Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 157 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 207 257 657 1157 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff Ari. I too would love to find the dog tags.
    Patrick, great looking copy of The Stand.

Ari, FYI a litle info on the Plymouth Fury/Belvidere, from http://www.allpar.com/history/christine.html:

In 1982 writer Stephen King completed a new horror novel called "Christine". It was about a 1958 Plymouth Fury that possesses its new owner, high school nerd named Arnie Cunningham.

In the book Mr. King makes several references to the 1958 [COLOR=#006400 ! important][COLOR=#006400 ! important]Plymouth[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Fury that were not accurate. We have come up with some errors about the 1958 Fury that appear in the book:

Book: Christine is referred to as a four door.
    Fact: The 1956-58 Furys only came in a two-door hardtop. It was not until 1959 you could get a four door Fury. Book: Christine is red and white.
    Fact: The 1958 Fury only came in buckskin beige with gold trim. The 1958 Belvidere, the next model down, was available in toreador red and iceberg white, with silver trim. However, it is mentioned that she was a special order.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

bast: Nope, another collector.

RF: Thanks. Interesting Christine info, too.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Ari...excellent aquirements (as usual, I dont know how you find this stuff)

Patrick, Very nice copy how would you grade?

Congrats to you both
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys! And Jerome, thank you very much for the info about Christine!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    Patrick, Very nice copy how would you grade?
    Thanks, Chooch. Ah heck, with this edition of this book, I wouldn't try to hazard a guess. You can see more photos in my Book Collection thread, they're at the bottom of this page. Feel free to post your opinion of the grade in there, I'd be interested to hear (from anyone or everyone). No risk of offense.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Patrick, congratulations! Are you getting the slipcase, right?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Patrick, congratulations! Are you getting the slipcase, right?
    Hell yes! I bought the book so I'd have an excuse to buy that lovely traycase.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gunkslinger View Post
    Oy,

You got quite the growing collection. How many King related art pieces so far? You have to realize that I've been out of the loop for a while.
    Originals I have 3 Bernie Wrightson paintings from WoTC (2 from the Grant edition and the cover from the TP), 1 Phil Hale from DoTT, and the Alan M Clark cover to the S/L Complete Concordance (to be published some day). Then I have 2 remarques and 2 small drawings by Michael Whelan (plus all the DT prints).

Comic art I have 34 Jae Lee pages plus 3 variant covers by other artists and a commissioned drawing by David Yardin and 3 pieces from Zach McCain.

I don't have any non DT related King art.

Plus I have a really cool Michael Whelan original preliminary painting from Integral Trees by Larry Niven that I got from a really cool guy in a giveaway a while back, now that I think about it that guy may have started my art collecting (and cost me a lot of money).

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy cow, Dave! That's a lot of art!

I must say it was quite an experience viewing your original Jae Lee pages that you were gracious enough to bring out to Vegas for the get-together last October.

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunkslinger View Post
    Oy,

You got quite the growing collection. How many King related art pieces so far? You have to realize that I've been out of the loop for a while.
    Originals I have 3 Bernie Wrightson paintings from WoTC (2 from the Grant edition and the cover from the TP), 1 Phil Hale from DoTT, and the Alan M Clark cover to the S/L Complete Concordance (to be published some day). Then I have 2 remarques and 2 small drawings by Michael Whelan (plus all the DT prints).

Comic art I have 34 Jae Lee pages plus 3 variant covers by other artists and a commissioned drawing by David Yardin and 3 pieces from Zach McCain.

I don't have any non DT related King art.

Plus I have a really cool Michael Whelan original preliminary painting from Integral Trees by Larry Niven that I got from a really cool guy in a giveaway a while back, now that I think about it that guy may have started my art collecting (and cost me a lot of money).

That is very cool, Dave.

and by the way happy to be of help!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The book loos horrible Patrick. You shouldn't have something looking that bad in your collection. Let me take it off your hands so your bookcase won't be soiled by it's presence.

Looks great dude. A little wear around the corners, but still in great condition from what I can see.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    the Alan M Clark cover to the S/L Complete Concordance (to be published some day).
    Some day. I've got a pen and ink drawing by Erik Wilson illustrating King's story "One For The Road" that is supposed to be published "some day" in LEGACIES by Cemetery Dance Publications. I've had the drawing framed and hanging in my basement for 9 years!

I wonder which of these two pieces will be published first? Maybe neither.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Sam, I'll shove it in a big manila envelope and send it your way.

Dave and Bob, the book may not be released yet (ever?), but you've both got great artwork anyway.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Won this for the equivalent of $80 US.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=150320589293

Nothing super exciting - but I think I got a pretty good price.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That was a VERY good price!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice inertia1215 is on a distinguished road inertia1215's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

I'd be excited if I picked that up for soo cheap!! Congrats! Nice grab!
    In a book,in a box,high upon a shelf
    In a locked a guarded vault
    Are things I keep only for myself
    Its your fate,but its not your fault

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

As John said, that is a great price.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on a great deal, Eric.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

awesome price Eric, congrats!
    Geoff

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys - this is one of the very few bargains I've been able to snatch up!

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

$80 for that! Awesome! Great snag!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed.

Great price. I think I paid twice that for mine.

We need an emoticon that expresses envy!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Congrats, Eric. Sweet find.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Agreed.

Great price. I think I paid twice that for mine.

Tippy -

If its any consolation, its less of a bargain for me than it would have been six months ago when the Canadian dollar was doing so well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 157 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 207 257 657 1157 ... LastLast