Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 857 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 357 757 807 847 855 856 857 858 859 867 907 957 ... LastLast
Results 21,401 to 21,425 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't able to complete my matching #1 set of the PS anniversary editions, but I will now have a matching #1 set of something far greater....

I think the remarques that Glenn Chadbourne created for me are truly spectacular!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool. Love the artwork.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Got this via a deal with Hyraxia Books in the UK (they lowered the price to what I offered!):

Signed 1st/1st UK edition of The Regulators
    LOVE the (bachman) signature!! Congrats. still need to get one of those...

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When it rains, it pours!
    First editions all-

Flat signed DS:

Signed Danse Macabre, inscribed to famed comics writer/editor Archie Goodwin, in month of publication! My earliest King signature to date.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I'm not trying to be a jerk here, and I am certainly happy that everyone who has purchased Remarqued books is happy with their purchases. Collect what makes you happy. I'm just trying to understand why folks seem to like having a book with all of the remarques in it. You're going to close the book and put it in its slipcase, so nobody is going to see all the art. Doesn't it make more sense to have art on the wall? I'd much rather have Whelan art on the wall than some drawings in a book.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeow, you go out for the day and see what happens... come back to all these great new P&J's... Congrat's to all...John, Roog, Tdog, killjoy... hope I didn't miss anyone... great job on the new additions guys...

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Outstanding Chadbourne remarques!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    So I'm not trying to be a jerk here, and I am certainly happy that everyone who has purchased Remarqued books is happy with their purchases. Collect what makes you happy. I'm just trying to understand why folks seem to like having a book with all of the remarques in it. You're going to close the book and put it in its slipcase, so nobody is going to see all the art. Doesn't it make more sense to have art on the wall? I'd much rather have Whelan art on the wall than some drawings in a book.
    Collectors are a quirky lot.
    I'm very happy to have a couple of Whelan originals hanging on the wall, and I'm pleased with a few books with remarques inside.
    Not everyone can have an original(s) hanging on the wall that is affordable and palatable to others. A cool piece in a book takes up no additional space (than the book itself...duh), yet can be viewed/shown, at will.

EDIT:

I don't "get" the new tattoo body art that ranges from a full arm sleeve to coverage everywhere-particularly on young women. I also don't get a person having a tattoo where they themselves can't see it (unless someone hands them a mirror...oops reverse...or takes a pic to show them).
    That doesn't mean that the people getting/doing the tattoos are misguided, it just means I myself view things differently (and perhaps need to expand my horizons).

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, nice stuff, T-Dogz_AK47 and killjoy72! Really like that signature in Danse Macabre, as I am a comic book geek and know how important Archie Goodwin was in the industry!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Wow, nice stuff, T-Dogz_AK47 and killjoy72! Really like that signature in Danse Macabre, as I am a comic book geek and know how important Archie Goodwin was in the industry!
    Thanks goheat, my brotha' from another motha'!

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm very happy to have a couple of Whelan originals hanging on the wall, and I'm pleased with a few books with remarques inside.
    Not everyone can have an original(s) hanging on the wall that is affordable and palatable to others. A cool piece in a book takes up no additional space (than the book itself...duh), yet can be viewed/shown, at will.

EDIT:

I don't "get" the new tattoo body art that ranges from a full arm sleeve to coverage everywhere-particularly on young women. I also don't get a person having a tattoo where they themselves can't see it (unless someone hands them a mirror...oops reverse...or takes a pic to show them).
    That doesn't mean that the people getting/doing the tattoos are misguided, it just means I myself view things differently (and perhaps need to expand my horizons).
    Didn't much care for it (the tattoo thing) at first, but a beautiful woman with tattoos is still a beautiful woman. IMO and experience.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Two new UK proofs arrived today. I didn't have these in my collection and been waiting a while to finally get them.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Gunslinger 1st for a $1 at a thrift store. Price clipped and has a gift inscription, but come on, A DOLLAR. And this was one I thought I'd never own...
    This is what keeps me going back to thrift stores... nothing as good as that, but there is a GUNSLINGER (or a NINE PRINCES IN AMBER) out there. --My best was a first of CARRIE, unread and nearly flawless, wedged in among a stack of BCEs at our local library sale a few years back.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Paul!

John

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

EDIT:

I've never liked tattoos on women, I know that's sexist of me but I just can't help it.
    As for the Remarque question, ELazansky, you say you do not understand because the book will be closed and in a slipcase and no one will see it but most limited editions have illustrations, those are also closed up in the book and not seen, should books not be illustrated as well or is that OK because they are officially tipped in by the publisher/printer?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Gunslinger 1st for a $1 at a thrift store. Price clipped and has a gift inscription, but come on, A DOLLAR. And this was one I thought I'd never own...
    I think everyone here would have picked that one up, congrats!
    The best deal I ever got from a thrift store was finding a 1st/1st of The Color Purple in very good condition for less than a nickel, sure it didn't have a dust jacket but for less than a nickel (purchased other items along with it, all for a nickel is how I get the price was less than a nickel). I managed to get it signed by Danny Glover at a convention a few years back. He signed in purple ink

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic P&J's everyone... this thread is amazing! Big thanks to Jerome for my new P&J... My Avatar! Photoshopping the lady out really made the photo he took a real treasure to me!

Dan

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

EDIT:

I've never liked tattoos on women, I know that's sexist of me but I just can't help it.
    As for the Remarque question, ELazansky, you say you do not understand because the book will be closed and in a slipcase and no one will see it but most limited editions have illustrations, those are also closed up in the book and not seen, should books not be illustrated as well or is that OK because they are officially tipped in by the publisher/printer?
    Actually what's the point of even having writing on the pages...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Finally another DT-series complete: the German paperbacks released in 2013/2014:

Nice !
    The french publisher started releasing new versions in november. They are nice covers, but the crap part is that they are publishing when the over versions sold out.
    So far, there are 1,2,3 & 4.5

The publisher told me this week that the following ones are not likely to be released before a year or so, as they still have plenty stock :-(
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for that! The new French editions are also on the wantlist for some time, but no hurry yet with completing them. I'm sure they will be released after all

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

EDIT:

You're paying extra money for extra unique custom art in a remarqued book. Why would you just want to hide that away? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the extra custom art displayed? Just doesn't make sense to me. But again, if others enjoy remarqued books, that's great. I stay away from making any purchases with remarques. I like my limited edition books as published.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

EDIT:

You're paying extra money for extra unique custom art in a remarqued book. Why would you just want to hide that away? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the extra custom art displayed? Just doesn't make sense to me. But again, if others enjoy remarqued books, that's great. I stay away from making any purchases with remarques. I like my limited edition books as published.
    This is why I like the remarque in PS's lettered Carrie, as it can be displayed separately!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Nice, Paul!

John
    Thanks again John.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post

This is why I like the remarque in PS's lettered Carrie, as it can be displayed separately!
    The definition of remarque has certainly been stretched to it's limits.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post

The definition of remarque has certainly been stretched to it's limits.
    Certainly has! That's how PS advertised it. I would class it as stand-alone artwork.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 857 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 357 757 807 847 855 856 857 858 859 867 907 957 ... LastLast