Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 1297 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 1001 ... LastLast

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Your New Pride and Joy!

Just a thread for pics of your collections. I would love some detailed descriptions as far as

-what they are
    -why they are special
    -why they are special to you
    -any fun stories.

Just whenever you guys get a chance.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is one wall in my collection room.
    I had to install these cases and tether them to the wall-California-earthquake country. Nothing fancy about the cases-spent the money on books. Mostly these hold my trades, and a few other items.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit Jerome...that is amazing

I am not sure we could even have dinner there together because I would have to look at those all night.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Here is one wall in my collection room.
    I had to install these cases and tether them to the wall-California-earthquake country. Nothing fancy about the cases-spent the money on books. Mostly these hold my trades, and a few other items.

And now I'm embarrassed to show my little collection.

INCREDIBLE man!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Awesome collection.

I just saw that My Pretty Pony slipcase and realized something. I was watching Veronica Mars on teusday, and there was aband called My Pretty pony on the episode, and I knew that it sounded familiar. The Veronica Mars writers are well known to dropping little tributes like that, but I had totally forgotten that that was a King short story.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

wow.

thats about all i can say.
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I want all Jerome's collection. In my apartment. Now.

That's amazing.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gunslinger Apprentice towerguard is on a distinguished road towerguard's Avatar

Thats my stuff from a few months ago, I have more now...
    I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? - Franz Kafka

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, that is so freakin' impressive. I love the way you have everything displayed - that's what I long for, but it just isn't going to happen with a 4-year old and a 6-year old romping around our house.

And my kids would end up destroying TG's place after not too long what with all those books down low and those guitars out.

I'll see what photos I already have, but really I need to take some current pics.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Patrick,
    That's why the two cabinets with my most prized books have doors with locks on them.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Why didn't I think of that?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Wow. I want all Jerome's collection. In my apartment. Now.

That's amazing.
    Having Jerome with it wouldn't be too bad either!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I do like how you are able to display your books Jerome. Unfortunately the size of my Condo limits me from doing something nice like that. And the Lettered Dark Dreamers, and lettered SK, along with the others, whoa, it's very impressive!

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm just going to have to copy everybody else in this thread with: Wow. RF, that's a hell of a collection you've got there. I'm filled with envy.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait to you see what others have. Someone I (we) know has an entire basement room with FAR FAR more than I have-including original art that would/will blow your mind. Many more beside him.

That being said-to all beginning collectors out there:
    My collection started with my 1st book, I obtained books slowly over time. I was renting a small flat in the beginning. One piece at a time over ~25 years I have what I have.
    If your collection is important to you, show us all.
    I think every collector here is from humble roots-no silver spoons in our mouths that I'm aware of.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

... I think every collector here is from humble roots-no silver spoons in our mouths that I'm aware of.
    This bears repeating. The collectors that I have 'met' are amongst the nicest, generous people I know.

Personally I spent a lot of my years growing up living in a mobile home. It was neither fancy nor privileged. So, yeah, there you go.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait to you see what others have. Someone I (we) know has an entire basement room with FAR FAR more than I have-including original art that would/will blow your mind. Many more beside him.

That being said-to all beginning collectors out there:
    My collection started with my 1st book, I obtained books slowly over time. I was renting a small flat in the beginning. One piece at a time over ~25 years I have what I have.
    If your collection is important to you, show us all.
    I think every collector here is from humble roots-no silver spoons in our mouths that I'm aware of.
    Jerome is correct. Carlosdetweiller who has registered here has quite likely the finest King collection (and way more than just King) in the entire world. Absolutely awe inspiring. Another, Hutch, also has an incredible collection but not having any personal insight into how much he has (as I do with carlos), I'd only guess that he is likely the closest runner-up to carlosdetweiller. I meanm man, I am so proud of my own collection, but I am not in the same league as these guys in terms of completeness.

I need to post some of my own pictures, but as Jerome and Patrick have both attested, we collectors I think are some of the nicest bunch of people I have ever dealt with. We are proud of our collections but NEVER flaunt what we have and totally root/back another collector who has acquired something that they love, whether it be a modest or expensive item. It is for the love of collecting and the chase after something desireable that lights our fires. Many times the chase ends up with us empty handed, but that's ok.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I'm going to try to post some pictures. I am not savvy enough to be able to post more than one picture in each reply, so it will have to be piecemeal...say sorry

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have 3 large book cases that hold the bulk of my collection, which numbers over 300 books of which over 200 (at last count) were signed.

****OK, people, this is the second time this has happened...when I load a picture from my hard drive, all I get is thumbnail because of size constraints of the site. So how is it others can post a larger picture? Is it a GIF vs JPEG thing? Help welcome
    Attached Images

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I have 3 large book cases that hold the bulk of my collection, which numbers over 300 books of which over 200 (at last count) were signed.

****OK, people, this is the second time this has happened...when I load a picture from my hard drive, all I get is thumbnail because of size constraints of the site. So how is it others can post a larger picture? Is it a GIF vs JPEG thing? Help welcome

So have you given up on collecting editions of books and just started trying to collect every copy?
    Seriously, all of y'all have some amazing collections.

If I knew the answer I'd be happy to help.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the others are linking to offsite images instead of directly uploading them. Could that have something to do with it maybe?

If you rescue me

Demon of the Prim Ruki is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

instead of adding an attachment to your post, set up an account at photobucket or imageshack (i think photobucket is better but that's just my opinion) then upload your pics there. once the pictures are uploaded they'll have three codes to choose from, copy and paste the IMG code into your post and the full-size pic will show up. it sounds a tiny bit complicated but it's really very easy to do.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I...when I load a picture from my hard drive, all I get is thumbnail because of size constraints of the site. So how is it others can post a larger picture? Is it a GIF vs JPEG thing? Help welcome
    Wiz, upload the picture to imageshack. Before you click upload, check the box to resize image, choose 800x600. Once uploaded, copy the bottom URL they give you.
    On the options above your text click insert image. Make sure you delete out the existing http:// in the box, copy your URL into the box and click OK.
    That should put your pic in at the largest allowable size.
    http://imageshack.us/

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the board loves as much picture hosting as possible.

From what I have seen, collecting this kind of stuff takes dedication to the cause. Not necessarily tons of money, just drive.

I am so glad this thread is here and I get to benefit from serious collectors of King. I plan to become one some day.

I can't wait to see what our greatest collector ever has.

**waits paitently for pics**

Edit--that is beautiful!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 1297 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 1001 ... LastLast