Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 626 1126 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Guys that already got their Just After Sunset copies, both editions. Can we see the backs of the books? I'm wondering, if they aren't just mirrored. I really liek the orange look of the DVD cover, but I think I'll just get the regular edition, if the back also has that orange cover.
    You are correct, they are just mirrored. Also, they have different prices.

Country
    Country Flag

I've picked up a few Michael Slade goodies lately, I'll add them to my collection page sometime this weekend, but heres one I snatched up this morning that I'm pretty excited about:

A US 1st edition of Headhunter, the first Slade book. Signed and inscribed to presumably an interviewer. Its unique in that it is signed "Michael Slade" as opposed to "Slade" as well as the fact that is signed by all three authors (the three who at that point made up the Slade pen name). And, as an added bonus it is dated in the year of publication.

That and the name of the guy the book is inscribed to make me dedicate this acquisition to Bob.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Eric!

John

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    ok, here is another Chadbourne remarque and two more from Potter. That's all I have on file I think.

VERY nice David , I would love to own a set, and the price is reasonable I think.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is interested in these, contact Steve Sargent at:

sargent.s@sky.com

He just mailed me and said he would give me a $25 credit for each person who orders a set and uses me as a referral. Thanks.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    I've picked up a few Michael Slade goodies lately, I'll add them to my collection page sometime this weekend, but heres one I snatched up this morning that I'm pretty excited about:

A US 1st edition of Headhunter, the first Slade book. Signed and inscribed to presumably an interviewer. Its unique in that it is signed "Michael Slade" as opposed to "Slade" as well as the fact that is signed by all three authors (the three who at that point made up the Slade pen name). And, as an added bonus it is dated in the year of publication.

That and the name of the guy the book is inscribed to make me dedicate this acquisition to Bob.

I thought I had overpaid for this book, but it was unique and I wasn't upset if I had. I sent an email to Jay Clarke (the main voice of Slade) and got this response:

That would be one of the first books "Slade" ever signed. The Morrow HH came out in June 1985.

"Bob" would be Bob Frederick, a producer who did a CBC documentary on us.
    How cool is that?!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

How cool is that?!
    In my opinion, it is VERY cool. Congratulations, Eric. I've really got a thing for books signed and dated on, before or very near the publication date. Those are always the most desirable.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

He just mailed me and said he would give me a $25 credit for each person who orders a set and uses me as a referral. Thanks.
    Whoops! I completely misread this. I just ordered the set with letter "B" and requested the "Williamson discount" of $25. I thought I was to get the $25 not you!!

Luckily he honored my request but I might have cost you 25 bucks, David. If so, I am sorry.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

mmmm,sure of course you misread it bob,we believe you!!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Whoops! I completely misread this. I just ordered the set with letter "B" and requested the "Williamson discount" of $25. I thought I was to get the $25 not you!!

Luckily he honored my request but I might have cost you 25 bucks, David. If so, I am sorry.
    B is an awesome set. Here is the Potter from the set

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I owe Bob a huge apology. I should have never posted that picture of the book. It should be Bob's right to share that with everyone. Not mine.

I posted it out of pure excitement for Bob. Wasn't thinking.

I should be banned

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Cheer up! I have no problem with you posting the image. I actually liked the Potter image from set "C" better but I liked the Miller and Chadbourne from set "B" better so "B" won out.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

You did right by buying the B set. The detail of the police officer by Miller is fantastic. hehehe...I won't post that one.

Take care my friend.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    I owe Bob a huge apology. I should have never posted that picture of the book. It should be Bob's right to share that with everyone. Not mine.

I posted it out of pure excitement for Bob. Wasn't thinking.

I should be banned

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    If you insist-to cleanse the soul, I can see if we can do a 1 day ban.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I took 30 lashes from my wife (we won't go there) and I'm not allowed to walk into my book closet for two days. OK...1 day.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a plea for clemency for Ralph. He knew not what he did!

John

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

I just got home from Walmart with my Just After Sunset. The funny thing was that I just left the bookstore and went over to meet my wife and son and just happened to walk by the book aisle and there it was
    and to think I almost bought a different book at the bookstore but I was in a rush and had to get over there so we could leave!

Gunslinger Apprentice natehorning is on a distinguished road

Here are a few of my recent additions:

I haven't come across many of these so was extremely happy with an overlooked eBay listing.

This is not rare but a happy addition nonetheless.

While I hope for a proof this will have to do.

By itself this book is nothing special....

but with this it makes it a "pride and joy".

As there weren't any proofs and I won't be able to buy an in-house copy like the one John (jhanic) just bought this is as good as I am going to get for a while.

Nate

You've added some very sweet stuff to your collection, Nate. But I need to correct you on something.....the variant Gunslinger auction wasn't overlooked....you just outbid me on it. Congratulations!

Country
    Country Flag

Nate, is that 'Salem's Lot a paperback? Or some sort of variant cover for the hardcover?

Also, nice grab on the TGWLTG - was it the one in Australia?

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Why does your JAS cover look different?

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    UK Edition.

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

UK Edition.
    Ohhh...okay...lol it looks pretty cool but I like mine...it's SHINY...

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

UK Edition.
    Also, I think he is showing the uncorrected sampler proof of the UK edition. Although I suspect the finished UK trade edition will have similar artwork on the dj.

Country
    Country Flag

My bad, I now realize that 'Salem's lot is a proof.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 626 1126 ... LastLast