Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 187 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 287 687 1187 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 32416

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hey all, since you mentioned craigslist I thought I would let you all in on what I have been doing, even though it could pose some competition in the future...lol

I have been buying Stephen King books on craigslist for years. 99% of the time people selling their SK books on craigslist may not know what they have or what its worth.

If you put the right words in the Google search field such as " Stephen King books craigslist " or " Stephen King Collection craigslist " or " Stephen King signed craigslist " it will bring up a huge list of craigslist ads all over the country...not just local to you.

Most people, in my experience around 90% of people are perfectly willing to mail out books to you and of those people most also have paypal. I have been doing this for years and probably have at least 40 transactions through craigslist. I have only been screwed once...but that was partly my own stupidity that that happened to me.

Some of my recent purchases are:

1. Grant 1st Wizard and Glass still in shrink wrap for $50.00
    2. Talisman/Black House numbered gift set still in shrink wrap, From A Buick 8 Gift Edition still in shrink wrap and all three different hardcover Colorado Kid's still in original package from PS Publishing...All these for 215.00 shipped !!
    3. A complete set of Dark Tower hardcover books, the first four were Viking first edition, first prints and the last three were first editions...all in near fine or better condition for 65.00 plus shipping.

And my most recent one... An inscribed signed and dated first edition of The Dead Zone signed in 1980 and a first edition first printing HC Bachman Books for a total of 110.00

So there are some great deals out there on craigslist !!!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been cruising Craigslist for a while.

Just an FYI about Craigslist:

The sellers that are being run off of Ebay for shady signatures and deals, have started posting the same books on Craigslist. Always, ALWAYS ask for a picture before buying a signed book.

Looking into my crystal ball, it's a bit cloudy but I see a new thread being created called

The Craigslist BS Game: Questionable items, signatures, sellers

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Ralph, LOL!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    It never occurred to me to check craigslist, Jerome. Good idea.
    Funny thing is, the seller is from Corralitos (I think that's close to you).
    Link to other items by the same seller:
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/bks/1106511283.html
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/bks/1105012781.html

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I would never ever buy a signed book without pictures...and after I get the pictures of the signed page... I send them to Hutch to verify the signature and he is always very kind and helpful with his reply. If Hutch doesn't like the signature... I don't buy it. Simple as that. But I can see how people would try Craigslist in hopes of snagging a sucker that they can't get on Ebay !!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, Jerome, close enough you could have had me pick up the book for you.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I bought (for the second time) one of The Green Mile S/L's from batsker. I sold my copy a while back, and have been kicking myself ever since, considering there's only 150 of them. So I am pumped to get it back in my collection!

Also I bought the book from batsker in person, as he's making a little trip, and he said he was meeting up with some other DT members, which is cool. We had dinner together and he was a real nice guy. I was glad to hook up with another King collector in person.
    Geoff

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Geoff !

Also looking forward to meeting batsker in person when he gets to Jacksonville !!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, Geoff. Glad you got that S/L again, and that you and batsker had the opportunity to get together.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

SPAM! Don't click on the link.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    SPAM! Don't click on the link.
    Thanks, Ari. That member now longer exists and the posts have been deleted.

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Yay! Karen got my books shipped out before she went on leave! Thanks Karen, they look great! Picked up a package from the post office on Sat with a Phil Hale signed DTII and AE's of DT V and VII.

So now I've got artist signed Grants for all but Wizard and Glass. Two of them are doodled, and I'm working on getting some doodles in the others (along a common theme), which is my ultimate goal. I have a feeling though that getting a copy of W&G signed is going to be tough, let alone doodled. McKean is not easy to get intouch with it seems.

Gunslinger Apprentice batsker will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in the same boat. I need 1st eds of DT 3 and 4 signed by the artists (no doodles for me unfortunately. If anyone knows where either can be found, and passes it along, I'd be in your debt.
    "Bist du so feige, dass du Angst hast vor der Finsternis zwischen zwei Laternen? Willst du nur Laternen haben? Komm, Beckmann, weiter, bis zur nächsten Laterne". - Draussen vor der Tür - Borchert

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by batsker View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I need 1st eds of DT 3 and 4 signed by the artists (no doodles for me unfortunately. If anyone knows where either can be found, and passes it along, I'd be in your debt.
    I'm in the same boat. Have all signed and or doodled except DT 3 & 4. I agree 3 will be easier than 4.

Mulleins
    Cumberland

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by batsker View Post
    Several members here have had contact with Ned Dameron. As for Dave McKean, you could start with either his agent, or art studio.
    Link

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    ...As for Dave McKean, you could start with either his agent, or art studio.
    Link
    From his website's FAQ:

10. Can I send you my books etc. to sign?

I think this best done at signings. I will advertise personal appearances through the year in the blog.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I should have mentioned that his site is under construction and not truly live. The actual main page doesn't have the links working yet. The link I posted is his development page.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to Ralph I now own a cool S/L Black House with a sketch by Rick Berry.

One of Berry's personal copies, it came with a printed sheet explaining its beginnings.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Awesome, Eric!

Cool bumble-bee !!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! That's pretty damn cool Eric. Congratulations!

My new pride & joy(s) is/are

1. S/L Children Of The New Disorder by Tim Lebbon & Lindy Moore

2. Just After Sunset Collector's Set

and

3. 1st edition Tales Of The Cthulu Mythos by Lovecraft & others
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations all!

John

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to everyone excellent aquirements
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Earlier today, I opened my garage door to find a package from Cemetary Dance!!

Opened it up and voila!! my book has arrived!!! Stephen King: The Non-Fiction, and it is GORGEOUS. A few years late but it's beautiful.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on your doodled BLACK HOUSE, Eric, and your new books too, Brice!

Sam, big congrats to you. Let's see some photos!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 187 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 287 687 1187 ... LastLast