Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 163 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 213 263 663 1163 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    Well I went and did it......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching

Cant wait to get it in the hand

Wife said I am barred from ebay for awhile (wonder how long awhile is?)
    Awhile is, IMO, no more than one day. I think you are good to go.

Congratulations on the book, BTW.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

That is a sweet price! Congrats!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Karen, it must be a real geek to see a title that DMG did back in '82 still going strong. I talked to Robert a while ago about this book and he also was very surprised that this book has done so very well....bet you's at DMG could re-visit this one again...Thanks everyone for the great comments, I am just so pumped about haveing this book again, my first (signed by SK) was destroyed by my dog and I guess now I can let him rest in peace ( but he still owes me a Rage) On a side note: Emmanuel at Veryfinebooks.com is a great person to deal with...so if anyone is considering buying from him I can vouch for his books. This is the second title I've bought and I've had nothing but a good experience.
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Chooch! A book I will never own, but its real nice to see someone deserving get it!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Congrats Chooch! A book I will never own, but its real nice to see someone deserving get it!
    NEVER say never...I thought I'd never get it again but alis...hold your dreams in your thoughts and you will be suprised at what can happen...Thank you for the thoughts !!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nice book Chooch.

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Chooch.

Regarding the eBay sabbatical. Just convince your wife that eBay purchases are a part of the stimulus package.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gunkslinger View Post
    ... Just convince your wife that eBay purchases are a part of the stimulus package.

Congrats, Chooch. A 1st Edition GUNSLINGER is a wonderful thing. The Whelan signature makes it extra nice.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice inertia1215 is on a distinguished road inertia1215's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was excited about this grab as I have been wanting to read this for a while!

In a book,in a box,high upon a shelf
    In a locked a guarded vault
    Are things I keep only for myself
    Its your fate,but its not your fault

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

A first edition, sweet !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to everyone on their new acquisitions!

Just returned from 17 days of work in Puerto Rico, glad to be back home
    and online.

Had some cool stuff waiting upon my arrival.

SubPress Lettered Thumbprint (N) by Joe Hill

My AE LSoE #s 2529 & 2530 (Sadly, no remarques)

And the Gunslinger print #22 framed from Betts.

Will try to post some pics in my collection thread later this week, got a LOT of paperwork to catch up on, not the least of which is my expenses.

Disappointing to hear no one on the board has acquired a LSoE remarque,
    hopefully one will show up soon...

Also an aside, I've been reading an ARC of SubPress' edition of The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.
    A little more than halfway through, one of the better stories I've read in the last six months.
    Hey it has the "Cemetery of Forgotten Books", what more could you ask for?

My Mood
    Gay

Wow. When I return from travelling... I usually just have a big pile of bills waiting on me. I look forward to some pics!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah me too...Bills and alot of laundry to do...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I received a Dark Tower 6 promotional poster signed by King today.

Unfortunately, one of the sides got pretty crinkled up in shipping.

I suppose if I have it framed they could put a border around it to cover up the damage.

Close-up of signature:

Here is full view of 24" x 35" poster:

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The damage sucks, but if the price was/is right one can live with it.
    I don't know if it's frame able (spell?) in that it's a poster, but I still like it.
    Congrats!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice nab, tippy!

I finally received my ARC of He Is Legend today - with no hole punch.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Nice one Tippy!. I had a bid on it too 5 days before the end of auction but forgot about it.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

With a good frame and mounted matte, any crinkling would be invisible anyway. I've got things framed that were folded in quarters and they look great.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The damage sucks, but if the price was/is right one can live with it.
    I don't know if it's frame able (spell?) in that it's a poster, but I still like it.
    Congrats!
    I just got back from my local craft-store that does framing.

I think I can buy a stock 24" x 36" frame and have them put a matte on it to hide the damage.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bummer about the crinkling, glad it wasn't worse. Matting and framing should take care of it. Congrats on your signed poster, tippy.

My Mood
    Gay

tippy - I use www.framesbymail.com for my posters. They are fairly affordable and sell acid-free backing, not to mention a wide variety of mats. The instructions on their site are pretty good for figuring out how to order mats and measure, etc.

Nice poster!

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent aquirement Tippy, I'm sure that will look really good mounted and hanging in your home

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I received a Dark Tower 6 promotional poster signed by King today.

Unfortunately, one of the sides got pretty crinkled up in shipping.

I suppose if I have it framed they could put a border around it to cover up the damage.

Close-up of signature:

Here is full view of 24" x 35" poster:

HMMMM.
    I ALSO received a Dark Tower 6 promotional poster signed by King yesterday. AND upon reviewing it this morning I found....
    Unfortunately, one of the sides got pretty crinkled up in shipping!!!!
    Wonder if we were dealing with the same seller or just coincidence.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It is the same seller. I have had other dealings with him before and he is a good guy.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I assume the posters were shipped in a tube. That doesn't totally protect it though and if the tube is big enough there is a lot of sliding back and forth. Thus the damages. I am sure the seller thought it safe in the tube. The best way to ship a poster in a tube is to fill the tube with some stuffing (like the styrophome peanuts) to keep the poster from sliding back and forth!

I speak from experience here! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 163 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 213 263 663 1163 ... LastLast