Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1015 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 15 515 915 965 1005 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1025 1065 1115 ... LastLast
Results 25,351 to 25,375 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Amazing acquisitions!. Would love to see the rest of your collection!.
    Hopefully before the end of May is when I'll have everything SK-wise in order.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Amazing acquisitions!. Would love to see the rest of your collection!.
    Hopefully before the end of May is when I'll have everything SK-wise in order.

John
    I look forward to seeing your collection. Nice to have you back, John!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is AKC posting a New Pride and Joy on behalf of WEBSTAR1000.

As many of you know, I have spent the last year in aggressive pursuit of original art that was ultimately used as the COVER or INTERIOR illustrations from the likes of Whelan, Maitz and Palumbo. At the beginning of my quest, Kris was instrumental in connecting me with the 3 artists. Since that initial introduction, I have weekly dialogue with each and am fortunate now to have 9 original cover and interior pieces from the CD Shining, CD 'Salem's and the Dark Tower series.

Rest assured, the acquisition of these pieces would not have been possible without Kris' help.

Anyway, along the way of obtaining the originals, I also acquired various works/prelims that were not used as a Cover or Interior art and, as result, ultimately not core to my collection goals. Beautiful original pieces, but not on a cover or in a book.

As a result, I sold the two below to Kris in appreciation for his help along the way. Sold them to him because I know his love for Whelan and that these will reside in his collection until the day he sells it all........

SO CONGRATS ON THE NEW PRIDE AND JOYS KRIS AND THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice! And Audrey always does a great job of matting and framing. I've been known to reframe things from time to time but have never wanted to do that with anything I got from the Whelans.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Nice acquisitions Kris.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    This might not be a "real" Pride and Joy, but it's my first attempt at binding.

Eyes of the Dragon 1st/1st bound in Sea Snake skin.

I tried to show the metallic green shine. Figured it would be an appropriate covering due to the name. At least made more sense that iridescent green skin on a 1st/1st Carrie. haha!

I still need to get the name of the book on there and I think I might use one of the real SK stamps I have to "brand" it like a real cover. If I heat up the copper and then quickly touch the snakeskin, I think I might get that SK to be on it nicely. Or destroy it. DOH!

You gotta ask yourself this question. Do I feel lucky....

P.S. ohhhh...I can probably put this in one of a kind forum I bet. Probably not more than one of these out there I'm thinking.
    Unless you have a scrap of the skin left to try the stamping on, I'd just leave well enough alone. That's a fun & unique item. I like it a lot!
    +1. For best results any type of stamping should be done prior to binding.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Kris! More incredible art!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys!!!! And THANKS Tim. Your a good guy as everyone here knows... thanks for the opportunity to own these. I am in love It is a good day here in the snowy north!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Whelans!

I just received this:

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on those amazing Whelan pieces!!! And kudos to AKC for being an awesome human being

Whelan related, I got this back from the framers last night.

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great, Becca! Congrats!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The snake skin bound EOTD is REALLY cool. And congrats on the new addition Becca!
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOVE ALL THE ART GUYS!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, everyone!

John

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, becca and Kris! The S/L Christine looks great! Kris, I know you are busting at the seams over your recent acquisitions. Tim has been pretty darn good to me, too! So happy for you both.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love that art! Beautiful framing, sensational! The S/L Christine is one of my collecting goals for the next 18 months. Well done guys. I love watching this thread.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Nice Whelans!

I just received this:

Wow Becca...The Stand S/L and Christine S/l?! Did you hit the lotto? Nice!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    I love that art! Beautiful framing, sensational! The S/L Christine is one of my collecting goals for the next 18 months. Well done guys. I love watching this thread.
    Keep your eye out for Christine. I got a good deal on mine last year, but I waited. The DJ wasn't as nice as I'd like it to be, but you can still buy brand new jackets from Donald M.Grant. Best of luck!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Nice Whelans!

I just received this:

Congratulations! Love the presentation of this book. The more I see it, the more I need a copy.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic everyone !!!

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

What's the current street rate on the S/L Christine's?

Great new stuff everyone!! Love the art and love the S/L Christine too!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great new stuff everyone!! Love the art and love the S/L Christine too!
    The Collector lists it as $800-1000. I've not followed it closely, however.

http://skcollector.com/limited/christine.html

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Wow Becca...The Stand S/L and Christine S/l?! Did you hit the lotto? Nice!
    I wish! I got them both for much less than what they are listed for these days.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Becca! I need that one and I see that newly framed Welan up there!! Love the frame mate!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1015 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 15 515 915 965 1005 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1025 1065 1115 ... LastLast