Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 295 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 305 345 395 795 1295 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Veryyyyy cool John, bet its a great feeling to get the book!

And yeah i haven't read it either so im abit anoyed that a spoiler wasn't used!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The book has been out close to 23 years.
    That is sort of my feeling regarding so-called "spoilers" on this site.
    Care to elaborate?

I'm not trying to start some argument but fact is, I haven't read all of Mr. King's books. I was a little ticked last night when I saw the post and yes, I'm fully aware it wasn't meant to be a spoiler. I just wasn't expecting it. I stay away from discussions on books that I haven't read because that's where I expect the spoilers to be but this I just didn't see coming. It might not take away from the book once I get to it but maybe a little warning next time?
    I think the problem is though that everyone's idea of what constitutes a spoiler varies from person to person. What would be considered a minor plot development by some would be considered a spoiler by others. In my case I don't believe a good book can be spoiled, but that's just my personal opinion. Overall I'd say most people try to avoid posting them (or use the spoiler tags), but I think there will always be isolated cases of stuff like this slipping though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

John !!! Very nice !! Congrats!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Haven Clock Tower by Robert Addison, site of police chief Ruth McCauland's failed attempt to save Haven from the Tommyknockers...
    That looks very nice. Was it done in oils? What is the size?
    Thanks Bob. Mr. Addison usually worked with egg tempera or acryllic on board but this painting is oil on canvas measuring 22" x 36".

BM

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Cool. Now I know what happens in a book I haven't read.

I apologize for the slip up but I can assure you that this bit of information in no way spoils the outcome of the story. It is a very minor scene in a 500+ page novel.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The book has been out close to 23 years.
    That is sort of my feeling regarding so-called "spoilers" on this site.
    Care to elaborate?
    Not really. I tend to forget the fact that not everyone has been around reading King for as long as I have. I've bought every new King book the day it went on sale since about 1981. It just amazes me that people haven't read THE TOMMYKNOCKERS yet since it is so old. But newcomers have to start somewhere and I tend to forget that.

I've only been hit by a spoiler once that I thought it really mattered. DT IV: WIZARD AND GLASS had just been published and I was about half way through. Someone on the usenet group alt.books.stephenking posted a thread title with a MAJOR spoiler that occurred near the end of the book. Something about what Rhea tricked Roland into doing. It was a major bummer.

Since then I have stayed away from the computer when reading a new King book if I was afraid of spoilers. I remember getting an arc of DT VII: THE DARK TOWER and basically sequestering myself in my room for a few days until I finished it. I wanted NO PART of spoilers for that ending after following the story for over 20 years.

But here I guess I was thinking of MAJOR spoilers intended for just that purpose: to intentionally spoil the ending for someone as a malicious gesture.

I think this spoiler business gets overblown a lot and people get upset over relatively minor things. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if someone hasn't read a book that is 23 years old they are not likely to get to it this week or next. And, two weeks from now, if you were to be asked the specifics of the so-called spoiler, you wouldn't be able to remember the details you are so worried about today. At least I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to remember.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Good points. Although, I don't think it matters how old a book is and what year it was published. I read a lot but King isn't the only author I read and that's why I haven't gotten to The Tommyknockers yet.

Also, I had something spoiled for me in DT7. I was reading an entry on Wiki about the 6th book and clicked on a name of a certain character only to find out about his death in the 7th book. Bummer Town.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

It wasn't the Tommyknockers I was thinking of, but the fact that i just found out they were somehow linked to UTD.....

Anyways, no use crying over it
    Calla Wolf

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    (This is not a spoiler). Don't forget the link to IT.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[/QUOTE]I think this spoiler business gets overblown a lot and people get upset over relatively minor things. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if someone hasn't read a book that is 23 years old they are not likely to get to it this week or next. And, two weeks from now, if you were to be asked the specifics of the so-called spoiler, you wouldn't be able to remember the details you are so worried about today. At least I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to remember.[/QUOTE]

Life is a garden...dig it!

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I think this spoiler business gets overblown a lot and people get upset over relatively minor things. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if someone hasn't read a book that is 23 years old they are not likely to get to it this week or next. And, two weeks from now, if you were to be asked the specifics of the so-called spoiler, you wouldn't be able to remember the details you are so worried about today. At least I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to remember.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very well stated.

Ron

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

From Aaron's thread in this forum:

Calvin's Corner is a forum for general discussion about book collecting and other collectibles. Due to the nature of this forum the likelihood of spoilers is much less than in other areas of the site, although the possibility does still remain. Accordingly, this forum's Spoiler Requirements are as follows:

Content which would give away the end of the Dark Tower series MUST be marked with Spoiler Tags

Content which gives away deaths of major characters in the Dark Tower series MUST be marked with Spoiler Tags

Content which gives away the ending of any other King book MUST be marked with Spoiler Tags

These Spoiler Requirements apply to the Calvin's Corner forum specifically, and may not apply in other forums. When posting elsewhere, please always review that forum's Spoiler Requirements before posting potentially sensitive material. Spoiler Tags can be applied by typing SPOILER and /SPOILER in tags around the applicable lines of your post, or by clicking on the radiation icon in the formatting options in your post box. If you have any questions concerning possible Spoilers, please contact a member of site staff for clarification.

Thank you all, and have fun on the forums.
    I don't think the posting regarding The Tommyknockers violated any of the above.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Like Carlos said, a malicious spoiler is one thing, but giving context to an oil painting is part of the purpose of a collector's forum....this is a fan site, so readers are going to stumble on details they didn't know and that's just the way it's going to be.

No offense to anybody, but any book that can be spoiled by one sentence would not be much of a book. I mean - "Jesus dies" doesn't spoil the Bible.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

As for movies, is it a spoiler if I say that in Episode III, Anakin will end up being Darth Vader?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Like Carlos said, a malicious spoiler is one thing, but giving context to an oil painting is part of the purpose of a collector's forum....this is a fan site, so readers are going to stumble on details they didn't know and that's just the way it's going to be.

No offense to anybody, but any book that can be spoiled by one sentence would not be much of a book. I mean - "Jesus dies" doesn't spoil the Bible.
    Dammit....you ruined it for me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

Dammit....you ruined it for me.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

We're way off topic now. Mods, move this page to another thread.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We have wandered a bit. Hopefully someone has something new to show.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I just found this in my closet, I guess it's kinda new. I got this from Stu a few years ago..

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Wel,l I don't know why imageshack rotated this picture? oh well.......

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't see the picture...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It was there, now it seems it's been removed by Imageshack. I saw it there before. Maybe because it showed King's signature on the title page of The Tommyknockers.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This is not new. I was going through some stuff and discovered it. I'm not exactly sure where "The Palace Theatre" is--I know there's one here in Cleveland, but all the bookstores mentioned are in the middle/southern Ohio area. (Cleveland is considered to be in northeast Ohio.) I wish I had attended.

Front:

Inside:

Back:

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The 403 is an image itself. It has been posted by the user.

Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea why imageshack removed the photo....
    This copy comes from our gallery..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 295 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 305 345 395 795 1295 ... LastLast