Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 210 260 660 1160 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

This is a unique copy of THE REGULATORS. Joe Stefko had this bound for his own personal use. He said he wanted to read a leather bound copy without having to deal with the bullets. He never got around to reading it, he said.

Handbound in purple leather with black stamping of title and bullet holes ravaging the front board. Raised bands on the spine with six compartments with a bullet hole in each.

The last of the PC checks is affixed to the front page with King signing as Bachman.

Joe had a special "Regulators" checking account that all the business for this book was done from. He affixed one of these checks on the last page with details, provenance, etc.

Today hasn't been the best of days for me but it has certainly finished nicely. I am just really pleased to put this book in my collection.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

truly one of a kind bob.amazing.

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Wow! That is awsome! I love the royal purple leather, makes those bullet holes really pop! I'll have to look at the pics at home though, viewing them on my blackberry isn't doing it justice.

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Congratulations, Bob.

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

really amazing!
    Thanks for sharing bob!

Are they actual bullets holes???
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    really amazing!
    Thanks for sharing bob!

Are they actual bullets holes???
    Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone.

No, they don't go all the way through. Just black circles on the leather.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob, once again you manage to amaze and astound. That is a beautiful book, and so truly unique. Congratulations on acquiring both the book and the various proof items.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful, Bob! Congratulations on a great acquisition!

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Astonishing! Congratulations.

Hope the day wasn't too bad anyway
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i.
    am.
    in.
    awe.

and wiz i have a bruise from that hipcheck you meanie.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Bob, that's wicked!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooooooo, Bob has a new toy! That is really a nice package. Congratulations.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely incredible, Bob!! You are the master of rare SK and I'm so happy your day ended on such a high note!

And I'm just catching up here - congrats Tippy on your signed first, and bast - that remarque is wonderful!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

Alright, finally got home and on a computer again (stupid small blackberry screen).

Wow, amazing Bob. I love how Joe used The Regulators check to mirror King's limitation checks too. Truly one of a kind.

Thanks to everyone for the comments on the remarque. I'm still floating on cloud 9 from that surprise. Bob: To each his own

Mail man brought me another package today, but didn't deliver it, and left me a slip on the door instead Regrettably, I don't have any acquaintances in the post office, so I have to wait till the morning. It's either my books from Grant (Karen, did you guys use USPS or UPS?) or the Straub signed Grant Talisman I brought from Shibus. Either way, more pics in the morning

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

That is quite amazing Bob, words can't describe how cool that is. Congrats!

btw, I really like the cover font type and the multiple bullet holes. They should have used that cover for the Numbered Edition.
    Geoff

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Wow!. That's absolutely worth the suspense. Truly amazing!.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh.My.Goodness!
    That was certainly worth the wait !
    Congratulations. Incredible item.
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob-

I keep coming back to look at your pictures. I really like this item(s).

Now where on earth do you store this kinda stuff? This, the sportcoat King wore, etc.?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is very cool Bob, glad to see it in your collection, now you just need figiure a way to pry David's fingers off of his prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunkslinger View Post
    That is very cool Bob, glad to see it in your collection, now you just need figiure a way to pry David's fingers off of his prototype.

There is one other item from THE REGULATORS that I would really like. Stephen Gervais had already sold one of the original illustrations he did for the book when I initially contacted him. It is the last one with all the skulls. He still had the other three and I bought those. I keep meaning to ask Stephen if he would try to contact that guy and see if he would be interested in selling. It would be nice to get them all back together again.

And thanks again to everyone for all the nice comments.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Bob-

I keep coming back to look at your pictures. I really like this item(s).

Now where on earth do you store this kinda stuff? This, the sportcoat King wore, etc.?
    Interesting that you should ask. The answer, of course, is closets. The problem is that they are all full. We have so many Christmas decorations that I have had to rent off site storage for the past 7 or 8 years just to store them. It is climate controlled storage and the cost (around $100/month) really bothers me. I've also got quite a few framed prints and boxes of books stored over there.

This week a contractor is starting an addition to our house that is basically a 300 sq. ft. closet. We should finally be able to get everything under one roof with room to spare. But I'm sure that eventually we will find a way to fill it up too.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob, it looks like Joe sold you the Regulators stuff-correct? I noticed the check he tipped in says 1/20/2009.
    Now, can we add this under the prototype listing for The Regulators?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's not a prototype. It's a custom binding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's not a prototype. It's a custom binding.
    I would agree with that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 210 260 660 1160 ... LastLast