Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 332 732 1232 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Actually...forgeries of these seem to be as easy as to make more 1st Salem's Lot DJ, and I think you don't see them.
    not quite as easy....

there are not thousand of fascimile copies of the 1st salem's lots out there...
    and since these early works by king were not professionally produce book covers, but simply low tech high school produced quality - they'd be much easier to photocopy and pass off than a professionally manufactured salem's lot book jacket.
    i do have to admit i'm surprised at the prices that the 1st state salem's jacket commands... someone with the right equipment hasn't already tried to professionally forge some of these jackets...

this is where proof of provenance is important

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey ... Just won this for 99cents!! ( well, $2.99 with shipping )

The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Pam!

Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That usually goes in the $10 range! Or at least, it used to.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I paid even more for mine hahaha... you got a great deal!

Oh, slightly off-topic (seeing John reply and thinking of his proof thread), John or anyone else: have you seen a Blaze promo booklet come up for sale recently? I've never seen one except in the JHanic proof thread, and I'd like to get one someday

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My latest prides & joys (pictures off the internet, I still need to take photos - which reminds me that my website is in dire need of updating!):

That's right folks, as I'm approaching the end of phase I in my King collecting, I'm also starting to get some of my other favorite authors in 1st/1st hardback. It's almost funny (and a bit anti-climactic) to see how quickly one can get all the Michael Crichton 1st/1sts for a relatively small sum of money. Right now, most of them are already on their way to me 8) Note that I didn't get into his pseudonyms (John Lange etc.) yet, that should prove to be a bit more challenging!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I paid even more for mine hahaha... you got a great deal!

Oh, slightly off-topic (seeing John reply and thinking of his proof thread), John or anyone else: have you seen a Blaze promo booklet come up for sale recently? I've never seen one except in the JHanic proof thread, and I'd like to get one someday
    I haven't seen one for a long, long time. I actually got mine from my UK contact (who gets my UK proofs for me). I think there were a few that were offered via eBay when they first came out. Nothing since.

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finished my Crichton collection of first editions in just a few months. Didn't cost very much at all. Strange.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I finished my Crichton collection of first editions in just a few months. Didn't cost very much at all. Strange.
    Or maybe our perception of what a 1st/1st book should cost is distorted by our King collecting

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got to thinking about the UK promo booklet for Blaze and realized that I don't think there was a UK proof issued for that book. Similarly, I also got a promo booklet for the UK Cell, and I don't think there was a proof issued for that one either. I do have the promo booklet for Under the Dome, but I know there was a UK proof issued. I got the first two from my UK contact, while the last I had to get from eBay. My contact is a reviewer in the UK. He didn't even know there was a promo for Under the Dome until I asked him about it.

John

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Pam...you got a deal..I paid $15 for mine...still a cool little booklet
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I got to thinking about the UK promo booklet for Blaze and realized that I don't think there was a UK proof issued for that book. Similarly, I also got a promo booklet for the UK Cell, and I don't think there was a proof issued for that one either. I do have the promo booklet for Under the Dome, but I know there was a UK proof issued. I got the first two from my UK contact, while the last I had to get from eBay. My contact is a reviewer in the UK. He didn't even know there was a promo for Under the Dome until I asked him about it.

John
    I was thinking something along the same lines. Also, it got me wondering how, where, and to whom exactly these promo booklets are normally distributed? Are they just that - promo items freely distributed among booksellers - or are they spread in limited numbers and do they serve other purposes within the publishing industry?

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks, everyone. I'm pretty thrilled. I think I put in a top bid of $12 and just let it run it's course. I think I was the only bidder - so really lucked out.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My new Pride is "Stephen King: The Non Fiction" Signed/Numbered by Wood/Brooks!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My latest non-King P&J:

These slipcased sets of Joe Hill's LOCKE & KEY are limited to 100 each (not numbered) and are San Diego Comic Con exclusives (the slipcases not the comic books).

These are the sets from the 2008 SDCC and the 2009 SDCC:

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, Patrick - those are sweet! I love that he dated them!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Pam!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

One of the best moments of my life was meeting Junot Diaz. He won the Pulitzer Prize this year for this book. He is one of the kindest men you can ever meet. Personable, generous and an amazing example of American writing. If you guys want something different to read, he has a collection of short stories called Drown that you can get on AbeBooks for about $3. Check it out...

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    One of the best moments of my life was meeting Junot Diaz. He won the Pulitzer Prize this year for this book. He is one of the kindest men you can ever meet. Personable, generous and an amazing example of American writing. If you guys want something different to read, he has a collection of short stories called Drown that you can get on AbeBooks for about $3. Check it out...

Thanks Kenny, a fine recommendation if I know you (and I do!)

Congrats to you too Patrick!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Not as cool as being the model for Father Callahan...but still...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1347973874

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Definitely cool. Congratulations.

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Rahfa! What did you do in Iraq to earn that recognition?
    Last edited by Patrick; 10-20-2009 at 06:19 PM. Reason: clarification

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Wow, Rahfa! What did you do in Iraq to earn that recognition?
    He used a very, very brief bit of my reporting from when I was there as a photojournalist a few times over the last three years:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=49fc2fb04c

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 332 732 1232 ... LastLast