opportunity that people will consider. That's all I can offer at this time. Sorry for rambling on.

John
    Having arguably the best copy in existence and the means to own it certainly gives you the right to pay whatever you want. Congrats on the book!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Congratulations on an awesome haul. The October 17, 1975 signature is very cool.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post

John
    If I am not mistaken, Abe do not take 20%.

The seller pays fees according to the amount of books they sell.
    Then, for each sale there are commissions of 8% (for a maximum of $40) + card fees (3.5% for orders above $500)
    >>> http://help.abebooks.com/how-much-do...l-on-abebooks/

Anyway, congrats on this grail !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jonny! I don't think I've ever seen a first state, even in pictures. Truly amazing!

Definitely not comparable to a first state salem's lot, but two new additions arrived today that I'm very excited to add to my collection.

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! I don't think I've ever seen an autographed Dark Carnival.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Outstanding! Love them both, but more jealous of I Am Legend, would love to add that to my collection one day.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the kind words! The book was "deposited for copyright on May 10, 1947" so I think this it's probably one of the earlier signatures
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been a while since I've had a King item worthy of posting in this thread, but I just received an absolutely fantastic piece thanks to Kris (and Tim):

This is an original piece from Dave Palumbo painted onto a BCE of 'Salem's Lot. I believe Kris had said this was the copy of the book that had inspired Dave's art (I could be wrong on that) and is one of only two pieces that he made that were not added to the CD edition of 'Salem's Lot (Kris still has the other), but is to be added to the portfolio.

Thanks Kris! I love it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1001 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 501 901 951 991 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1011 1051 1101 ... LastLast