Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 145 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 645 1145 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Wow! You finally got one! Very cool! That was really nice Bob. I'm overwhelmed with Christmas spirit!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The story is almost as priceless as the gift.

That is awesome. Congratulations

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

How wonderful that your friends and family "conspired" to do such a great thing. Kudos to all involved.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    HO HO HO-LY SHIT! ...
    That sums up my reaction perfectly.

Congratulations, David! I know you've been talking about this book for a very long time.

Bob and Karen (and Family Wiz): Fantastic! What teamwork!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice indeed!

David, as usual I am jealous!

Merry Christmas to you and to all!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

David!!! Very awesome !

This Christmas brought my new pride &joy, too! I am the proud owner of a SIGNED 1st/1st of On Writing. It's my first signed book! I'll be sure to post pics soon!
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    OMG

I received the MOST AWESOME gift for Christmas, something I have been searching for for over 5 years, and by the generosity of Bob, an assist from Karen and the love of my wife Valerie I am now the proud owner of the:

ORANGE GUNSLINGER PLUME PROOF!!!!!!!!

Bob, you have touched my heart in that special Collector's place with your generosity, kindness, sneakiness. I am forever grateful. You should have been here when I opened it....I just can't believe it.

Story in short: Bob knows how much I want this book and how rare they are. He has 2 copies and decides to offer me one, but as the holidays approach (this is early November), he decides to contact Valerie my wife and does so with an assist through Karen. So the cloak and dagger stuff occurs over the next few weeks. My mother-in-law pays for the book (so I do not see a charge), Bob mails the book to a family friend in town, my son keeps the book in his closet until I receive it. I LOVE YOU ALL. Thank you so so so so much. So here it is:

Book, letter from publisher and 4 pages of e-mail correspondence between Bob and my wife

Book and Publishers letter:

Book

Amazing! And it couldn't find a better home. So...is there any doubt about what book to take to the next signing?

and this was a brilliant conspiracy on behalf of Bob, Karen, your wife, mother-in-law, your son, and the family friend.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Congrats David! I really liked that story!

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY nice David and very neat of Bob, Karen and your wife in pulling it off in secret

Along the Path of the Beam Beamer is on a distinguished road Beamer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default I just got

Blaze and picked up Duma Key finally

Along the Path of the Beam Beamer is on a distinguished road Beamer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Dave

Very Nice you lucky dog...i would kill for that

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thats so cool bob!, this forum is great.

I was just thinking to myself as I came onto the forum just how the partner of a super-collector would go about buying a King related item, then I thought how cool it would be if someones partner was to contact someone from the forum (yes, my first thought was bob would be the man to go to) to find out what King related items are on their wish-list. The actually tale wasn't far off

As for me I got the paperbacks (I didn't own any edition of them ) of the Gunslinger Revised and Wastelands from my younger bro today, he has no cash at all so he must have used his Uni bursary to fund his xmas prezzies.

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

that was sweet of him Cloy, i know what its like having to find money as a student.
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Neat Christmas present Wiz. Congratulations.

Cloysterpete you have a great brother. Spending what little money he has on you.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    Thats so cool bob!, this forum is great.

I was just thinking to myself as I came onto the forum just how the partner of a super-collector would go about buying a King related item, then I thought how cool it would be if someones partner was to contact someone from the forum (yes, my first thought was bob would be the man to go to) to find out what King related items are on their wish-list. The actually tale wasn't far off

As for me I got the paperbacks (I didn't own any edition of them ) of the Gunslinger Revised and Wastelands from my younger bro today, he has no cash at all so he must have used his Uni bursary to fund his xmas prezzies.
    My beau actually got ahold of Ms. Turtlesong to work out my gift--I suppose that's an added benefit of having a circle of collectors to refer to!
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone. I'm still "tingly" all over. Anyone who collects knows what it is like to finally get something tht has been long sought after. AND, collectors love a good story to go with an acquisition, and this is the best yet for me.

I'd thank Bob a thousand times if I could. He gave my wife a very fair price as well. But, then again, we all know Bob is a class act. Thank you!!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, David - amazing gift. And I love the shenannigans and conspiracies going on behind your back by everybody to keep it a surprise!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone. I'm still "tingly" all over. Anyone who collects knows what it is like to finally get something tht has been long sought after. AND, collectors love a good story to go with an acquisition, and this is the best yet for me.

I'd thank Bob a thousand times if I could. He gave my wife a very fair price as well. But, then again, we all know Bob is a class act. Thank you!!!!
    I'm really glad that you were as surprised and excited as I thought you would be. I know that my wife would have loved to have given me something for my King collection over the years but has no idea what I would like or need. I'm glad we were able to get your wife involved and be a major player in the deal. A good time was had by all!

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW, what a story !

Congrats to David &
    Hats Off to Bob, Karen, Mrs. Wiz, & Mrs. Wiz-in-Law
    for pulling off a very complicated surprise action.

David you are a very lucky man in many ways !!

Karl

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Kinda funny how ka is a circle....
    What Bob did for me this holiday, I also did for Matt through his wife Dora, owners of this site. She contacted me looking for a special present for Matt, and we did a deal behind his back. So, while I was playing Secret Santa, Bob was doing the same thing to me! I hope Matt liked Dora's gift and my extra freebie!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kinda funny how ka is a circle....
    What Bob did for me this holiday, I also did for Matt through his wife Dora, owners of this site. She contacted me looking for a special present for Matt, and we did a deal behind his back. So, while I was playing Secret Santa, Bob was doing the same thing to me! I hope Matt liked Dora's gift and my extra freebie!
    There you go !

Karma Points for EVERYBODY !!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dave
    GREAT gift and even better story of how you got it!
    They are very tough to find!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Dave
    GREAT gift and even better story of how you got it!
    They are very tough to find!!
    I assume Mike that you own one?

I think I have only seen 3 or 4 ever. Bob and I own one. You? Hutch? Anyone else?

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Congratulations Wiz that book has been on your list for a long time. A few years ago Bob helped me by answering my questions when I purchased my Second Edition Gunslinger and I won't ever forget that!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by funky dredd View Post
    Congratulations Wiz that book has been on your list for a long time. A few years ago Bob helped me by answering my questions when I purchased my Second Edition Gunslinger and I won't ever forget that!
    And Bob advised me through the SKFakes Board when I was purchasing a proof copy of NLR.

It's good we all have a knowledgeable "go to guy" who is as gracious & courteous as Bob !

Karl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 145 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 645 1145 ... LastLast