Donate To Keep The Site Vibrant and Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1194 of 1196 FirstFirst ... 194 694 1094 1144 1184 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 LastLast
Results 29,826 to 29,850 of 29896

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Rabid Billybumbler Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Dan Simmons book, love the understated cover
    Wish List:
    Rage 1st/1st
    Roadwork 1st/1st
    Goblin-Josh Malerman

Citizen of Gilead lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

While it's been a shitty couple of weeks personally, it's been a GREAT couple of weeks book-wise, and I have a couple of things that I've been meaning to post. Here is the biggest and best and first!

I know that there are literally hundreds of pictures of this book around, and lots of them better than these, but I wanted to post more than just the limitation page, in case anyone had temporarily forgotten how freaking beautiful this whole production is.

First, the letter of provenance that accompanied the book. I'm grateful to Paul, as I really appreciate stuff like this. Although I'll never in my whole life forget about this experience, it's nice to have small reminders of provenance for the important books in my collection.

The beautiful (and soft!) black leather and dark red cloth:

Two-color letterpress printing, with art (after watching the letterpress video Paul posted for The Time Machine I think we all have a new appreciation for what it means to do two-color printing via letterpress!):

The first Easter Egg!

God I love these endpapers. Some of my favorite ever. I've mentioned before that I'm a big sucker for hand-marbled endpapers so sometimes I forget that there are machine-printed endpapers that are also just damn beautiful (the recent Rosemary's Baby numbered and the lettered Sleeping Beauties from earlier this year are other great examples).

I half joke (actually it's only quarter joking, I'm pretty serious) with my wife that I want to wallpaper my office with this paper - it's decadent, but not over-the-top, it's got a wonderful palette and the right amount of white space, and I love love love the gold accents. Not only is it beautiful on its own, but it's wonderfully evocative of a kind of wallpaper that Annie might have in her house.

Here's the copyright page that housed the long-kept secret (15 months!). Look at that letter "S" just staring everybody right in the damn face!

And finally, the limitation page. Red ink! I wasn't sure if these would be numbered 1-15 or 186-200 because I've never seen a picture of a red numbered Misery limitation page. Well, here it is, and it's the latter!

My best Pride & Joy, number 194:

Please help me find:
    RED SNAKESKIN HORNS
    from Suntup Editions

The Citadel of the Autarch, #100
    Chimera II
    from Centipede Press

Rabid Billybumbler Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell has much to be proud of Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing book!!!!!!!!!! I wish some day to have a numbered Misery in my collection, it is amazing.
    Wish List:
    Rage 1st/1st
    Roadwork 1st/1st
    Goblin-Josh Malerman

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a spectacular aura about M_O_O_N has a spectacular aura about M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the blood splattered page!
    There are no coincidences.

I don't like rep points! -
    Please use the 'I disapprove' option for me. (seriously)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19 has much to be proud of bdwyer19's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on solving the Easter egg puzzle! That is a beautiful book!

Goldmember webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000 seldom gets put on hold webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Iím not super impressed you got the red number. You AND firemonkey solving this Indiana Jones / Da Vinci Code riddle... NOW THAT IMPRESSES ME. It was easily the coolest thing ever in the book world since I joined it 8-9 years ago. I wonder if Firemonkey never noticed it if anyone else would have. I noticed that S on Misery... but thought it was for Suntup. Thus never thought of it again. To do what you guys did shows real brains. Glad you both won a cool prize. It is so cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Thatís a thing of beauty Tim - great photos, and such a great story behind it as well. Itís obviously going to an owner who truly appreciates it. Congratulations.
    ďIf you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.Ē
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

Big Coffin Hunter Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Huge congrats on that one for sure, Tim!
    "Iím goddamned Luke Skywalker. Except with far better books."-Jeffingoff

Citizen of Gilead lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone! And again, big thanks to Paul for running such a cool contest and firemonkey for being so sleuthy to begin with!

And Kris, I agree - while I LOVE my new book, the full story behind it: Paul's idea, firemonkey's detective skills, and my fortuitous solution, is really the coolest part. I've never heard of anything like it either, and I'm so happy and proud to be a part!
    Please help me find:
    RED SNAKESKIN HORNS
    from Suntup Editions

Chimera II
    from Centipede Press

Weedeater MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold MikeDuke is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Mellow

Congrats on solving the puzzle and getting that great copy of Misery. Well deserved. And a very cool contest indeed.
    I'm a Rebel in the F.D.G

Did you guess it was me? becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you love your prize Tim!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, and very impressive on all accounts! Man, I forgot how much I like those end papers...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dawg View Post
    Very nice, and very impressive on all accounts! Man, I forgot how much I like those end papers...
    When Misery was released, I tried my hardest to completely avoid all pictures of the book until I could see it in person. One night I scrolled down too fast in a thread, saw a flash of this pattern, and immediately closed the tab and avoided that thread - so the endpapers were like the only part of the book I partially saw. Even so, when I opened the book for the first time and saw them in person, I still let out an audible, involuntary gasp. Just spectacular papers!
    Please help me find:
    RED SNAKESKIN HORNS
    from Suntup Editions

Chimera II
    from Centipede Press

Demon of the Prim firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66 is a splendid one to behold firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a spectacular prize! And such a nice post about it, Tim, Congratulations! Thank you for sharing it with us. And because I think that is a friggen awesome idea, I hereby vote that you actually DO wallpaper a room with the Misery endpapers and then post a photo of the red numbered Misery in it

And thank you, guys, for the kind words It was cool as hell to be involved.
    Looking for:
    1) CD Carrie S/L & matching art portfolio #58
    2) Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof
    3) 1st printing Night Shift without dust jacket

Demon of the Prim Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears is just really nice Ben Mears's Avatar

Lotuz + Firemonkey + Zelig = class acts.

Manni Folken ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Tim! You're a bloody paged genius!!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman will become famous soon enough playdohman will become famous soon enough playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Your New Pride and Joy!

Little gem from used bookstore today. Not in the greatest condition but also not one you find everyday. Considering the upcoming Suntup edition I felt this edition by it on the shelf would do nicely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a spectacular aura about M_O_O_N has a spectacular aura about M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice find.

"A Grotesque Romance" Gotta love it.

Honky Mahfah Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing has much to be proud of Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    While it's been a shitty couple of weeks personally, it's been a GREAT couple of weeks book-wise, and I have a couple of things that I've been meaning to post. Here is the biggest and best and first!

I know that there are literally hundreds of pictures of this book around, and lots of them better than these, but I wanted to post more than just the limitation page, in case anyone had temporarily forgotten how freaking beautiful this whole production is.

First, the letter of provenance that accompanied the book. I'm grateful to Paul, as I really appreciate stuff like this. Although I'll never in my whole life forget about this experience, it's nice to have small reminders of provenance for the important books in my collection.

The beautiful (and soft!) black leather and dark red cloth:

Two-color letterpress printing, with art (after watching the letterpress video Paul posted for The Time Machine I think we all have a new appreciation for what it means to do two-color printing via letterpress!):

The first Easter Egg!

God I love these endpapers. Some of my favorite ever. I've mentioned before that I'm a big sucker for hand-marbled endpapers so sometimes I forget that there are machine-printed endpapers that are also just damn beautiful (the recent Rosemary's Baby numbered and the lettered Sleeping Beauties from earlier this year are other great examples).

I half joke (actually it's only quarter joking, I'm pretty serious) with my wife that I want to wallpaper my office with this paper - it's decadent, but not over-the-top, it's got a wonderful palette and the right amount of white space, and I love love love the gold accents. Not only is it beautiful on its own, but it's wonderfully evocative of a kind of wallpaper that Annie might have in her house.

Here's the copyright page that housed the long-kept secret (15 months!). Look at that letter "S" just staring everybody right in the damn face!

And finally, the limitation page. Red ink! I wasn't sure if these would be numbered 1-15 or 186-200 because I've never seen a picture of a red numbered Misery limitation page. Well, here it is, and it's the latter!

My best Pride & Joy, number 194:

Congrats!! AMAZING!
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.

Citizen of Gilead Lurker is a name known to all Lurker is a name known to all Lurker is a name known to all Lurker is a name known to all Lurker is a name known to all Lurker is a name known to all Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Picked up a few things this month but these are P&J's:

A just about perfect Thinner from David (looks like it's never been read, clean, spotless..)and my favorite author Terry Tempest Williams new book signed.

Guess I'm going to need a slipcase for that Thiiner.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice
    Wish List:
    Rage 1st/1st
    Roadwork 1st/1st
    Goblin-Josh Malerman

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin seldom gets put on hold stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post

Guess I'm going to need a slipcase for that Thiiner.
    I know a man....

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead Lurker is a name known to all Lurker is a name known to all Lurker is a name known to all Lurker is a name known to all Lurker is a name known to all Lurker is a name known to all Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks.
    Yes, That's the slipcase. Need a couple of others from him too, but will probably wait til after the new year.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Owner Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Picked up another Whelan piece from the Knowing Darkness set. Not sure if this is Trashcan Man, or just a zombie. It's currently at the framing shop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1194 of 1196 FirstFirst ... 194 694 1094 1144 1184 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 LastLast