Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1098 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 98 598 998 1048 1088 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1108 1148 1198 ... LastLast
Results 27,426 to 27,450 of 32414

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My next new pride and joy is literally sitting at a depot 20 miles away from me.

I'd like to be patient but it is the holy grail, S/L The Stand.

Can't wait to get it tomorrow. I could have collected it tonight, but my other new pride and joy needed feeding and didn't have the time to go collect it.

Ah well, tomorrow will be special. Register my baby as officially born, get new windows in the house, and take delivery of this wonderful book. Exciting day.

I'm honoured obtaining this book at this point in time, given the passing of Bernie. I look forward seeing the artwork first hand.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only two books in my collection: A 1st/1st Gunslinger inscribed on the day I was born, the other is this...

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Let the hunt begin!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hell yes, congrats Colin...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Congrats Antoni and Rick!!!!

I'm really excited to now have all 3 Custom 'Salem's Lot signed, Mr. King was generous with his time as always, also was generous to sign a 1st Edition Charlie the Choo Choo and Mr. Mercedes Proof.

Matt... I'm speechless. I just don't have the superlative adjective.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really excited to now have all 3 Custom 'Salem's Lot signed, Mr. King was generous with his time as always, also was generous to sign a 1st Edition Charlie the Choo Choo and Mr. Mercedes Proof.
    May we ask how he signed it? Steve as Berryl....?
    Thanks
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

May we ask how he signed it? Steve as Berryl....?
    Thanks
    Amazing set of signed books! Congrats!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There has been some amazing pride and joys this week. Here's mine.

Book is immaculate, but the box needs a little work.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

Congratulations all!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Boom! And there it is... Congratulations Shaq, truly a beautiful production.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. You have to be a happy cat. I know I was when I finally got mine!!! CONGRATS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Hero!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

Not clear from the picture what the flaws are on the case.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

The bottom panel is pretty marked where it has been stood, and the joint in the bottom right corner isn't as flush as the other corners, as if it has been removed once before, and didn't quite fit together. I've not seen one before so not sure how flush they normally are.

Also the rim the lid sits on is pretty fragile and split in a couple of places and needs strengthening somehow.

Nothing that can't be addressed by an expert.

Your post on restoring the box is excellent and shows very similar areas that needs work. Only for the skilled I think.

Ps and yes, one very happy cat indeed. Waited a long time for this one.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

The bottom panel is pretty marked where it has been stood, and the joint in the bottom right corner isn't as flush as the other corners, as if it has been removed once before, and didn't quite fit together. I've not seen one before so not sure how flush they normally are.

Also the rim the lid sits on is pretty fragile and split in a couple of places and needs strengthening somehow.

Nothing that can't be addressed by an expert.

Your post on restoring the box is excellent and shows very similar areas that needs work. Only for the skilled I think.

Ps and yes, one very happy cat indeed. Waited a long time for this one.
    Hi Shaq, I had some similar issues with my Stand Limited box. I found a very nice gentleman who specializes in antique box restoration and TBH this type of box is very simple work for him. The website is http://www.jackdawboxes.co.uk/ and you can email Adrian on info@jackdawboxes.co.uk. If you mention "Simon" and that I popped in on the way to Cornwall with a similar Stephen King Box I'm sure he will remember!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent. Thank you. I will give him a call.

That is much appreciated. Cheers

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on al the new amazing P&Js!

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My pleasure, always happy to spread the word for craftsman.

By the way, your avatar photo is incredible, if thats as it was taken and not had some photoshopping of the bird in the foreground, it's a fantastic image. Love to hear the story behind it.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

By the way, your avatar photo is incredible, if thats as it was taken and not had some photoshopping of the bird in the foreground, it's a fantastic image. Love to hear the story behind it.

Maybe it has something to do with...............?
    Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

My pleasure, always happy to spread the word for craftsman.

Cheers. Not my photography I'm afraid. It probably is photoshopped but makes me laugh the longer I look at it.

It was some random site that does stuff like top ten photo bombs and silly stuff like that.

It does make me laugh.

Ps checked the location of the box restorer, would be perfect if heading over to Glastonbury this year, but missing it due to new born. Will see what he says and send it over.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some new acquisitions I'm particularly happy about. Now have blank copies of DTIII-VII+WTTKH+LSOE.

Wanted:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the acquisitions!

I don't want to rain on your parade so

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

With regard to RF's spoiler comment, I think posting images of any blank copies is a good way to ensure such unscrupulous changes don't happen. It might be worth starting a separate thread so any contentious PC or numbered copies can be compared in the future.

Still great acquisitions and yet another flavour to a collection!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

wolfehr, Congratulations !!
    Very unique collecting goal, definitely one of a kind.
    Good luck on your journey, looking forward to seeing more.
    Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Some new acquisitions I'm particularly happy about. Now have blank copies of DTIII-VII+WTTKH+LSOE.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the kind words everyone! A complete set of blank copies was one of my first collecting goals and it's exciting to get so close. I concur with the sentiment that having blank copies floating around has the potential to lead to "fake" numbers. That being said, I swear on my collection to leave them blank Having those blank copies in the hands of trusted members / collectors and tracking where numbers are (e.g., the front page of the DT Same-Number thread) is probably the best way to prevent that type of forgery from occurring.
    Wanted:

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! A complete set of blank copies was one of my first collecting goals and it's exciting to get so close. I concur with the sentiment that having blank copies floating around has the potential to lead to "fake" numbers. That being said, I swear on my collection to leave them blank Having those blank copies in the hands of trusted members / collectors and tracking where numbers are (e.g., the front page of the DT Same-Number thread) is probably the best way to prevent that type of forgery from occurring.
    Very cool stuff. Can I ask why you wanted them blank?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1098 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 98 598 998 1048 1088 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1108 1148 1198 ... LastLast